Notices
OZOC (Orlando Z Owners Club) Orlando Z Owners Club

Swiming Pool Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:51 PM
cj350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swiming Pool Recomendations

Hey guys as you all know i have not been posting lately because i have been bussy. I am in the process of moving into a new home that has a pool and also a hot tub. Now, I need recomendations on how to maintain it. I need a good company that is not a rip off. Does anyone know of a company that i can give the contract to. Also how mouch does it normally cost to do this. Is it easier to do it myself?? Is it worth paying someone to do it?? I have never owned a pool home so I am confused and I have an orientation with centex pools on Friday so I want to go prepared before they pressure me to sign a deal with them............Please Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i used to clean pools back in the day, it will be less expensive if just take samples of the water every week up to a pool store, they will test it and give you the chemicals, but it gets annoying. you could have the pool cleaned for around 100 dollars a month, i would call BM Wemple, they are a big company and will take care of ya...
Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CJ, it's not too hard to maintain a pool but it depends on the equipment you have, chlorination system, etc. You could try BM Wemple Pools, they did a good job with ours. I do my own and it only takes about 30 minutes or so a week if that. I take a sample to the local pool store and they analyze the water and tell me what I need. Most of the time it just needs chlorine so I through a bag of shock.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
kpiskin

What kind of pool is it first? I got a saltwater system and it is very easy to keep up and I don't feel the need to hire someone to keep it clean for me. I do get it tested every couple weeks to make sure my PH levels are good and that rain water hasn't added phosphates it. I basically run the polaris in it for a few hours and it's good to go. I also have a vacuum type thing if I want to do spot clean ups.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cj350
Hey guys as you all know i have not been posting lately because i have been bussy. I am in the process of moving into a new home that has a pool and also a hot tub. Now, I need recomendations on how to maintain it. I need a good company that is not a rip off. Does anyone know of a company that i can give the contract to. Also how mouch does it normally cost to do this. Is it easier to do it myself?? Is it worth paying someone to do it?? I have never owned a pool home so I am confused and I have an orientation with centex pools on Friday so I want to go prepared before they pressure me to sign a deal with them............Please Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in the same situation. Just bought a house with a vinyl pool. Read up on it, then find a small pool supply store (the big ones usually don't have time to educate you). Talk to the folks there, they'll usually test your water for free. The folks I go to test my water and it gives him a print out of what I need to add and how much (you need to know approximately how many gallons are in it). You'll have to vacuum it once a week more or less to get the leaves and bugs out. A Polaris on a timer will save you a bunch of time.

Is it vinyl or gunite?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Zexy

If you want to save money definately DIY.

Invite us all for a get-together once it's finished!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Gilley

It's something you can do yourself, but I hated doing it when I had a pool. But I was too cheap to pay someone $100 - $115 a month to do it, so I did it anyway.

We have a stand alone hot tub now and it's pretty easy to maintain. I don't mind doing it a bit.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Chucky

I know the chlorine pools suck to maintain, so that's why I have a salt pool... super easy to maintain. Spend the $800 for the conversion to salt if you can. Now it cost me about $10 a month to maintain... if that.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:21 AM
wild121

just learn how to do it yourself then find a kid in your neighbor hood and teach him how to do it and pay him 30 bucks every other week. Thats what my mom did when I moved out and i wasnt cleaning the pool. If it turns green yell at the kid till he ***** himself. You will never have to worry about it again.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
cj350

Hey guys just got back from the closing. Love the house. Also I really appreciate all the info you guys have given me. Thanks to al the answers. I think i will do it my self and i will also get an automatic cleaner....
Thanks a million guys really appreciate it!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 PM
kpiskin

I definitely love my salt pool, the water is less harsh and as said above much less maintenance intensive and less chemicals to add.