Notices
OZOC (Orlando Z Owners Club) Orlando Z Owners Club

Sarge's rims almost taken

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 PM
laracroft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sarge's rims almost taken

So Miguel (ghost_shift aka Sarge) was parked by Quiznos this afternoon when a guy in a white Corolla cased his car for about 1/2 an hour. He drove around several times, parked next to it, then drove away, came back, parked away a few yards, then parked again next to it and opened the trunk - ducked down next to one of the rims and was doing something.

Miguel came outside the shop and ran over to his car. The guy looked to be sizing up the rims, lugs and trying to get to the center caps. He confronted the guy, they had some words and he took off. But not before getting his plate number and giving it to the police. The plate is S50-1MY - stock white Corolla with hubs. Just be careful out there and make sure you locks on your rims. This guy was pretty bold to be doing this in daylight. Not everyone is out to admire your ride!

I posted this on the OrlandoForums, but they locked the thread for this reason: "we arent going to start filling OF with these theoretical attempted theft stories, with bickering and accusations about them, with any more of that drama that always ends with useless e-battling and me having to ban people to make them shut up."

Sometimes I think moving to Orlando was a bad idea. There's much more to do around here and it can be fun, but things like this make you wonder why people live here. No one seems to care about other people. If someone tries to take anyone's car, rims, parts, etc.... PLEASE let us all know about it.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

thank you for sharingm good to here the rims were taken care of. Thats a perfect reason why I use muteki lugs.

Where exactly did it happen?

On a side note...Im gonna be eye ballin' very white corolla now
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
laracroft

Deerfield and south OBT near the Albertson's and Universal Nissan.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
FliPPER_Z

damn...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:05 PM
CaribbeanBlue

I read the thread on OF and I have no idea why that thread got locked... The only reason I can think of is that it was posted in the Lobby... I know a lot of ppl used to post in the Lobby saying how their Civics got stolen and I think the Mods just got sick of it... They started telling people to go post somewhere else... I have no idea why.

Sucks about that happening, but I'm glad the guy didn't get the chance to steal them. Good eye, Miguel. Don't let that deter you from driving your car though!! The crime rate is high... I can speak from personal experience that crimes and attempted crimes aren't easy to deal with but the car was meant to be shown off!! I don't blame you though for not wanting to drive it. I don't like leaving my car in certain places and your car is nicer than mine!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM
JR350z08

thats crazy.. that right by my house... does he have locks on them? i have one set on the works now.. Im gonna out another set on there.... if they have the time to take my rims... I'm make sure they dont go with out a fight!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM
CaribbeanBlue

I was given a set of blue lugs but they didn't come with locks which is why they're not on my car... I was contemplating putting 4 blue lugs on each wheel and leaving the silver lock on there lol! I might just wait and order a blue set that comes with locks. But for people who really want to steal some wheels that have locks on them, they're probably going to get the key somehow. I dunno. Can't trust anyone these days.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:30 AM
laracroft

Yeah, he's got locks on the Volks - seems like the guy didn't get deterred from it being A) during the day or B) the fact that they had locks. He appeared to be looking for a way to get them off. He might have just stole the centercaps, but thankfully he DID catch the guy and nothing was taken or ruined. The problem with the guy though, is the fact that he didn't get anything. I might have let him try to take something while keeping an eye on him and the minute anything came off, tackle his *** and wait for the popo. lol But you never know also if someone's going to key it or pour brake cleaner, etc. and just hate like that either.

I told him not to be afraid to drive it, but I think a good car alarm is in order - the ones with brake glass and shock sensors, like if the car is bumped. I'm not too worried about MY rims though. My Motegi's are all curbed anyways and I don't have much tire tread left - by all means - TAKE THEM! lol
Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 AM
CaribbeanBlue

I'm getting that alarm system soon - the one that has the proximity sensors so if your windows are down and someone reaches an arm inside without touching the car the alarm will go off... and the shock sensors as well. My car is already wired for it, it just needs to be installed. I'd recommend you both do that since you both have nice cars
Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
zerafian

LOL at OBT...thats all you need to say.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 AM
JR350z08

Originally Posted by zerafian
LOL at OBT...thats all you need to say.
OBT
Old 08-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Ghost_shift

I have a mental picture of the guy and his POS rolla. It hasnt been a nice welcome to Orlando. Alot of people, and idiots all over the place. I HATE thugs, and most of the houses that we have seen in what used to be nice developments are all destroyed, with 100 cars in front of them and spray paint on the outer walls of the neighborhood.

I don't know, I might have to get used to all this, but its the main reason I left Miami. I really dont want any of my kids growing up here.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 AM
zerafian

^^FL educational system is awful anyways...Move further north.

No offense to FL natives..but I spent 2 years in school here and they were about 4 years behind the 2 VA schools I attended..
Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
projektZ

I used to live in West Palm before I moved up here to go to UCF. I thought it was great until I got robbed at gunpoint taking out the trash. People around here don't care about anyone else and just want to get what you have. I hate it. I plan on moving if I can get a job transfer. I like florida but Orlando is not safe. I never felt unsafe in west palm, I knew the areas to stay away from. Up here you'll be in a really nice area then 5 mins later in the ghetto. I get wary of everyone around here and what their motives are. I don't even want to take my car to car shows b/c I am afraid someone will follow me home and shoot me for my freakin car or something.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
CaribbeanBlue

Woah are you serious? Same thing happened to me last year... robbed at gunpoint. I was so ready to move far, far away... but at that time (and even now) I can't really afford to move out of my current house... Unfortunately it seems that no where is safe anymore.

As far as the public schools go... I went to Winter Park and I have no complaints... Winter Park was the best rated public high school in Orange County... and maybe even FL but I could be wrong... The private schools around here like Lake Highland & Trinity are nice too
Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
rich harris

do ur homework seams like ur in the wrong neck of the woods... beside Orl is the ''migrating'' city everybody wants to come here, the good and the bad... the bad want to feed of the good, the good thing is u have the right to bear arms and protect ur property
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Ghost_shift

Looks like, we are thinking on coming back to the treasure coast. Things are much cheaper and life is much simpler. C and I are planning to have a child soon, and I dont want him or her growing up in this city. I left Miami a long time ago for the same reasons.

So in about 2-3 months we will be out of her and back in either PSL, or Stuart.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:22 AM
CaribbeanBlue

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
So in about 2-3 months we will be out of her and back in either PSL, or Stuart.

When that happens I'm not gonna have a buddy for Wine Down Wednesdays anymore!!! But on the other hand.... It will give me an excuse to drive down there & go to some of those meets with you guys
Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
projektZ

Originally Posted by CaribbeanBlue
Woah are you serious? Same thing happened to me last year... robbed at gunpoint. I was so ready to move far, far away... but at that time (and even now) I can't really afford to move out of my current house... Unfortunately it seems that no where is safe anymore.

As far as the public schools go... I went to Winter Park and I have no complaints... Winter Park was the best rated public high school in Orange County... and maybe even FL but I could be wrong... The private schools around here like Lake Highland & Trinity are nice too
Where did that happen? I was near UCF in University House apartments (they changed the name b/c there was such bad crime in there). I still remember the car it was an old 1989 white corolla with purple looking tint.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:48 AM
CaribbeanBlue

He walked up my driveway and into my carport where I was unloading groceries from my car... I live off of Goldenrod between University and 50... he was on foot, no car... he took off running and the cops never found him... i had 3 cop cars, 2 SUV's, 2 undercover cars, and a K-9 unit blocking my neighborhood entrance and a helicopter overhead...

Quick Reply: Sarge's rims almost taken