Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Hawaii Z Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005 | 12:52 AM
fdao

Originally Posted by 808_FairladyZ
I just stumbled upon this thread and there seems to be alot of people on this thread from Hawaii. I haven't seen anyone from the Big Island though. I live here in Hilo, Hi where there is quite a few 350Z around but not a very social bunch. I'd like to post pictures, but haven't been able to figure it out still.
Hey welcome on board! Big Island would be a fantastic place for a Z cruise!

To post pix, use Photobucket.com. After you load up your pix there, copy the [img] address and paste it here. Your pix will show.
Old 10-26-2005 | 02:28 AM
dsmal

Originally Posted by fdao
I guess . I missed those Manoa days. They were fun!
Manoa is fun. They need to ease up on speed bumps tho. I scrape the underside on just about every speed bump on campus, and my car aint that low!
Old 10-26-2005 | 05:33 AM
kalima275Z

I just stumbled upon this thread and there seems to be alot of people on this thread from Hawaii. I haven't seen anyone from the Big Island though. I live here in Hilo, Hi where there is quite a few 350Z around but not a very social bunch. I'd like to post pictures, but haven't been able to figure it out still.
I grew up in Waimea until I was 12, we then moved to Indiana. My parents moved back 8 years ago. My Mother's side of the family live in Hilo and Kona. I went back this summer and saw one DB Z in Kona, that's it.
Old 10-26-2005 | 10:54 AM
fdao

Originally Posted by dsmal
Manoa is fun. They need to ease up on speed bumps tho. I scrape the underside on just about every speed bump on campus, and my car aint that low!
Ricer...Lower than mine J/K.
Old 10-26-2005 | 12:00 PM
jvega

Hey, I am in Cali now. Lived in Hilo for about 5 yrs. Went to UH Hilo and worked at the county. Good to hear Z's are popular in the islands also. I didn't have a Z when I lived there.
Old 10-28-2005 | 07:44 PM
808_FairladyZ

I'll try and post some pic's using some of the advice givin me. Shouldn't be that hard. 350Z siteings here in Hilo are on the rise, but most owners here are in their early 40's and so forth. Most MATURE owners here do nothing to their Z. Most all the other younger guys that i know like to drift and street race and i'm not really into all that stuff. Outlaw drags is pretty much the only place that i see some action. Can't really go drifting anyway seeing that i have a Track Model Z with all the mech. gremlins. My car here in Hilo is pretty much what most people here look at as extreme, which to me is not that bad, but i'm working on a full custom audio install and that is starting to look pretty good. Trying to get ready for a December 10 car show and outlaw racing event. Hope tp see more 350Z making a showing. I wish more awner's would come in to our shop so that i can do more work with Z cars. Anyone in this site from Hilo, stop into Wizard Audio & Video and check me out.
Old 10-28-2005 | 08:21 PM
kalima275Z

I'll try and post some pic's using some of the advice givin me. Shouldn't be that hard. 350Z siteings here in Hilo are on the rise, but most owners here are in their early 40's and so forth. Most MATURE owners here do nothing to their Z. Most all the other younger guys that i know like to drift and street race and i'm not really into all that stuff. Outlaw drags is pretty much the only place that i see some action. Can't really go drifting anyway seeing that i have a Track Model Z with all the mech. gremlins. My car here in Hilo is pretty much what most people here look at as extreme, which to me is not that bad, but i'm working on a full custom audio install and that is starting to look pretty good. Trying to get ready for a December 10 car show and outlaw racing event. Hope tp see more 350Z making a showing. I wish more awner's would come in to our shop so that i can do more work with Z cars. Anyone in this site from Hilo, stop into Wizard Audio & Video and check me out.
I don't live on the Big Island anymore, but I visit all the time. Next time I'm in town, I'll check you out. Have you ever heard of the races that would go on in Waimea? I never went to any, but the roads that go out to my G-pa's ranch has much evidence of street-racing. I don't know if you're into all that but just FYI.
Old 11-20-2005 | 04:26 PM
RBT350Z

did she come with the car?...haha
Old 11-20-2005 | 07:44 PM
TeCKNeiC

Count me in. Got my Z in September. Punish_her I see your Z parked in the same spot as your pic almost everyday. My boy with the Silver Z came and spoke with you about your mods...
Old 11-20-2005 | 10:58 PM
808_FairladyZ

Here's a pic of my ride at work. It's a work in progress but it's getting there.

Old 11-21-2005 | 06:57 AM
punish_her

Originally Posted by TeCKNeiC
Count me in. Got my Z in September. Punish_her I see your Z parked in the same spot as your pic almost everyday. My boy with the Silver Z came and spoke with you about your mods...

Yep when I was taking one of the guys I work with kid to the car wash. He's on the road right now and he like the car wash and my car. He says it's like a giant hotwheels playset.

Yeah your right my Z is parked in the same place every day. Right by the Green Jeep that is there every day. There both mine. When I'm on the road I park them there because some people where I live ar diks about parking and keep having my fukin jeep towed when I'm gone because they want my parking place. See my post F-the Feeler. On the first few pages its there.

Your boy still want to do his clutch/fly wheel? If he needs help let me know I'll make myself available. I got some garage time to make up 650cc injectors, return fuel system, 255 pump, Intake plenum, and soon the TT. Figuring about 4 to 5 days for every thing done right maticulously. Got the boost control and level 5 axels on order for the 1st of December.

Oh if he's still thinking of the SC route. I got the perfect set of headers for him. Alphawerks, never installed. I bought them when I was wanting to go SC the I switched to TT so no use for them.

So yeah its chuggin.

Ps sorry about the quick thread jack, I tend to type what ever I think so yeah...
Old 11-21-2005 | 10:35 AM
redline350ZZ

Punish...where you doing the install at???????
Old 11-21-2005 | 07:31 PM
punish_her

Looking at the Hickam shop. I just know the guys there and know the hours. I have no clue with Pearl. So I'll just take Wed, Thur, and a Fri off so I have 5 days straight to do the install. Date TBD.

Looking at getting a high vol oil pan that already has hole tapped. Probably the Greddy or APS. I don't know if the TT kit comes with one bu I don't like having to tap into 1/8 inch metal, not a good seal. The extra oil wont hurt either.

Any one is more than welcome to stop by.

Redline, Did you get the Turbo exhaust housing thermal cover for your turbo, or just wrapped the manifold? Gotta start buying that stuff since my kit should be comming soon.
Old 11-21-2005 | 09:25 PM
redline350ZZ

I wrapped the manifolds and all the pipes up to the turbo and what I could from the downpipe down......If u buy heat wrap get the spray that goes on it and make sure you wrap it with wire...I used some of the Metalic heat wrap provided with the Turbonetics kit and the glue is slowly burning off cause it had an adhesive backing.....

The T-60 came with a heat shield....

Find some teflon grease..that stuff is awesome..easier to use than the tape....NGK 1 step colder plugs.....
Old 11-21-2005 | 09:26 PM
redline350ZZ

hehe if u go to pearl hobby shop near the Navy exchange I live 1 mile away.....
Old 01-04-2006 | 03:05 PM
GZ350

I would contribute But I have no Z

Compliments to all thought very beautiful

I love the Red Z fdao looking good
Old 01-04-2006 | 07:09 PM
fdao

Originally Posted by GZ350
I would contribute But I have no Z

Compliments to all thought very beautiful

I love the Red Z fdao looking good
Thanks
Old 01-06-2006 | 12:28 AM
636Racer

Hey People..
My name's Chris Billete, I'm a regular on G35Driver. I'm also a part of Race Events Hawaii, a production who're made up of Drift Session, Super Lap Series, and Wheel-2-Wheel at HRP. I've been with them for about 4 years now. I'm also a regular competitor of our SLS competition...perks for being staff.
Here's a couple of pics of me goofing off

It has a full exhaust system - Strup headers, UTR Test pipes, and Tanabe all the way to the can. Motor-Dyne 1/2" spacer and that's pretty much all there is in the power development. On the street I'm using the Kazera KZ-A on RT615 and on the track I will be using FN01R-C 17x10 all around, wrapped in NT01. On the install list is Silk RM/A8 and Progress Tech Swaybars provided by the great guys over at Part Shippers. Dave has been extremely helpful...he'll hook you up how ever he can. I hope to get them all on and corner weighted before the Jan 28 SLS season openner. There's a ton of things I want to do to the car...and sky's the limit. It's not really a project car, more like a money pit to support my hobby. fun

Last edited by 636Racer; 01-06-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2006 | 01:19 PM
showstoppertk

cool. welcome.
Old 01-06-2006 | 09:05 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by 636Racer
There's a ton of things I want to do to the car...and sky's the limit. It's not really a project car, more like a money pit to support my hobby. fun

Dude I second that going on 18K now and counting

Quick Reply: Hawaii Z Thread...