Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

hey, quick q for the locals

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
skip2daZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey, quick q for the locals

hey guys, its getting a lil rainy over here at so cali, so im thinkin of takin a little trip to hawaii...

was wondering which of the islands you guys have to recomend? which one would be more fun for a 20yr old guy?

also would you know of a place/hotel to stay at over there for a good price?

thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Aloha350z

If you've never been here before...Maui is a good place to visit for a guy your age. Maybe one of the Maui ppl on this forum can recommend a place to stay (haven't been there for a long time). Sorry!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 AM
dkmaxitus

well if you're 20, then Maui prabobly isn't the place you want to visit. i think we have the best when it come to real touristy stuff but as far as night life it's pretty much dead unless 21
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM
skip2daZ

Originally Posted by dkmaxitus
well if you're 20, then Maui prabobly isn't the place you want to visit. i think we have the best when it come to real touristy stuff but as far as night life it's pretty much dead unless 21
oh? yea... wheres the night life for 20yr old people at?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Aloha350z

Originally Posted by skip2daZ
oh? yea... wheres the night life for 20yr old people at?
If you're used to So. Cal. night life, you're not going to find anything comparable here in Hawaii, especially if you're under 21.

We've got a lot of outdoor/beach activities here, but mostly during the day time. I see tourist walking the streets of Waikiki at night, but they're probably doing the same in Lahaina.

I guess what it comes down to is...what outdoor activities you like to do, then maybe we can give you ideas on which island would best suit you.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:56 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

under 21 huh? if you're looking for some type of nightlife then Oahu is your only choice. the other island are great if your into the outdoors stuff, but not if your looking to meet people or stay out past 8pm. most hotels are kinda pricey these days, but if your looking for low cost then the Pagoda hotel is cheap and in a good location. but its definately semi-ghetto. as for spots to check out....hmmm. under 21 is def not my forte, but I'd say you could possibly check out pipeline cafe, no bliss, or o-lounge, but I can't say for sure what nights they are 18+.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
skip2daZ

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
under 21 huh? if you're looking for some type of nightlife then Oahu is your only choice. the other island are great if your into the outdoors stuff, but not if your looking to meet people or stay out past 8pm. most hotels are kinda pricey these days, but if your looking for low cost then the Pagoda hotel is cheap and in a good location. but its definately semi-ghetto. as for spots to check out....hmmm. under 21 is def not my forte, but I'd say you could possibly check out pipeline cafe, no bliss, or o-lounge, but I can't say for sure what nights they are 18+.
lol, yea not feelin like staying in semi gheto for a vacation... i can do that in LA.

but thanks for your input guys, i just want to take a trip some where in a few months so trying to figure out my options.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Dream

Ghetto in Hawaii, while ghetto, is still in Hawaii

If you want a nice blend of scenery and city, Maui is the way to go. If you want faster-paced city life with scenery, go to Oahu. If you want scenery with just a touch of city, go to Hawaii. For just scenery, visit Molokai, Lanai, or Kauai.

Maui has a couple clubs and a bunch of bars. There's almost no nightlife for anyone under 21 unless you know a local who can take you around. If you want nightlife that even approaches a Cali scene, go straight to Oahu.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:43 PM
dkmaxitus

Originally Posted by Dream
Ghetto in Hawaii, while ghetto, is still in Hawaii

If you want a nice blend of scenery and city, Maui is the way to go. If you want faster-paced city life with scenery, go to Oahu. If you want scenery with just a touch of city, go to Hawaii. For just scenery, visit Molokai, Lanai, or Kauai.

Maui has a couple clubs and a bunch of bars. There's almost no nightlife for anyone under 21 unless you know a local who can take you around. If you want nightlife that even approaches a Cali scene, go straight to Oahu.
+1
Old 10-23-2005, 07:45 PM
rouxeny

Only place for nightlife would be in Oahu.