Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Hawaii Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:40 AM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's S2000 is it? Carl's? Yeah what you need to do is a line up shot of all these cars for publicity on your website. Especialy the Elise Turbo Good props for the shop to have the site and info on the cars if the owners let you. Multi 600WHP cars comming out arround the same time is some killer rep. Especialy when you get them running with out having major issues or fakining the get stolen like other shops.

Yeah cant wait for the pics.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:11 PM
dkmaxitus

Originally Posted by SonicZ33
Hey DK would the shop on maui happen to be 1320? I know those guys hehe. I think I still hold the record of FIs though. In fact matt called me with questions on their first turbo install. Actually so did vakamon. I'm cool with pretty much all the shops around. The guys at 1320 are good guys though. Kinda hold a monopoly up there though since theres few shops.

Seth
yup that's the shop. Matt, Rob and the rest of the 1320 crew is supa cool. their lead mechanic is my classmate too. Matt always "hooks me up" with installs for dirt cheap or sometimes nothing at all, but then i have to pay retail on the parts which is some $$$$. and its vise versa if i buy super cheap parts online then the install cost would be high. but its all good. you can't run a shop by giving out freebies for nothing. for every part that i bought Matt would buy the same part for his G so that his VQ would be the guiney pig on the install. but after i got his quote for a greddy TT w/ FMIC, bov, and clutch w/ install i was super bumed and kinda leaned towards just buying my own stuff and going else where. he told me that a few guys wanted to install turbonetics and vortechs but with 1320 being a major greddy dealer he kept pushing for the TT. they ended up going somewhere else and getting what they wanted. i'm thinking of doing the samething to look around on install costs for my list since i'm buying ALL online.

or since Matt had to call you for some tips before. maybe i should just ship my car over to Sonics ah

Last edited by dkmaxitus; 07-27-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Juanito350Z

Enjoy the diffy punish_her and god damn you got alot of mods done to that Z, no doubt is going to be badass..but with all that why you even thinking about a 6 puck.. I vote for twin carbon.. and yeah I got a Evo IX MR.. I like it so far but my Z will always remain on top of my heart.. I had to trade as 2 door isn't for me anymore now that I am married.. I see alot of ppls plans. I would tell mine but there no longer relvant.. so to all good luck with that sexy car called 350Z..!!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Anderskorn

Originally Posted by punish_her
Do you actualy have a line on the biometric security system? I've actual been looking for something like that that acts as a ground fault interupt and disables the ground when not active.
I've come accross the biometric IR scanners but no inerface software that will accomplish the tasks. Do you have a lead on a company or a product or is this just speculation.

The steering wheel jobber, Greddy has a button that can be set up to switch between maps.

Anderskorn.... you got the silver Z right? If so we've met before. When you were going out for a drive with the camera and I was taking my friends kid to the carwash. TeCKNeiC's friend, do you know why he got banned?
Sooo nice to run into people on-line you know in real life.... and YEs... it was def me that day at the car wash. I just put a set of headers on the car today. i was by myself because i was too impatient to wait on an entire weekend to do it and i didnt want to bother people to make em help me...... Anyway i spend from noon till the time it closed at 730 working on it..... im ALMOST done just a few more bolts to spin down and put the cats back on and i be done. i'm hopin they let me loose at noon to finish it up maybe give me a long lunch. enough about the headers lol... i'll post more about em after i get em in.
As far as why TeCKNeiC got banned.... to be honest this board is sooo huge and has sooo many posts its taxing to keep up with it i would assume that he got banned for flaming someone a little too hard... idk... maybe check his last few posts to see who's cherios he pissed in

OK to answer the questions about the security system.... Unfortunately its all just a dream for me right now.... i have this picture in my head of how i want my car but no funding to back it up so i havnt actualy done the foot work (or i should say the finger work on the internet) to actualy findout the lowdown on the super security system i have dreamed up.

and in case anyone is wondering.... im just doing very small stuff to the car while its still being payed off.... i have JWT pop charger, skunk2 plenum spacer, and as of tommarow i will have a set of xspower headers. nothing radical like my dreams for the car till its payed off and then some....

some time next year i will replace the clutch&flywheel...... then ill be 95% done with the car till its payed off.

you guys be good and speed safely

i am loading a pic of my car i took this last year Right after we got to the island... it is right infront of chinamanshat.
Attached Thumbnails Hawaii Performance-first-island-pic.jpg  
Old 07-27-2006, 11:25 PM
SonicZ33

Mike, the S2000 isn't carl's, its joey's flat black one. I was gonna take pictures today of both cars but tomorrow the same S2000 is gonna be in a photoshoot for D Sport so I guess I just take some pictures then hehe. The G will probably be in D Sport as well but the shoot probably won't be till August.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:03 AM
punish_her

Mike, the S2000 isn't carl's, its joey's flat black one. I was gonna take pictures today of both cars but tomorrow the same S2000 is gonna be in a photoshoot for D Sport so I guess I just take some pictures then hehe. The G will probably be in D Sport as well but the shoot probably won't be till August.

So um yeah...how can I get my Z in D sport when its said and done? I'll throw some props your way Just kidding, I dont know if they go for sleeper not much body work types. Even though I want the fat *** wheels I wanna try to keep it as mild and preformance driven as possible.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:50 AM
636Racer

Who's G35? Mike Ward?

And Joey - Rivera? f0cker has enough toys.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:45 AM
punish_her

So seth you about getting ready for the build on your Z? Let me know how your tune goes since we have similar setup. Are you gonna run that set-up by greddy in line to help do the auto tune or you going to just run it so you can log the AF's?You gonna run 2 maps for a low boost/ high boost setup or just all out big?

I think I'm going for a low/hi on mine, I can always change it if I dont want it. Looking at going max for the clutch and to get use to that and use that as the low. Then up it to the 630 to 650 ish later when I get the new clutch arround spring, and use that for the HI setting.

Cant wait till my engine gets in, I'm so stoked Im obsessed with it. I was looking at doing the Diffy and half shafts, while the engine is being built. Then with the core refund and a little extra get a fast breaks 6/4 pot BBK. I'll round it out in late spring with a widder rear set of wheels and see where I go from there. Between now and then I got the Du-Luck hood comming in and looking hard at the bumper brace in https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/211366-finally-finished-the-new-intercooler-intake-for-my-pe-tt.html. It will clean up some of the engine bay and help solid mount some of the good. Definately looking at replacing the overflow tank because of the top feed and not the bottom feed.

yadda yadda yadda. Rambeling and obsessed.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
punish_her

So with several new people posting and a rash of engine builds any one want to up date?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:09 PM
redline350ZZ

ROFL Built motor in the mail soon. Car to Sonic 2 morrowz.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 AM
punish_her

+1 for me except fast forward about 2 months and a few other parts.

OK you forgot one key factor in hot swaping bunks man... You have to wait for the other guy to get out before you get in. You couldnt wait for the open stall huh?

Gonna have some kick @ss Z's on the road soon.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:00 AM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
ROFL Built motor in the mail soon. Car to Sonic 2 morrowz.
hey I'll be there tomorrow at 10am. maybe I'll see you or at least your car.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:05 PM
redline350ZZ

My car needs new wheels and a 2 tone paint job so don't expect a lot

And my trunk is gutted for a rool cage soon
Old 12-02-2006, 10:33 PM
redline350ZZ

Turbonetics ST kit
carbonetics(ATS) Twin carbon Clutch
3.917 Gears
Gauges - uh yea some
Kinetix V4 Plenum - gonna swap back to stock and spacer till a better one is released.

-------------------------------------------------

In the mail soon Seth@Sonic will be swapping in soon

Pistons – Arias Extreme Duty 9:1 CR
Rods- Eagle
ARP hardware- Main studs
½” main studs, block machined, installed with use of timeserts
overhaul gaskets- every gasket new from Nissan
Headgaskets: HKS
oil pump- rev up- 18%
Cams- GTM turbo spec cams
Headwork- none
Valves- STOCK
Springs- JWT (with shims)

----------------------------------------------------

Other small things but those are the major go fast parts as of now. Waiting on Turbonetics Stage 2 to be released but I will probably work with Seth to try and get 500WHP out of the stock Turbo

Purchasing CJM return Fuel kit, UTEC and bigger injectors when the car is ready to unload the power

Me and Pun need to start talking to body shops for some hawt Paint werkzz. I think he wanted 2 Tone as well.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:25 PM
punish_her

Yeah I was looking at some thing like the Buggatti has. Or if I was going the Flat route, the A-pillars roof and trunk flat black.