Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Stay away from IHOP waikiki!!! (long read)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
shaggadelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from IHOP waikiki!!! (long read)

Ok well i never ever ate at an IHOP in my life, and my wife always told me how great this place is. So last night my friends and my wife and kids and I went to check out IHOP's in waikiki. We get there at 9:20pm. wait for 10mins to get seated when there was really no one in there. We order about 10min later so this makes it 9:30pm.

Now with no one really in there another couple comes in and orders and gets there food before us at about 9:50pm. We finally get our food at 10:20pm. We were all already pissed off.

Now my friends all get there food. and one one of my friends asked for spam instead of sausage links. tho when she got her food the replaced all her meats with spam instead! she was pissed but dealt with it cause she didn't want to wait that long for them to fix her order. Her husband also asked to sub spam for his bacon. they got that right but there's a catch to that. i'll write about that at the end.

My other friend get his pancakes and the inside isn't cooked.

so my son get his food and theres nothing wrong with it. my other son get his food and its good also. my wife get's her food but not her pancakes. the lady said it will be right out. Now where's my food? OK so about 10mins after that my wife gets her pancakes that are so dry and they rip in half when she picked one up to spread the butter. Still no food for me. this is 10:30pm now.

So now i just eat my 2yr olds food since he don't want it. about 10mins later at 10:40pm the lady realizes she didn't order my food and asked me if she brought it out. i said no and n/m i don't want it already. she said she forgot to tell the chef/manager(same guy) to cook it. tho she asked if i wanted a refill of my drink which was empty for about an hour now. tho she didn't re fill anyone else's except for one of my friends. which there were a total of 7drinks on our table. (and thats all the refills we got the whole night)

my 2yr old dropped his milk onto the floor we took all of our napkins to try to clean it up but when the waiter seen it and walked by us like uhh you clean it. and didn't even bother to get us more napkins or a rag to clean up the milk off the carpet we said **** it let it sink into the carpet!

now were at the bill. we finished eating at 10:45pm and wasked for our bill at that time. didn't get it till 10:53pm

now my friend that got spam instead of bacon they charged him $2.xx for it. he was like why am i getting charged this. she said b/c spam is more expensive. he said well if i would of know that when i ordered it i would of kept the bacon.

So at 11:00pm is when they actually took our money to pay for these ****ty meals. they did not receive a penny from any of us.

That was the worse place i have ever ate at. i mean they ruind the whole hype of IHOP for me.

sorry i had to vent!!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:50 PM
tkrienke

That sucks. Where is the IHOP in Waikiki? I don't remember one being there.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

You're white right, there you go!

Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 PM
shaggadelic

off of lewer street.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:14 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

i love ihop here in cali. the cook wasnt there so the manager had to cook?
dont go back. theres always denys
Old 04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
shaggadelic

Originally Posted by myZter
i love ihop here in cali. the cook wasnt there so the manager had to cook?
dont go back. theres always denys
the cook is the manager also hahahaha
Old 04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
black06z

how ironic. there's a cover story on IHOP on the Dining Out section in today's sunday newspaper. With Owner Sarah Espino and her daughter, and then the 3rd page has pics of the cooks, and one waitress, Merekete Smith. I was looking at the section before reading this thread, and just thought to myself, that this chain of restaurants must suck. I don't think I'll try this place anytime soon, unless Im desperate to eat something, and its the only place open.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
shaggadelic

Originally Posted by black06z
how ironic. there's a cover story on IHOP on the Dining Out section in today's sunday newspaper. With Owner Sarah Espino and her daughter, and then the 3rd page has pics of the cooks, and one waitress, Merekete Smith. I was looking at the section before reading this thread, and just thought to myself, that this chain of restaurants must suck. I don't think I'll try this place anytime soon, unless Im desperate to eat something, and its the only place open.
f**k that there is a 7-11 on the corner i would rather eat there!!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
f**k that there is a 7-11 on the corner i would rather eat there!!
haha. you're right. the cheeseburgers and hotdogs are not bad alternative. Besides, I don't want the cook messing around with food. Who knows what they do to it. Even Denny's. Waitress probably gives them the heads up on a customer they don't like and bye-bye food.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
stein

IHOP isn't a place know for good food or good waiting!

http://www.my3cents.com/companyOverview.cgi?code=377
Old 04-01-2007, 06:03 PM
shaggadelic

Originally Posted by stein
IHOP isn't a place know for good food or good waiting!

http://www.my3cents.com/companyOverview.cgi?code=377
just signed up and posted my review
Old 04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
dsmal

Windward Mall is about the same.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
ws350

Originally Posted by dsmal
Windward Mall is about the same.
Good to know. Last week my friend told me that the lines were still long, so we haven't bothered to try it yet.

I wonder if it will be like Ruby Tuesday at WW Mall. We tried it less than 2 wks. after it opened. The food and service were both bad. A few months later, it was just slightly less bad.

For some reason, when we were in Mililani the other week, our kids really wanted to go to Ruby Tuesday instead of Chili's, so we said OK. Bad choice. Food and service were just as bad as WW Mall.

So why do I always see lots of people eating there?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
will350z

what do you expect, it's IHOP @ 10pm...

Still unfortunate, but none the less, IHOP = 5[-]!77y 53r\/!c3
Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
shaggadelic

i left a complaint for IHOP and this is the reply I got back
Originally Posted by IHOP
Dear Mr. Dominici:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us concerning your experience at the IHOP in Honolulu. While it is always disappointing to learn that we have not lived up to our guest's expectations, it is invaluable to receive feedback so that we are able to continually improve our level of guest satisfaction.

We are sorry to learn of the difficulties you encountered at this location. Please be assured that the matter will be shared with the proper individuals to address your concerns.

I have forwarded your concerns to IHOP's Franchise Business Consultant for the West region. They will contact the franchise owner regarding your recent dining experience in this restaurant. We are confident that the franchise owner or his representative will contact you shortly to better understand your concerns. It is our hope that you will once again allow us to earn your patronage.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Sincerely,

James ******
Guest Services Representative
IHOP Restaurant Support Center
Old 04-03-2007, 11:29 PM
chriskabobbers

i hate IHOP, they really DO have extremely bad service. this new waiter brought my ice tea and the rest of my friends drinks to our table and he was trying to balance the tray on his hands, and i guess he forgot that my ice tea was on the edge ... and so when he got everyones drinks and put it on the table, the tray tipped over and spilled all over my suit before i got to my interview ... wow he was like let me get you some napkins ... he came back like half an hour later and was like "i'm so sorry i had to wait another table, are you dry yet?"
Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Sorry to say man but it's IHOP. That should explain it right there. Your wife must be easy to please if she likes IHOP.