Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Hotel Hana-Maui?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
apharmdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotel Hana-Maui?

Anyone local know anything about this resort? Thinking of going to Maui for a couple of weeks around X-mas and this place came up as looking very relaxing and something different then a full blown crowded resort / hotel. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apharmdb
Anyone local know anything about this resort? Thinking of going to Maui for a couple of weeks around X-mas and this place came up as looking very relaxing and something different then a full blown crowded resort / hotel. Any info is greatly appreciated.
It is my experince after visiting Maui many times that staying in Hana will cut you off from the other sides of the island. Many people will fly and stay in Hana and make a vacation out of the West side of the island if Hana is your only destination. The reason being is that it takes about 4 1/2 hrs (From Hana Hwy 360) to get from OGG (Main Airport on Maui near the the volcano of Haleakala) to Hana from the north and even longer from the south because you have to swing all the way down past Wailea. If you are wanting to experience more of the island I would suggest you try South Kihei, Wailea, or Lahaina. I would fly in to OGG. Stay at one of the areas ^ so that you can be more equal distant from the other places. You can spend an entire day exploring Hana and the Seven pools.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:13 AM
andyisphat2004

Have you been to hawaii before? When i went to maui i stayed in kihei, which was not very crowded but had a little bit of a night life. We stayed at the maui prince, it was pretty nice. I felt like everything that we did on maui, coudl be done on oahu for the most part. If you are looking for something secluded, go to kauai or the big island.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're planning to be here during x-mas it will be a busy time. Hotel Hana Maui probably is a little quieter than your normal resort like you said if you dont mind the drive to get there. Otherwise I would check out the Four Seasons in Wailea. You would probably be more comfortable there vs. any other resorts on the island IMO if you're looking for something like the Hotel Hana Maui.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:17 PM
apharmdb

Thanks for the input folks. Never been to Maui but spent lots of time on Kauai usually at Princeville and Oahu out at the Mandarin Oriental before they were bought out. Definitely looking for something a bit on the quieter side since it is X-mas.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Dream

Hana's real quiet if you want to just hang out and not do the normal touristy things like luaus, etc. There are beaches and freshwater pools, hiking, etc. Hana is a 1 road, 1 town kind of place. It's even more quiet than Kauai.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:55 AM
dkmaxitus

or...
you could just buy a week at the beautiful marriotts maui ocean club and valet ur car then just rent a house in hana for a night that way you can enjoy hana at your own leisure and not worry about heading back the same day and still do the regular stuff that maui has to offer. oh and please valet your car. not that i work in valet or anything. valet.