Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

May 30-June 1st VEGAS Hotel options

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 10:07 AM
nwind21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question May 30-June 1st VEGAS Hotel options

Ok... post here. Please... keep it on the thread topic.

We already got Bullish at Bellagio... and BFly might go Luxor...

I really think it would suck to have 3-4 different groups spread out across vegas so let's get a move on it!

I'm down with any hotel on the strip. I have no preference as long as the group sticks together.

As Iris pointed out we got:

OPT 1 Alexis Park (off the strip) pricing?
OPT 2 Excalibur (onthe strip) pricing?
OPT 3 Luxor (on the strip) pricing?
OPT 4 Bellagio (on the strip) pricing? (hehe to keep bullish company. )

I think it would easier to
1) Decide the hotel
2) Decide the roommates for each room.
3) Then have each room handle their own booking.

Last edited by nwind21; 05-08-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:13 AM
BullishZ

You know... my date hasn't confirmed yet. If she declines, then I'll go there with 1 buddy of mine. That means 2 people would be welcome to my hotel room to share it with me... BUT, that's only if my date doesn't end up going. I really want to stay with the group and don't mean to be a loner...

I'm just a light sleeper (can't stand snoring, except my own ) and I don't think my date would like to share rooms with people she doesn't know. I have no problem with that... but cramming a room in true college style is NOT something that I want to do...

You guys are MORE than welcome to come and hang out in my room. I should have a good view of the lake and water show from the room.

Plus, you guys must keep me in the loop! I will give out my cell # too all you guys before the trip, and you better call me for the festivities!!! Or else~
Old 05-08-2003, 11:27 AM
iris

1) Alexis Park and suites sounds good to me. I also like Excalibur b/c it has a Coldstone Creamery and I believe Krispy Kreme. But I just want people to make a decision, so whatever is cool.

2) Roommates: 1. B-Fly. (Steph, are you bring a friend?) 2. B-Fly's friend. 3. Me. 4. Mike? (if B-Fly is ok with it. We will not do anything nasty. If she is not, Mike can sleep in a guys' room).

B-Fly is this your understanding?
Old 05-08-2003, 11:43 AM
iris

Default ALSO

In my opinion, the Luxor is dead (sorry Butterfly).

Also, being off the strip doesn't matter b/c we are going to be cabbing everywhere (like clubs and strip clubs) anyway.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:50 AM
noel48

I've been to Vegas several times and I recommend staying on the strip.Off strip areas are rather dumpy.IMO best hotels are :
Bellagio
Venetian
MGM Grand
Treasure Island/Mirage
New York New York
Caesars
Don't go to Circus Circus,cheap but dirty and noisy.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Mr B

I still vote Alexis Park and it doesn't matter to me if we're off the strip or not... as long as we're not too far away. At this time of the year, it'll be around 90 degrees... AT NIGHT. I'm not walking anywhere. I like the idea of having something pretty big and with 2.5 bathrooms.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:01 PM
BullishZ

Well, since I am staying ON the strip... if you guys are off the strip, we can make Bellagio the meeting place. From there, we can all take a cab, etc.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Mr B

Originally posted by noel48
I've been to Vegas several times and I recommend staying on the strip.Off strip areas are rather dumpy.IMO best hotels are :
Bellagio
Venetian
MGM Grand
Treasure Island/Mirage
New York New York
Caesars
Don't go to Circus Circus,cheap but dirty and noisy.
You picked most of the good ones.
But Alexis Park is not a dumpy hotel. It's got a 4 star rating that I don't think New York New York even gets. Plus it's a suite for the price of what some of those hotesl are offering for just a regular room.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:48 PM
iris

Alexis it is.

and, while more "nice" hotels are on the strip, several fine ones are not, like the hard rock, rio, hilton. And isn't the Palms not on the strip either?
Old 05-08-2003, 12:52 PM
nwind21

Originally posted by Mr B
At this time of the year, it'll be around 90 degrees... AT NIGHT. I'm not walking anywhere. I like the idea of having something pretty big and with 2.5 bathrooms.
Not to be a smarty pants... historical weather trends for May are ~90 degrees highs/ 59 degree lows.

Since I don't think we have a list of prices... here are some. This is for 2 adults. Hotels charge a ridiculous $25 a head after 2 occupants. I'm guessing we'll need to "sneak" the rest in.

Prices w/o discounts
MGM Grand = $580 - 820
Bellagio = $360 - 410
Luxor = ~$344
Paris = No vacancy
Ballys = ~340
Venetian = too expensive ( > $1,000 for a two beds )
Caesers = No vacancy
T. Island = $300-320
Mirage = $260-310

Ok... that's enough hotels for now. If anyone is bored, please look up others like New York, Aladdin, etc.

Oh yeah... if everyone is down for Alexis Park that's cool. We will have cars so there's no need to pay for taxi service?

If needed I'll be one of the designated DD's for all you lushes. I can't handle too much liquor before I turn red as a turnip anyways. It's embarassing cause people think I'm about to die.

Last edited by nwind21; 05-08-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:00 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by iris
hilton. And isn't the Palms not on the strip either?
Hilton and the Palms are dumps!!! They are on par with Stratosphere, which is only 3 star rated.

That is equivalent to Holiday Inn...
Old 05-08-2003, 01:02 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by nwind21
Not to be a smarty pants... historical weather trends for May are ~90 degrees highs/ 59 degree lows.

Since I don't think we have a list of prices... here are some. This is for 2 adults. Hotels charge a ridiculous $25 a head after 2 occupants. I'm guessing we'll need to "sneak" the rest in.

Prices w/o discounts
MGM Grand = $580 - 820
Bellagio = $360 - 410
Luxor = ~$344
Paris = No vacancy
Ballys = ~340
Venetian = too expensive ( > $1,000 for a two beds )
Caesers = No vacancy
T. Island = $300-320
Mirage = $260-310

Ok... that's enough hotels for now. If anyone is bored, please look up others like New York, Aladdin, etc.

Oh yeah... if everyone is down for Alexis Park that's cool. We will have cars so there's no need to pay for taxi service?

If needed I'll be one of the designated DD's for all you lushes. I can't handle too much liquor before I turn red as a turnip anyways. It's embarassing cause people think I'm about to die.
For those prices.... I'd say EVERYONE BOOK at Bellagio!!! The extra $50 bucks is WELL WORTH IT.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:17 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see myself, Brian and Iris agreeing with Alexis. Nwind21 is indifferent. Aloha, John350z are staying at locations unknown. And Bullish is comped at Bellagio. Stephie, the Luxor sucks. If I missed anyone, chime in.

Unless someone objects to Alexis, and personally calls me, I'm doing a Professor Utonium and am asking Brian to book us for Alexis tomorrow.

Thank you Brian.

Now, I really have to get back to work.

Dan
Old 05-08-2003, 01:20 PM
bobowah

if I decide to go.. I would like to stay at the alexis..

Also it's across the street from the hard rock so we can make John's eyes pop out at the high rollers table... with the Penthouse Pet and Playboy bunnies when iris asks them back to her room
Old 05-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Mr B

Maybe at the beginning of May is it at those temps, but we're going at the end of May. The last 8 years, I've been going to the JCK convention and it's always around the end of May and early June. Each time, I remember the weather being extremely hot (100+ usually) during the day and not much better at night. Maybe it's around low 80s at night, but that's still hot.

And tomorrow, I will probably book the room at Alexis for me, Dan, Iris and her hubby. Anyone else is willing to room with us if you'd like.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Butterfly20

I know the Luxor sucks, but all we're gonna do is sleep there. I don't care where we stay, it was just a suggestion. Anyway, Iris I am bringing a friend, and I don't mind if hubby stays in the same room. If we can't decide soon, I'm just gonna stay at the Luxor and meet up with all y'all whenever we do something.

Again, it doesn't matter to me, let's just decide already!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:54 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I can't confirm yet if I can make it or not -- but wanted to add a suggestion in here.

Palms may be a dump compared to the others, but its generally more of a young crowd. It's actually hard to find rooms there due to the fact that they have one of the best nightclubs (Rain) and (GhostBar), and I happen to have some hookups there. Just a note to keep in mind.

Rum Jungle at mandalay is also off the hook fo' sheezie.

Keep in mind off strip clubs will cost up to $15-25 taxi travel each way -- not a big deal tho unless you're one of those ppl that needs to go back and 'freshen up' often. Personally, in vegas, I can party for at least 48 hours without a single need or rest (and thats without drugs!)

I'll know soon whats up. I may be going the weekend before (memorial weekend), so I gotta analyse my party-o-meter and see if I'll have enough HP left over for two weekends in a row.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Butterfly20

Originally posted by Mr B
Maybe at the beginning of May is it at those temps, but we're going at the end of May. The last 8 years, I've been going to the JCK convention and it's always around the end of May and early June. Each time, I remember the weather being extremely hot (100+ usually) during the day and not much better at night. Maybe it's around low 80s at night, but that's still hot.

And tomorrow, I will probably book the room at Alexis for me, Dan, Iris and her hubby. Anyone else is willing to room with us if you'd like.
Hey, don't forget me!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Mr B

Didn't know if you were going to the Luxor or not. You're definitely invited and if Iris and Mike get "nasty", you can find me on the couch.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:12 PM
nwind21

Ok it looks like we got a majority going for Alexis at the moment. I still think convinience wise, the strip might be better for all our activities... but sticking together is more important to me cause the coordination will be a nightmare otherwise.

Mr. B, who will you be getting a room for? All I know so far is that you got:
1. Iris
2. Mike
3. You
4. BFly.
5. BFly's friend.

I got:
1. Import
2. John (if he goes)
3. Aloha
4. Myself

BullishZ got:
1. himself
2. his girl

Unaccounted for but going are:
1. HFM
2. Bobo
3. Bob Barker

Tentative are:
1. Zxsaint
2. Z4KR
3. Kaiser23 ( last minute guy )
4. dczoner ( I think we've failed to convince him... )

Can we get those unaccounted for under someone please? We don't have many tentatives so they can squeeze wherever we got room.

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited by nwind21; 05-08-2003 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: May 30-June 1st VEGAS Hotel options