Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Car Got Egged Again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:23 AM
dj.kickz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keioffice350z
How difficult is it to steal a Z? the 32's were pretty hard to ****** from what I understood.

I'd let the cops know. I know, I know, they prolly won't do anything about it. But starting a paper trail protects you, in the event that something worse happens, like your cousin catching them on your property again and doing something about it because the cops won't.
unless they have the key they arent going to drive away with it. its not something you can start thanks to the NATS system.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 PM
HFD350zFREAK

Default a

Originally Posted by SHT35T
Thats pretty messed up, you should get a bunch of your own pit bulls to protect your stuff. But really though, I saw some motion activated security cameras with a DVR at Sam's club. I think they come in a set of 4 cameras and you could mount um in your garage and what not. You could set it up with some motion detector lights if they come at night too.
LOL, that's funny about the pit bulls, cuz we were actually saying the same thing. We have one motion sensor light, but unfortunately, it's by the front door kind of close to the garage, and it doesn't light up my teg, and Z. But I think i'm gonna go look for some security cameras this weekend, and i'll go check out sams to see what they got.

Thanks bro...
Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 AM
sukebe

If they have a cpu and a key that goes with it, they can swap and drive away. It's really unlikely, but possible. Disable your unlock-window roll down function too.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by SHT35T
Thats pretty messed up, you should get a bunch of your own pit bulls to protect your stuff. But really though, I saw some motion activated security cameras with a DVR at Sam's club. I think they come in a set of 4 cameras and you could mount um in your garage and what not. You could set it up with some motion detector lights if they come at night too.
How about an M249 SAW with a motion detector? That ought to keep the shoo shoo birds away from your ride. Just don't forget to turn that motherfcuker off before you head out to your garage though.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:33 AM
punish_her

Originally Posted by sukebe
If they have a cpu and a key that goes with it, they can swap and drive away. It's really unlikely, but possible. Disable your unlock-window roll down function too.

MYTH!

There is a lot more to it than that. The NATS antena for the NVIS has a specific serial that is regestered to the ECU via the BCM Module. So in theory you would have to change the ECU, NATS antena, and the BCM to be able to start the car. But that would meen they would need the key that is mated to the ECU they are going to implant.

Most Nissans are fairly safe when it comes to thefts of this nature. They are more apt to just get a flat bed tow truck and haul that **** away. Low tech yet effective.