Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

FS: Helix Test Pipes NEW

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 AM
dj.kickz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also converting our car to a single exhaust has been done and doesn't hurt the power output as the stock exhaust runs a single pipe back.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 AM
ZZZRated

yeah bro, i understand the concept of true dual. i normally work on muscle cars. i just dont understand why AJ thinks its strange that i got a dual exhaust. i was saying that the only other exhaust that i seen and heard it has more power is a single exhaust. sont understand that. but to be honest i build muscle cars and this is my first import. i do not understand why someone with a v6 weather import or american would choose anything other than true duals. if its not TD than why even get an after maket exhaust, unless its just for the noise. but its possible that im wrong and maybe their power reason for some of the other exhaust set ups.

Thanksfor clearing up the NA thing for me too

Are we still doing another photoshoot this weekend?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 AM
dj.kickz

I think I have to pass on this weekend. Need to take my parents to the airport. You guys should definitely do it anyway though.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's nothing wrong with RMS, they did a sick job on Jeff's and Justin's (aka: Tiffs) exhaust and actually got power gains from it.

I don't think your exhaust is strange, however lets clear some things up as I think you're confused on your new setup. Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong...

Your original post stated that you had a True Dual exhaust w/X-pipe (2-1-2)....this is not considered True Dual (which confused me). A True dual exhaust system are 2 pipes from the cats to mufflers (2-2-2), no connections toward one another. Although an X-pipe has less bends then an H pipe, its better if your planning on going boosted. Test pipes would give you more gains, but its hella loud!

Unfortunately our car does not produce enough back pressure to run true duals and produce little if not any power gains...both in HP and Torque I would assume that your previous muscle cars had larger engines maybe even a V6 allowing you to run a true dual setup but again, its been proven to lose power on a N/A Z.

Looking forward to hearing your exhaust man, glad you happy with it!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 PM
ZZZRated

Originally Posted by 67ZNISMO
There's nothing wrong with RMS, they did a sick job on Jeff's and Justin's (aka: Tiffs) exhaust and actually got power gains from it.

I don't think your exhaust is strange, however lets clear some things up as I think you're confused on your new setup. Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong...

Your original post stated that you had a True Dual exhaust w/X-pipe (2-1-2)....this is not considered True Dual (which confused me). A True dual exhaust system are 2 pipes from the cats to mufflers (2-2-2), no connections toward one another. Although an X-pipe has less bends then an H pipe, its better if your planning on going boosted. Test pipes would give you more gains, but its hella loud!

Unfortunately our car does not produce enough back pressure to run true duals and produce little if not any power gains...both in HP and Torque I would assume that your previous muscle cars had larger engines maybe even a V6 allowing you to run a true dual setup but again, its been proven to lose power on a N/A Z.

Looking forward to hearing your exhaust man, glad you happy with it!
Thats right, but with an x pipe its still a true dual exhaust, it never really gose back to one pipe. its just an intersection of the pipes to create some back pressue. a 2-1-2 would use a y-pipe into a muffler than back out to two tail pipes. witch comes stock on a 350z. with an x pipe you still run two pipes all the way back. but no its not a complete exhaust as i do not have headers on the car yet. The saying true duals means you have two pipe all the way and not just two tail pipes.

AnyWho, when is the next gathering.

Later Bro
Tony
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
dj.kickz

AJ, all true duals for our car that i have researched so far (greddy Evo 2, borla for example) which i will admit isn't the majority, come with an x-pipe or a h-pipe to balanced the pressure. Even when F/I I don't think you want to run duals without a cross pipe to balance the pressure as you want a consistent amount of back pressure acting on all 6 cylinders (especially in a F/I situation).