Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Casting Call: Import Culture Lifestyle - Looking for a club for a photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 PM
ArchangelX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Casting Call: Import Culture Lifestyle - Looking for a club for a photoshoot

Hey Import Culture,

I've got someone looking for you and there's a deadline involved. We've got reps looking for clubs and or groups dedicated to the Import Car & Culture scene to be included in the annual Hansghrohe Calendar.

Each year the Hansgrohe calendar has a different theme, this year the theme is “clubs/groups” of people. The Calendar is distributed worldwide, and has become highly sought after by collectors.

Hansgrohe has selected Swiss-based photographer Hanspeter Schneider for completion of the photo shoot. Mr. Scheider’s has published several books, and his work is featured in Vogue, GQ, Elle, Allure and other magazines worldwide. His vision is to shoot the calendar in Hawaii, and FX Group has been selected to produce this project.

We're looking for clubs with skill and style that knows and lives the import culture and would like to participate. If you're in a club, the reps need to scout you and your team by middle of next week for our submission/ clients review. If you have a club shirt and a specific meeting place that would be ideal.

If you're chosen, you'd be involved in a 2-3 hour shoot one day between June 22 - 26, 2010. There would be a generous monetary donation made to the group as well. So if you're interested, and have got the hella flush, drift & import culture knocking down your door, then give me a yell so I can put you and your club in contact with these guys.

If you're not into Import Culture but know someone who might, please pass this on! This could be a great opportunity to get some face time in the spotlight!

Michael J. Kitchens
Volunteer Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council
www.buildthetrack.com
chairman@buildthetrack.com
CP: 808-782-7432
Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
SILKZ03

Wow...looks like time for Oahu Z to represent!! what you gonna do? Since you talk that talk, time to walk that walk...represent!! Dam! wish I could be here...fk everything is happin after I leave.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 05-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 AM
808_enthusiastZ

aight guys its time to show up......lets see who's interested
Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, who is down for this? I need to know and make sure we have a following before we commit.

Last edited by 67ZNISMO; 05-22-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:42 PM
dmroberson

I'm down, although I'm not officially OahuZ, yet...
Old 05-22-2010, 05:08 PM
puertorican

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested. I saw this post on g35driver forum and I already shot him a pm showing interest. I know I didn't ask the pres or vp of Oahu z or anybody for that matter, but I felt like this is a good opportunity to show up or shut up. I feel this will be a good opportunity to rep Oahu Z the way we all intended for it to be. If your Oahu Z, think you are, or want to be, you should show interest in this event.
The pm I received from the g35driver forum, stated we need to present a portfolio of our club. Summary about our club, photos of the rides, etc.
Again not trying to over ride anybody or anything like that, Just saw this as a good opportunity and did not want to pass it up.
Joe, sucks that you won't be here for this bra, because I can guarantee you would have been there reppin like always....

Last edited by puertorican; 05-22-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:14 AM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by puertorican
I'm interested. I saw this post on g35driver forum and I already shot him a pm showing interest. I know I didn't ask the pres or vp of Oahu z or anybody for that matter, but I felt like this is a good opportunity to show up or shut up. I feel this will be a good opportunity to rep Oahu Z the way we all intended for it to be. If your Oahu Z, think you are, or want to be, you should show interest in this event.
The pm I received from the g35driver forum, stated we need to present a portfolio of our club. Summary about our club, photos of the rides, etc.
Again not trying to over ride anybody or anything like that, Just saw this as a good opportunity and did not want to pass it up.
Joe, sucks that you won't be here for this bra, because I can guarantee you would have been there reppin like always....
Jorge, I know right, seems everything is happening after I leave....oh well. Guess you gotta pic up where I left off bro. Rep since I can't. You one of the original Oahu Z OGs. Oh, well, theres a big show in SA on the 26th maybe I can make it. Anyways, this is good opportunity for Oahu Z to get on the Map but with that said... beware all of the sudden you got 30 Zs coming out for this event, claiming to be apart of the club, then next Thurs only 6 show up at a meet. Case in point, Oahu Z coming out event cruise to Cholos, we had Zs everywhere, 25, 30? maybe? never saw them again. Good luck guys....Rep Hard!

Last edited by SILKZ03; 05-23-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:02 AM
808_enthusiastZ

Originally Posted by SILKZ03
Jorge, I know right, seems everything is happening after I leave....oh well. Guess you gotta pic up where I left off bro. Rep since I can't. You one of the original Oahu Z OGs. Oh, well, theres a big show in SA on the 26th maybe I can make it. Anyways, this is good opportunity for Oahu Z to get on the Map but with that said... beware all of the sudden you got 30 Zs coming out for this event, claiming to be apart of the club, then next Thurs only 6 show up at a meet. Case in point, Oahu Z coming out event cruise to Cholos, we had Zs everywhere, 25, 30? maybe? never saw them again. Good luck guys....Rep Hard!
nicely said joe....

aight oahu Z who is down for this????? for all i know jorge is down.....as for myself, i'm not sure cuz my car will be in the booth by that date getting repainted again......i know i just came out with a new paint job....but this paint job is goin to the the august show....
Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

down
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Shall_we_race?

It's time to get serious... I'm down
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 AM
sradenton

Im Down
Old 05-23-2010, 12:22 PM
THE-G35

i'd like to come cuz the G guys are dead. but only if you guys toss me an invite. i wouldn't want to go if i wasn't wanted by the group.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sry, can't make this one, cars gna be in storage and i'ma be eating dust
Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 PM
SILKZ03

Damit!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM
puertorican

Originally Posted by SILKZ03
Damit!!

Lol don't sweat it Joe. You will be in Texas where events and tracks are always available....

Well I posted what was needed....I don't know who wants to take charge and gets this portfolio up and running and finalize/submit everything....
I know pictures are needed so for those of you guys who always take pics at our meets (Andrew, Mike, AJ, etc.), if willing, post those pics up. Also, if you guys want, post pics up of your rides. By doing this, whoever decides to put this together can have the pictures of events and everyones Z's, available 24/7
Old 05-24-2010, 04:18 PM
puertorican

I will start.....

[IMG]

Last edited by puertorican; 05-25-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
67ZNISMO

I meant to add that I emailed the chairperson for this project. Awaiting his reply.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
ArchangelX

Hey guys,

I actually sent him a few photos I had from the last event I ran that you guys attended we had when Puertorican PM'd me last time. We needed the info by the middle of this week. I'll let you guys know if you're picked. I know you guys, love your cars, and your club, so here's some good luck your way.

Mahalo!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
ArchangelX

By the way, I have no idea why, but this place isn't emailing me any notifications when new posts are created even though I've subscribed to the thread.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

hopefully we get it...

not too sure what other club is doing it as big as we are with out their cars falling apart...

plus we own our cars no shop fraud/sponsorship boosting as far as I know...

Quick Reply: Casting Call: Import Culture Lifestyle - Looking for a club for a photoshoot