Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

O'ahu Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
stellarhavoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O'ahu Dealerships

Aloha. I moved to Honolulu last summer w/ my 2006 350Z (Base), though am away for business until March 2011.

Can you please provide input as to which Nissan Dealership on O'ahu (New City, King Windward, or Tony) has the "best" Service Department? As you may know, some 2005/2006 MT's have Engine Oil Consumption issues, (TSB NTB07-088) and I'd like to take her in for testing and possible engine replacement.

Thank you, and I hope to meet you sometime this spring!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome brah.

King Windward hands down. I can vouch for those guys...and a bunch of local guys got their car from them, including myself. Talk to Jason and tell them AJ referred you.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My last car I bought from King Windward. I've bought a car from Tony Honda back in the day. Never dealt with New City.

This being said, I've heard some bad stuff about New City, but there are people who think they are OK. Personally I'd stay away from New City and deal with King Windward or Tony Group.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 PM
stellarhavoc

Thanks for the inputs thus far.

To be more specific: Has anyone on Oahu had their 2005/2006 MTs' longblock or shortblock replaced under warranty? If so, please share your experience on this thread.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 AM
rd808

im on my 3rd engine. first time i brought it they changed the shortblock. ran it for maybe 4000 check and i was short maybe a quart and a half. so i took it back again, they gave me a rental(thanks) 6 days later new "longblock". now im 6000 in did my first oil change round 3500 was short again maybe a quart. idk maybe wen braking the new block in? i doubt it. engine sounds like ish. tap tap tap. and hows this they permatexd my **** back together. ud think bein the dealer theyd use thr
real gasket. i went to new city. and if its low again imma take
it back. idk wth. they had said they made a counterpart for the old
shortblocks that kept f*ggin up and thats what they put in mines. idk what i should do now??
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
stellarhavoc

Yah, I just wanted to make sure that I'll be visiting the
"best" Nissan Service Department on O'ahu. The car's actually been tested before for OilConsumption back in California by its previous owner, I just wanted to make sure.. b/c the warranty is going out this summer. Only 2 more months until I return to HI. Time is "tight" to clock a couple thousand miles.

Thanks all!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 AM
stellarhavoc

Aloha. So I made it back to Hawai'i this wkend; it's great to be back! I'll drop by King Windward this week thx to your suggestions. Hopefully this oil-consumption issue doesn't apply to the Z; we'll find out in a few thousand miles!

On another note-- who's the best tint/ 3M clear-bra shop on O'ahu?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by stellarhavoc
Aloha. So I made it back to Hawai'i this wkend; it's great to be back! I'll drop by King Windward this week thx to your suggestions. Hopefully this oil-consumption issue doesn't apply to the Z; we'll find out in a few thousand miles!

Welcome back bro. Hopefully you don't go through the bullshi* I went through with oil consumption... I'm on my 3rd engine and so far, this 1 is doing well.

Anyway, I got my tint done on Hickam AFB. And the clear bra that was on my Z, I did myself. I know Jst4kix can do the clear bra... not sure what shop to recommend for tint though.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 AM
pr-g35driver

Als tinting right across from Anna millers. If u want u can look at my windows. He cut it so close to the edge it doesn't look like added tint and its ceramic. Most tint shops use that computerized cutter that doesn't get it as close
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 PM
67ZNISMO

PM sent
You really have two choices if you want a good job done. Per PR's suggestion....Al's tinting and TnT tinting. Word of advice...stick to the legal limit. I think it's $287 per window if you're caught.

http://www.fittedhawaii.com/hanahou/...inc/#more-3621

http://www.tnttinting.com/
Old 03-23-2011, 05:16 PM
stellarhavoc

Oil-Consumption test initiated @ Windward-- 100 miles clocked, and 900 to go.

Oh yah, and I recently had my windows tinted at T&T in Ala Moana: there are a few bubbles that should either settle or I'll have them do a double-take.

THANKS again for the referrals-- it's great to be back on O'ahu w/ the Z33!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^Had my tint done at the T&T by the Airport, the manager is a douchebag, an idiot, or a lying bastage. I'm thinking it's all 3.