Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 AM
pr-g35driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread will be very useful. hope new paint job seekers will make use of this. also andrews(definitionxmk) z bumper should be done tomorrow or on monday so Ill try to get pics of it
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is he getting it painted?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 PM
pr-g35driver

Aiea collision boss . also cod killer come out to the meet tonight to check Andrews bumper. it's finished
Old 04-23-2011, 01:56 AM
codkill3r808

Originally Posted by pr-g35driver
Aiea collision boss . also cod killer come out to the meet tonight to check Andrews bumper. it's finished
Sorry, missed this post. I def. want to see it. What kind of bumper is it?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:58 AM
67ZNISMO

^nismo V2. Looks flawless....
Old 04-23-2011, 04:49 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Very clean and super quick turn around actually...same day! Balling will like to see it in the sun but other than that looks great!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 PM
_STEVEO_01

Im not trying to sound crude, nor am I implying that I know more than any one of you here but I can definitely offer you some good advice on this particular subject with my MANY experiences with shops there on Oahu. I have been twisted and screwed one too many times, unfortunately for you guys, there are not a whole lot of options for you because of your location (but hey, Im not telling you something that you don't already know). Fact is Im tired and could write a book on this post regarding some of the ***** you have over on the rock, so if you want some good info, hit me up with a pm and I will be happy to talk to you over the phone and share my experiences, as well as some legitimate recommendations.

$700 for a front bumper is foking ridiculous, let me save you some hard earned money, time and most importantly your sanity so you can sleep at night knowing your baby is in the right hands... Hope everything works out for you OP... Keep the VQ running hard.

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 04-29-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 PM
codkill3r808

Hey Definition - any pics?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:22 PM
pr-g35driver

since Andrew is too lazy to post.

prep work shows that no replica bumper is perfect. figment was pretty spot on though and this bumper is from shine.

also a couple things Scott decided to do for Andrew at no extra cost was fill where the Nissan emblem usually goes and he made a bracket to sturdy up the bumper since Andrew had no underpanel

Old 04-26-2011, 03:37 PM
puertorican

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had all my work done by GX and as you can see it turned out great. Had the entire car, rims, head lights, interior panels, bbk, engine bay painted and the worked turned out amazing. Again this is my experience. I see all the negative, I figured I post up something positive Again not saying the negative stuff didn't happen, but to me everything went beyond my expectation.
Pros: worked turned out great, recleared all my CF, installed all my new parts including BBK without extra cost, and gave suggestion which helped push my build into the right direction.
Cons: He is very busy and gets lots of work so I had to be very patient, but I know of other cars at other shops that have taken waaaaaaay longer, and on my rims I don't know if there is enough clear coat because it seems to chip easily, although he did retouch them for me for free....I think I am gonna have the barrels powdercoated anyways.

Here is my build thread if interested
https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...seca-blue.html
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 AM
definitionxmk

Ah Melo, I just got my internet back today! Plus haven't had any real time to take photos =P

Anyways, I'll take some this weekend but here is one from my website:

Again, I'll take more shots of it this weekend. I want to fix my stance and get an alignment (plus clean my car) before I take some quality shots. But yeah, Aiea Collision is the spot for me. If you become a regular, I'm sure he'll hook you up...

Oh and I watched how they paint matched it. Not only did they get the paint code, but they busted out a chart with paint samples that outlined different shades of my silverstone. Years under the sun can discolor the car and fade the paint a bit so matching it dead on is the key. Not just "paint code" and go like most shops. He is well known for his prep work and fitment as well.

*Note: Both cars in my photo have been painted there.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:44 AM
definitionxmk

+oh and I'll make a video too if you guys like =P
Old 04-27-2011, 04:54 AM
codkill3r808

Hey definition - are u fatlace affiliated? Also, went to ur website for a quick look... I'll take a free sticker
Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 AM
codkill3r808

Thanks for posting pics for everyone who did. Pictures speak more than words. All cars look sick!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
definitionxmk

^come find me at one of the meetups and I'll see what I can do
Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 AM
codkill3r808

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
Im not trying to sound crude, nor am I implying that I know more than any one of you here but I can definitely offer you some good advice on this particular subject with my MANY experiences with shops there on Oahu. I have been twisted and screwed one too many times, unfortunately for you guys, there are not a whole lot of options for you because of your location (but hey, Im not telling you something that you don't already know). Fact is Im tired and could write a book on this post regarding some of the ***** you have over on the rock, so if you want some good info, hit me up with a pm and I will be happy to talk to you over the phone and share my experiences, as well as some legitimate recommendations.

$700 for a front bumper is foking ridiculous, let me save you some hard earned money, time and most importantly your sanity so you can sleep at night knowing your baby is in the right hands... Hope everything works out for you OP... Keep the VQ running hard.
PM'd a while ago and no response. Does anyone know where this guy went for his paint or has anyone gotten a PM from him?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:21 AM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^i believe gx auto
Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
67ZNISMO

Originally Posted by nismofreak1208
^i believe gx auto
.....indeed
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
gxauto

ok normally i dont like to come on the forums to defend anything people have to say but if they are falt out LYING, then i have to say something... opunui, what is the world are you talking about? you BOUGHT the car modified from KIP and he asked us to paint his car a custom color. and charging you $100 for 80 grams of paint?? i charged you $60 because you gave me the wrong color to mix and i ended up with a full quart of wrong paint that i ended up throwing away and you GAVE me the $100 and said no need change.. Tiger stripes? runs? didnt you have the car worked on by another shop AFTER purchasing the car from KIP? dude seriously if you are going to tell a story please tell the truth not some made up BS.
And i guess most people dont know this but there is NO SUCH THING AS PAINT YOU CAN BUY FROM THE DEALER FOR YOUR CAR. all you have is the little touch up bottles. people should try to go to cutter chevrolet or nissan and ask them can i get a pint of factory k11 paint or ky0 or anything and they will tell you they dont sell paints. All the paint , even from HI-LINE or NAPA or SHERWIN WILLIAMS is a formula that we mix based on their computer software. All the shops with mixing banks mix their own paints.
we never said we are perfect or we are the cheapest or we are the best, and if you have a negative opinion about us that is fine but please if you are going to tell the STORY, tell both side and the TRUE story. no need to make up things to make it sound better or worse then it is.
We did have a lot of issues with KINGs nismo 350z especially with the lower color not matching, but we are not making things up to get it passed you nor are we trying to rip you off. we eneded up refinishing the entire lower portion to match the color at no cost to you to make it right. do you really feel like we have turned our backs to you after the car was done??like pulling teeth?? seriously?? and if i said i was going to remove the tires, then i would have, its easier for us to paint wheels with out tires anyways, im sure there was a good reason why we came to the conclusion that it was better left on.
Steve.... the biggest shocker of all, after all that we have done for you with your first 350z, your black bmw and your silver bmw and your new 350z, for you to say things negative about us is unnecessary. i have your receipt in my hand by the way and i have all the paperwork to go along with it, and if you want to resolve this then you can do so by getting a hold of me through my email.
Once again please dont make up things about us or any other shops, you can keep posting your opinions but lets stick to facts and not made up stories. by the way codkill, found you a reinforcement. and you have understand that any shop here in hawaii due to the limited space, CAN NOT keep parts that customers leave behind, if we held all the parts people left behind, we would need 3 warehouses just to store them...... so please try to understand why AFTER 1 WEEK we dispose of all parts left behind, as it is stated in our contract. thank you.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:29 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

You don't have to defending yourself. It's just discussion the way I see it. Your shop has HUGE creditablitiy! We can say whatever we want surely isn't gonna hurt your work/shop in anyway.

Most of us think our cars are special and to your shop a simple 350z is at the lowest of the pole. You deal with huge base of cars, reason for the waits. The reason some of us are sour or bais at this point in time. Is because we thought/think we was gonna get primo service for our little cars. Most of us came through insurance, and with that said I couldn't ask for more. Even after my car was done I still sent numerous guys 350z/non 350z to your shop. You do take care of people, but in the end we are all customers wanting perfection I guess.

I've said my part, and shared my opinions.

Quick Reply: Paint