Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
codkill3r808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint

I know the standard answer for where to get things painted is Gx. However, I have seen the other thread where people talk about how Gx messed up there car. So I'm hoping those people can elaborate. I'm also looking for suggestions for other shops. Gx estimated $700 to paint a shine amuse front bumper, which just seems inflated. and I know tech one is good too, but I also know they charge too damn much to be reasonable.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

$700 just for a bumper? is the bumper new? i only paid $250 to get a bumper painted there once but my bumper was new so its easier to paint. if gotta put in body work then it may cost more but not anywhere near $700
Old 04-14-2011, 04:18 PM
codkill3r808

Originally Posted by saywat?
$700 just for a bumper? is the bumper new? i only paid $250 to get a bumper painted there once but my bumper was new so its easier to paint. if gotta put in body work then it may cost more but not anywhere near $700
Yup. Just front bumper. It is new too. That's why I was so shocked, especially since shine stuff is supposed to be great quality.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Check out JL autobody works in the Sand Island area. Or Oaka's autobody in Waipahu
Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh jd auto paint is good too and reasonable and quick. they will do it on the side on the weekend cus they usually do major bodywork stuff
Old 04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
codkill3r808

anybody know Js4kix or nu skool fx (sp?) are any good? I saw someone say Aiea Collision in another thread but they told me $700 too!!! For that price definitely rather go GX, atleast I know what their work looks like... Is $700 the new going rate?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 AM
pr-g35driver

my car is Aiea collisions baby lol I only know a few others that have gotten there whole car painted
Old 04-15-2011, 02:01 AM
pr-g35driver

I'm from the g forums so all the guys I got to go to Aiea are on the other forums....definitionxmk is getting his bumper painted tomorrow there and he got quoted 700. yes price are steep now but ask people that know me about my paint job

they also did my Volks in black with red sequence

Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 AM
codkill3r808

Damn!!! That's a sick g.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

And times are rough...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 AM
codkill3r808

How much was it for the rims to be painted?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:02 AM
pr-g35driver

I'm afraid to give the price on here cuz I know it was my price......bu I'm pretty sure he could do the four rims for 350-450 for something like mind
Old 04-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Beasteggs

Is it a stock color? Are they goin to blend the fenders? Bumper fiberglass? The shop might over est the price because of bad the fitment? Many ppl dont know how much work it takes to make a crappy knock-off glass bumper to make it fit right. My friend prob charge Bout $300ish to jus spray and some minor fitment... He sprayed many show cars like DH's Darrel bagged green 4dr pre-runner. There are many good shops out there. Heck I even seen nice side jobs come out of ppl garages. But on a side note I seen so-so work come out of reputable shop too...

Last edited by Beasteggs; 04-15-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
codkill3r808

Originally Posted by Beasteggs
Is it a stock color? Are they goin to blend the fenders? Bumper fiberglass? The shop might over est the price because of bad the fitment? Many ppl dont know how much work it takes to make a crappy knock-off glass bumper to make it fit right. My friend prob charge Bout $300ish to jus spray and some minor fitment... He sprayed many show cars like DH's Darrel bagged green 4dr pre-runner. There are many good shops out there. Heck I even seen nice side jobs come out of ppl garages. But on a side note I seen so-so work come out of reputable shop too...
Stock color, not going to blend, yes fiberglass - its Shine and atleast Gx has worked w/ it before. I told Aiea Collision shine and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. If you don't know, shine = great fitment, great quality fg.

care to share what you consider to be the good shops out there... I'm not doing garage jobs... don't wanna save money that bad, lol.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
pr-g35driver

gx is a reputable shop........and of course they do get the mass majority of the car scene as of now. if u know them well go for it, i don't want to really put my 2 cents cuz i've only heard here say and was not a personal customer....but if i already had two people come up to me to ask me to get aiea collision to paint there rims because gx did a some wat shitty job that says something......and these are people that are not regular customers....to me they take care of the ones that drop the load on there cars.

i personally have a nice looking expensive paint job but was fortunate that it was an insurance job from someone hitting my car.....so out of pocket wasn't that much. i can tell u that if u have problems trusting people scott from aiea isn't one of them. really cool guy to deal with and theres no front being put up with him.

if anything i'll post pics up of a 350z member who is currently getting there nismo version 2 bumper done from shine.....so this is scotts first bumper from shine thats why he dont know them.

also if u really think about it aiea collision is more of an insurance and dealer paint repair shop.......where as gx auto deals alot with the custom show cars that get put in the show.........thats why they would know more of the vendors u guys go through. that in know way shows that scott doesn't know wat hes doing.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

GX Auto didn't do a good job on my car...

I was a noob on island and everyone said go to him...lol I made a thread just like this...

Everyone said go to him

I telling you don't unless your ready to bug him and constantly check on him

Everyone told me to go to him.

Don't

First time he didn't use the factory paint code...

Then. Gave me bs

And folks on here backed him up lol

Then he paint my rims

Lol

He said he took the tires off...

Nope wheels where painted with the tires on

Do not go to GX AUTO

He has ton of jobs and can't give each one the level of expertise your expecting.

So there you have it! Raw and uncut hate to see some one get under par work from this or any shop.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 PM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ummm...sts808 isn't too bad also, they're located out in barbors area and they do pretty good work.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Beasteggs

Thanks for sharing what shine is not much into that bodykit thing only lip kits. For good shops be like W&S autobody (my friend), Techone Ryan or Scott cool cats, JL does good work, also Aiea collision and Global, ACME,.... not sure some of these wanna work with aftermarket stuff. If Distinctive was still around I say goto them or Monk's or Honda masters lol!

Last edited by Beasteggs; 04-15-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Beasteggs

There are so many quality shops out there but only a few that do custom work. So if its only a bumper and stock paint i would not worry too much...do your research and good luck...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:30 PM
codkill3r808

Thanks for the input guys!

And king, I know what u mean... When I first went to Gx they didn't really communicate that well with me. They were going to throw all my stock parts away and didn't even ask me. I was able to keep my sideskirts and bumper cuz I was actually there and grabbed them. But they threw away my aluminum and foam front bumper reinforcements w/o even asking if I wanted to keep it.

They did a really good job on my kit tho, so that's why I'm considering goin back. I just want my a damn alum. reinforcement again!! But it's so damn expensive.

Quick Reply: Paint