Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:41 AM
opunui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike... I have no reason to LIE..I asked you to mix some paint. I dropped off my gas tank cap as you wanted. It took three weeks to get the paint,i didnt give you a paint code i gave you my gas cap door. Youre the painter not me get your facts straight.you charged me 80.00 dollars for the paint and i told you to keep the extra twenty.

If you want to see your paint job you have my number or you can call Kip..
When i first met you i commented that you have a good reputation as a painter, i still believe you are a good painter. One slipped thru the door thats all. Nobody has touched the cars paint job besides having the hood sprayed recently, and thats another story.

I'm not here making waves just giving my exsperience with you thats all.

Aloha, Bobby
Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 PM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by gxauto
ok normally i dont like to come on the forums to defend anything people have to say but if they are falt out LYING, then i have to say something... opunui, what is the world are you talking about? you BOUGHT the car modified from KIP and he asked us to paint his car a custom color. and charging you $100 for 80 grams of paint?? i charged you $60 because you gave me the wrong color to mix and i ended up with a full quart of wrong paint that i ended up throwing away and you GAVE me the $100 and said no need change.. Tiger stripes? runs? didnt you have the car worked on by another shop AFTER purchasing the car from KIP? dude seriously if you are going to tell a story please tell the truth not some made up BS.
And i guess most people dont know this but there is NO SUCH THING AS PAINT YOU CAN BUY FROM THE DEALER FOR YOUR CAR. all you have is the little touch up bottles. people should try to go to cutter chevrolet or nissan and ask them can i get a pint of factory k11 paint or ky0 or anything and they will tell you they dont sell paints. All the paint , even from HI-LINE or NAPA or SHERWIN WILLIAMS is a formula that we mix based on their computer software. All the shops with mixing banks mix their own paints.
we never said we are perfect or we are the cheapest or we are the best, and if you have a negative opinion about us that is fine but please if you are going to tell the STORY, tell both side and the TRUE story. no need to make up things to make it sound better or worse then it is.
We did have a lot of issues with KINGs nismo 350z especially with the lower color not matching, but we are not making things up to get it passed you nor are we trying to rip you off. we eneded up refinishing the entire lower portion to match the color at no cost to you to make it right. do you really feel like we have turned our backs to you after the car was done??like pulling teeth?? seriously?? and if i said i was going to remove the tires, then i would have, its easier for us to paint wheels with out tires anyways, im sure there was a good reason why we came to the conclusion that it was better left on.
Steve.... the biggest shocker of all, after all that we have done for you with your first 350z, your black bmw and your silver bmw and your new 350z, for you to say things negative about us is unnecessary. i have your receipt in my hand by the way and i have all the paperwork to go along with it, and if you want to resolve this then you can do so by getting a hold of me through my email.
Once again please dont make up things about us or any other shops, you can keep posting your opinions but lets stick to facts and not made up stories. by the way codkill, found you a reinforcement. and you have understand that any shop here in hawaii due to the limited space, CAN NOT keep parts that customers leave behind, if we held all the parts people left behind, we would need 3 warehouses just to store them...... so please try to understand why AFTER 1 WEEK we dispose of all parts left behind, as it is stated in our contract. thank you.
Mike,

It's good to hear from you, I have been trying to get a hold of you for over a year now to get the receipt for the $15,500.00 in bodywork that I paid you for my new 350Z, including the other documentation that you owe me.

What is factual is that I have made a grand total of 47 phone calls, to include times and dates that I have been keeping track of, along with about 10 emails that I have in my outbox sent to you, in an attempt to recover those important documents. Included with that, is a bank statement showing a deposit made to your account in the amount of $15,500.00 from my account, but no receipt to show for. Of those 47 calls, 2 of them were with you personally. The other 45, I was told that "you were out of town", "you were in the paint booth", "you were out for the day", and that you "would be calling me back", each time. I never received a phone call back, nor did I receive a response to any of my emails. The conversations that I did have with you, my phone number, address and email address were provided to you, and even then I obviously did not receive those documents, because as you stated, you still have them. Perhaps John could fill you in on the details, as he either obviously didn't communicate with you properly, or I just wasn't priority at the time because my bills were already in your pocket. Either way, it's water under the bridge at this point, I just want my documents (and I would be happy to provide you with my phone number, address, as well as email address to ensure I get them and so there is no further confusion from this point on).

Let me make something very clear. I never knocked you, or your business for that matter, even till this day. If anything, I have been VERY patient since I have done business with you from the get go. Anyone on here that knows me can vouch that I mentioned your name and business as a referral in good faith on any occasion, whether it was a verbal inquiry, a meet and greet or a car show, none of which I had to do. Yea, I have been flat out pissed at this whole situation considering the circumstances (that I had to hear from you over over a thread on my350z.com), and more than you could imagine, because of how much money is involved. Would you blame me, if you were sitting in my shoes? Ask ANY member on here if I have ever knocked you via a pm, or a phone call, or in person for that matter... You are going to get a negative response. Fact is, QUITE A BIT of individuals contacted me personally via pm asking me about GX Auto's credibility, and I responded ZERO times, (which I want to apologize for fellas, I haven't forgotten about you). That was a decision I made, but there's much more information that I have to go around, Im just going to leave those details out for now, out of respect for you.

I never denied your quality of work, or the fact that you went out of your way on multiple occasions to help me out whether it was for the first 350, the BMW's, or my last 350. I think your a stand up guy to be honest, and Im not going to jump on some damn bandwagon to tell it any other way. Im just looking for you to make everything right, and send me what belongs to me. I can't vouch for all of these other guys, but Im not going to lie to ANYBODY to get my point across either, cause that ain't me. I will give someone my honest assessment based off of my personal experiences if it is really needed regarding a business though, because the fact of the matter is, I earn every dollar I work for, and this hobby ain't cheap.

I will be happy to send you an email, or make another phone call, so that you can send me those documents. I will also do you one better, and send you a pm with my information as soon as I get done with this message so that it is documented yet once again, now that I know you are on here, with everything that you need, so please look for that message in your inbox. There's no need to get everyone riled up on something so damn simple.

Hell, I might even be willing to erase this message if all goes well. To be continued...

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 05-16-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 PM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by KingBaby
You don't have to defending yourself. It's just discussion the way I see it. Your shop has HUGE creditablitiy! We can say whatever we want surely isn't gonna hurt your work/shop in anyway.

Most of us think our cars are special and to your shop a simple 350z is at the lowest of the pole. You deal with huge base of cars, reason for the waits. The reason some of us are sour or bais at this point in time. Is because we thought/think we was gonna get primo service for our little cars. Most of us came through insurance, and with that said I couldn't ask for more. Even after my car was done I still sent numerous guys 350z/non 350z to your shop. You do take care of people, but in the end we are all customers wanting perfection I guess.

I've said my part, and shared my opinions.
You absolutely right, it is a discussion and nothing more. But know that: Discussions lead to other discussions, which can drastically hurt a business in any aspect and to some degree. To me, it don't matter if you have a pinto, 350Z, or a Veyron, a customer is a customer, a product is a product, and quality of service should be even across the board because it's your CUSTOMERS that keep you in BUSINESS. Time is money.

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 05-15-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM
_STEVEO_01

Mike,

PM sent to you with my Phone Number, Email Address as well as Physical Address once again...

Steve
Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to dig this thread up but I need to check out Aiea Collision. Had a misjudgement this weekend
Old 05-29-2011, 02:59 AM
codkill3r808

Met PR-g35driver yesterday. Very nice car bro! Rims look even better in person, so sick. I may need to hit scott up for my rims afte seeing ur set.

Update: am getting the bumper on my car either tomorrow or Monday. Will post pics. I ended up going w/ Gx.

There are several reasons why I went back:

1) the main reason I didn't go back initially was bc of the missing alum. bumper support. I understand that gx can't keep all owner's parts, but I honestly didn't even know it wasnt on my car until I failed recon. I thought only the foam was missing. This is what my impression was when I was told something wasn't going to fit. By the time I went back my support was tossed. This is not their fault - it was a miscommunication and water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. I just didn't feel like going back bc of this. And I never even thought it was their fault, but that was just how I felt. That being said, mike helped me out a lot. He took the alum. support off of his personal car for me to use as well as uninstalled my bumper and reinstalled my stock bumper so I could pass recon. And as mike posted in this thread, he got me another support. So this is not an issue anymore.

2) The only other place around the same price posted in this thread was aiea collision. They wanted $700 as well. But Mike was kind enough to offer to cut my rear fenders for me for free if I went back - this was before this thread was posted. This was a pleasant surprise given that I was a returning customer who was inquiring about another job. Mike had no reason to believe that going to another shop was even a consideration for me when he offered it, leading me to believe he offered this service for free out of pure kindness. This in itself made gx the cheaper option. But gx does not charge tax if u pay cash, so that's another $~30 saved by going w/ gx.

3) the initial purpose of this thread was to find cheaper but still good options. This didn't happen. Steve made it seem as though he had some to suggest, but didn't post them nor did he respond to my PM. I asked about the "better" options that he alluded to and got nothing. I don't want to wait forever, and as far as I'm concerned these options are non-existent. Not to knock on Steve at all, this is just what happened.

Conclusion - gx was the logical pick. Some concerns were raised, by u guys, which I am grateful for bc I know u guys r looking out. All things considered, due to gx going above and beyond for me thus far, the price, my previous kit turning out good, and lack of other options I went back. Of course it's not over yet, I still need to get my new bumper on my car and see how good the finish and color match is. I will update the thread with pics when I get it on. I'm not trying to make a gx pitch, but all is good thus far and I'm a loyal guy by nature and feel that given the purpose of this threads creation, I needed to acknowledge how satisfied I am with how things are going to this point.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:39 AM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ummm yea....so bumping this up cuz i'm trying to find a shop to do just a simple repaint of my dodge beater i bought. Nothing fancy, nothing special, no two tones or chameleons here. Just trying to repaint it again to its original color since its got some wear since its an '03. So anyone kno sum1 or a paint shop that'll do just a plain whole car paint over? Even though its a beater, its still a car that now is in my possesion and i want her running strong and looking good again, thanks guys. I'll be comin back to island soon so i shud be able to attend all the meets once again!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 AM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

You could try Okas in Waipahu. http://www.okasautobody.com/
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
nismofreak1208

thank you!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 AM
_STEVEO_01

Still haven't heard back from GX Auto despite the last thread posted, information sent yet once again, as well as emails gone unanswered...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:20 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Like pulling teeth! Lmao
Old 06-11-2011, 08:32 AM
nismofreak1208

in for popcorn!