Notices
Photography Techniques, Cameras, Lenses, & Equipment

Tokina 10-17 Fisheye

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 PM
GiftOfGab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the price you can't get anything as good I did my research before I purchased..has a great fisheye effect, super wide, and built solid
Old 07-10-2008, 10:19 AM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the compositions of your Z in post #12.

THIS IS A GREAT SHOT. The hanging artwork is the main attraction, and employs the rule of thirds and the angle of view leads your eye to it... your eye continually flows upward. Also, the people looking at the artwork further contribute to the attention to the piece, not to mention the converging lines... I like this shot a lot.

One day, I'll go to Waikiki to get a shot like this.

Another great shot. Too bad the upper 2 people are cropped. Again, the yellow bad is employing rule of thirds. Love the contrast and detail in the cement, and looks like you got it at optimal time of day with that warm light. Too bad only that bottom right figure got the best light as it would be even better if all the figures got that shadow.

MY FAVORITE OF THE BUNCH. At first glance, it may seem like an ordinary pic. A closer look shows that the bottom portion of the building is actually a reflection of the upper portion of the building. Then you look at the cars... 2 of them are reflections... Are they the same cars, they all look the same... 2 reflections of the same car? Nope, the bottom one is a reflection of a hidden car. I would go back, and park my Z and make it hidden so you only see it as a reflection like that bottom car.

You're improving leaps and bounds.

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 07-10-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 PM
GiftOfGab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ thanks a bunch for the feedback..hopefully I'll get to snap some night shots on the rooftop soon stay tuned!