Notices
Photography Techniques, Cameras, Lenses, & Equipment

Chameleon Z by Adam Holston Photography

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by LtAllen22
Flo-ridaZ33 I guess I'm not understanding why I would have to roll the rear even without the spacer? And just to get an idea, how much does fender rolling cost?

JDSMotoring, post a pic of which ones you would think would look good on it! Thanks! :thumb up:

ALSO you all never told me what you guys thought about getting the N2 body kit for the car!
The offset of the wheel and tire width is going to dictate the rolling of the rear. The rear quarter panel has a "lip" and when you put a wheel with lower offset along with a larger tire, it'll touch when the shock compresses(bumps, dips, and etc). My good friend has a Eastwood fender roller and it took a couple hours to complete.

To jump on what Jas said, look at anything SSR as they do nice polish work on their wheels.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:43 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would scrap the bodykit idea and focus on a nice set of wheels and headlights.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:46 PM
LtAllen22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
The offset of the wheel and tire width is going to dictate the rolling of the rear. The rear quarter panel has a "lip" and when you put a wheel with lower offset along with a larger tire, it'll touch when the shock compresses(bumps, dips, and etc). My good friend has a Eastwood fender roller and it took a couple hours to complete.

To jump on what Jas said, look at anything SSR as they do nice polish work on their wheels.
I really love the SSR wheels but like I said I really just can't afford that. That's why I was looking at the Varr's. So it's either do the N2 body kit, replace the tails, get a diffuser, and do some other cosmetic changes, OR just replace rims and nothing else.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I really love the SSR wheels but like I said I really just can't afford that. That's why I was looking at the Varr's. So it's either do the N2 body kit, replace the tails, get a diffuser, and do some other cosmetic changes, OR just replace rims and nothing else.
Well I'm not the person to get opinions from because all my parts are authentic so I'll let the others speak on that. I know Varrs made a limited run of polished wheels so check with them. You could easily do a tasteful drop, Varrs, and a lip... turn more heads than a Nismo V2 kit.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:03 PM
LtAllen22

Well I'm not the person to get opinions from because all my parts are authentic so I'll let the others speak on that. I know Varrs made a limited run of polished wheels so check with them. You could easily do a tasteful drop, Varrs, and a lip... turn more heads than a Nismo V2 kit.
very true ^
Do you know how much a lip would be; I don't want an extremely expensive one due to it probably breaking on some unforeseen bump etc? Every lip I have found, people have had fitting issues etc..
Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

very true ^
Do you know how much a lip would be; I don't want an extremely expensive one due to it probably breaking on some unforeseen bump etc? Every lip I have found, people have had fitting issues etc..
Again, I'm not the one to ask as all of mine have been authentic minus my Evo-R VSV1. I'd highly recommend a Mines replica or VSV1 but unfortunately they're only available on Ebay. They fit really well and the overall finish is good. I had a Chargespeed Bottomine that was about $1100.00 and it fit perfectly.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 PM
AroundMyHorn

Just go with the stillen lip.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Just go with the stillen lip.
Good recommendation there too.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
LtAllen22

Again, I'm not the one to ask as all of mine have been authentic minus my Evo-R VSV1. I'd highly recommend a Mines replica or VSV1 but unfortunately they're only available on Ebay. They fit really well and the overall finish is good. I had a Chargespeed Bottomine that was about $1100.00 and it fit perfectly.
You do realize the Marine Corps doesn't pay me enough to be able to play in your neighborhood right?

Yes I would love to have all the authentic pieces and brand name etc, but if my car is going to look nice with some off brand pieces then I'd be happy personally. I understand a lot of people on the site would feel different, but, our job provides us with different salaries; not in it for the money though whatsoever.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

You do realize the Marine Corps doesn't pay me enough to be able to play in your neighborhood right?

Yes I would love to have all the authentic pieces and brand name etc, but if my car is going to look nice with some off brand pieces then I'd be happy personally. I understand a lot of people on the site would feel different, but, our job provides us with different salaries; not in it for the money though whatsoever.
I'm currently in Afghanistan support your brothers as a defense contractor... I'm well aware of what you guys make because you guys love talking about it. I'd usually slam people for suggesting what you are suggesting but I understand hence my assistance. Look for the pieces I suggested and branch out from there... We on this forum see one of two things:

1. People with no taste
2. People who just don't know

I'm putting you in the second category, the search function goes a long way and so does google. Find what you like but don't expect everyone to think it's cool... FYI I have purple wheels and a lot of guys hate them.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 PM
LtAllen22

I'm currently in Afghanistan support your brothers as a defense contractor... I'm well aware of what you guys make because you guys love talking about it. I'd usually slam people for suggesting what you are suggesting but I understand hence my assistance. Look for the pieces I suggested and branch out from there... We on this forum see one of two things:

1. People with no taste
2. People who just don't know

I'm putting you in the second category, the search function goes a long way and so does google. Find what you like but don't expect everyone to think it's cool... FYI I have purple wheels and a lot of guys hate them.

Yea as a defense contractor you're provided with the ability to have enough fun with a family full of 350z's!

Thank's for category number 2 I really appreciate it!
But you are right, it is my first 350z and I have no idea what I am doing so everyone has to bear with me. But I personally think the purple wheels look badass.

Please, I hope you did not mean this lip.. that thing does not look in my opinion at all.
http://intensepower.com/stfrlipsp35.html
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Hell no, there's a smaller one that is really nice and clean:

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...EX&r=&b=&m=all

thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:45 AM
LtAllen22

Hell no, there's a smaller one that is really nice and clean:

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...EX&r=&b=&m=all

thanks for the kind words.
AHH that one is much better!
do come christmas time...
What does a diffuser do other than look neat btw?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 AM
AroundMyHorn

AHH that one is much better!
do come christmas time...
What does a diffuser do other than look neat btw?
Yup, the stillen splitter I mentioned is a nice compliment to the car without being too gaudy. As for the diffuser's function......

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Top: Lateral view; the red circles mark the front air dam/splitter and rear diffuser. Bottom: Underbody view.

"A diffuser, in an automotive context, is a shaped section of the car underbody which improves the car's aerodynamic properties by enhancing the transition between the high-velocity airflow underneath the car and the much slower freestream airflow of the ambient atmosphere. It works by providing a space for the underbody airflow to decelerate and expand (in area, density remains constant at the speeds that cars travel) so that it does not cause excessive flow separation and drag, by providing a degree of "wake infill". The diffuser itself accelerates the flow in front of it, which helps generate downforce".
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,662 Posts

The N2 kit will require paint, and will probably cost well over $1k for paint alone, then you have another $600 to have it fitted if you can't do it yourself.

I simple lip like Stillen or many others will work great, update the looks and not need paint. Other lips will work, just look for one you will like it its painted black.

Taillights will set you back around $450 for 06 and newer LED, only other quality tail lights available are 03 to 05 OEM and the OEM JDM lights. 03 to 05 lights can be bought cheap.

Headlights , really i woundnt even bother with them unless you have money burning a hole in you pocket. They look fine, perfectly usable but not the most ideal.

Fender roll, maybe not needed for a +22 , but for $70 to $120 i would just get it done. You don't want your paint messed up from the tire touching it.

BTW pulling out the mil card, we do get paid pretty well. My car is build on my mil paycheck and with my job i don't even have any deployment money coming in.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 AM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Yup, the stillen splitter I mentioned is a nice compliment to the car without being too gaudy. As for the diffuser's function......

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Top: Lateral view; the red circles mark the front air dam/splitter and rear diffuser. Bottom: Underbody view.

"A diffuser, in an automotive context, is a shaped section of the car underbody which improves the car's aerodynamic properties by enhancing the transition between the high-velocity airflow underneath the car and the much slower freestream airflow of the ambient atmosphere. It works by providing a space for the underbody airflow to decelerate and expand (in area, density remains constant at the speeds that cars travel) so that it does not cause excessive flow separation and drag, by providing a degree of "wake infill". The diffuser itself accelerates the flow in front of it, which helps generate downforce".
Originally Posted by terrasmak
The N2 kit will require paint, and will probably cost well over $1k for paint alone, then you have another $600 to have it fitted if you can't do it yourself.

I simple lip like Stillen or many others will work great, update the looks and not need paint. Other lips will work, just look for one you will like it its painted black.

Taillights will set you back around $450 for 06 and newer LED, only other quality tail lights available are 03 to 05 OEM and the OEM JDM lights. 03 to 05 lights can be bought cheap.

Headlights , really i woundnt even bother with them unless you have money burning a hole in you pocket. They look fine, perfectly usable but not the most ideal.

Fender roll, maybe not needed for a +22 , but for $70 to $120 i would just get it done. You don't want your paint messed up from the tire touching it.

BTW pulling out the mil card, we do get paid pretty well. My car is build on my mil paycheck and with my job i don't even have any deployment money coming in.
Thanks a lot guys for all the great information. I really am considering the varrs and a lip!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM
LtAllen22

It figures, I go to get in my car today and the driver side window has stopped working. Going to have to replace that motor and hold off on mods once again..

Last edited by LtAllen22; 08-14-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:12 PM
LtAllen22

Ok so I took my one side shot of my 350z and I just took pictures of the the different rims and very poorly and quickly photoshopped them onto my car! Just let me know which ones you think. It at least gives a small idea, but again its very rough photoshop haha

Varrstoen track 200-

VMR silver or stainless-

VMR Bronze-

VMR Textured Bronze-

VMR Gold-

Old 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM
VMRWheels
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think Textured Bronze would be pretty cool, or Sunken Treasure!

Old 08-14-2012, 05:36 PM
AroundMyHorn

I like sliver first, textured bronze second. No black.

Quick Reply: Chameleon Z by Adam Holston Photography