Notices
Photography Techniques, Cameras, Lenses, & Equipment

Chameleon Z by Adam Holston Photography

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 PM
LtAllen22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chameleon Z by Adam Holston Photography

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site as well as a new 350z Owner! But I finally got around to having some good pictures taken of the car. Please feel free to give any advice on what to add, take away, etc... Yes, the bubble tails are coming off, the new OEM tails will be here this thursday so anything other than the tails is fair game for criticism! Also these 4 are only a few of the ones Adam Holston Photography has finished putting the final touches on, I will upload the rest tomorrow or the day following; bear with me please!

Anyways,

Play this in HD to get a feel for the paint job in sunlight.

http://youtu.be/pxn4eafIwN8

Thanks for looking!

-Phil
Old 08-11-2012, 04:20 AM
deeno

always loved that paint. imo....looks really good on the Z
Old 08-11-2012, 07:00 AM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by deeno
always loved that paint. imo....looks really good on the Z
Thanks a lot !
Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a shame that paint is complimented so poorlyz
Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 AM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by lgear080
It's a shame that paint is complimented so poorlyz
You'll have to elaborate on that for me.. because I have no idea what you mean.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,662 Posts

Originally Posted by LtAllen22
You'll have to elaborate on that for me.. because I have no idea what you mean.
Stock wheels , lame looking eBay tail lights.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

got engine power mods to back up the paintjob?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:29 PM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Stock wheels , lame looking eBay tail lights.
Maybe if you had read in the very first few sentences, I said that I already purchased a pair of OEM tails and they are on their way. And yes if I had 800-2000 I would love to throw on some upgraded rims, but the powder coated ones will have to do for now.

And to the post above this one, it has a Borla exhaust and Nismo Intake, not too much done to it.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
got engine power mods to back up the paintjob?
Last I checked quality paint jobs do not need race credentials . Are you thinking this way because the last stock car to pull this off was a cobra? All this dude needs to do is upgrade his wheels, get rid of the ebay taillights (which he already said he was doing), and do something with his headlights. Don't get me wrong, he can add power for a more enjoyable experience but to insinuate he needs to because of this paint job is laughable.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:10 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Clear reflectors and Lil bit of spacer action on the wheels and ur set.......until u get the wheels you want!looks good tho imo
Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
hellman_x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much was the paintjob?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 AM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Last I checked quality paint jobs do not need race credentials . Are you thinking this way because the last stock car to pull this off was a cobra? All this dude needs to do is upgrade his wheels, get rid of the ebay taillights (which he already said he was doing), and do something with his headlights. Don't get me wrong, he can add power for a more enjoyable experience but to insinuate he needs to because of this paint job is laughable.
Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Clear reflectors and Lil bit of spacer action on the wheels and ur set.......until u get the wheels you want!looks good tho imo
Originally Posted by hellman_x
How much was the paintjob?
Keep in mind everyone, I am new to the 350z game so I'm not great with terms etc...

AroundMyHorn - well put sir. What exactly were you thinking about for changing on the headlights? or what would I exactly change them to?

NoQuestionZ- Clear reflectors or just tint them dark? Because I had thought about that. Also.. (dumb question probably) What does "spacer action" mean? And ALSO what rims do you all think would look good on here? PLEASE keep in mind I don't have a swiss bank account, so be reasonable on the price haha post a link if at all possible :thumb up:

Hellman_x- The guy I bought it from had the paint job done himself because he OWNED the auto body shop, and he paid $6,000. So what it would cost to get it done NOT by yourself, I have no idea. Too much that I would never do it myself haha but I'm glad he did it for me
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM
AroundMyHorn

Keep in mind everyone, I am new to the 350z game so I'm not great with terms etc...

AroundMyHorn - well put sir. What exactly were you thinking about for changing on the headlights? or what would I exactly change them to?

NoQuestionZ- Clear reflectors or just tint them dark? Because I had thought about that. Also.. (dumb question probably) What does "spacer action" mean? And ALSO what rims do you all think would look good on here? PLEASE keep in mind I don't have a swiss bank account, so be reasonable on the price haha post a link if at all possible :thumb up:

Hellman_x- The guy I bought it from had the paint job done himself because he OWNED the auto body shop, and he paid $6,000. So what it would cost to get it done NOT by yourself, I have no idea. Too much that I would never do it myself haha but I'm glad he did it for me

You can do three things concerning the headlights.

1. Buy 06 and up headlights for a cleaner look ($$$)

2. Mod your own headlights to get rid of the orange strip and paint if so inclined ($)

3. Not give a fk and keep it as is.

As for the reflectors, I would wait on those until you know which direction you are going to go with the wheels.

The spacers people are referring to are to help make your wheels look more "flush", which offers a more aggressive stance. They can range from 40 bucks to $250 bucks a pair. I'm not a fan of spacers as I think it's better to go with a proper wheel with good offsets, but if you really like the look of the stock wheels it's an option. Here is a pic with stock wheels and 25mm spacers all around. Keep in mind the owner of this car bought wheels shortly thereafter because there is no substitute for a good aftermarket wheel.

Last but not least, the wheels. That paintjob sure is a unique one so I really don't know what would suit it. I personally think a bright wheel like silver, or polished would look good on this car. However, black could work as well but it would need to be pretty aggressive. There are plenty of low cost options when it comes to wheels so I would suggest you do your research (browse the wheel threads here for reference). You can also find a quality pair of used wheels in the marketplace if you are patient.

There also is one more option and that is...................

RUN LIKE THE FKING WIND AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

The reason I say this is because modding becomes addictive and staying on this site perpetuates said addiction.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 08-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:09 PM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
[B] insert helpful and hilarious post here
[B]

The only thing I could think of for rims would be, like you said, agressive black? I wouldn't want to do purple rims or anything like that... and I'm not a fan of chrome; I feel it is cheap or "ghetto"

ANYWAYS...

There are so many different styles of rims that I don't know what would look good with the car. I don't know what style suits the 350z well?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...170876962.html

or this style?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-LM-Stagge...8fce5b&vxp=mtr

or maybe even this style?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSW-VAIRANO-...cb4b10&vxp=mtr

again.. I have no clue what even looks "good".
I have no idea if those would look nice or what is ACTUALLY nice in the first place..

Do you have ANY preference that YOU personally like? Or does ANYONE else have an opinion as to what rim would look nice?

Also, completely off-topic, but I really want a lip on the car, and then I got to thinking how about the N2 body kit? Take a look at it and let me know?

so much money to spend... such a small bank account to spend from..

Last edited by LtAllen22; 08-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-342/ start here for wheels, for anything worth buying you're looking at $1200+ . Color is hard to decide , but at least you can tell that black wheels look like *** from the pics you already posted. I would try photoshop some bronze or gold on it to see. Front lip, pretty much pick one that you think will look good painted black.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
LtAllen22

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Giovanna-...ea5e01&vxp=mtr

Again... I'm just shooting into the dark. I really dont even know what I'm looking for. There are so many.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Giovanna-...ea5e01&vxp=mtr

Again... I'm just shooting into the dark. I really dont even know what I'm looking for. There are so many.
Obviously you didn't click on the link I posted.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pics by your photographer OP

Please for the love everything holy stop posting links to parts from ebay!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
LtAllen22

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Obviously you didn't click on the link I posted.
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Nice pics by your photographer OP

Please for the love everything holy stop posting links to parts from ebay!
Terrasmak, I don't mean to be rude but you woke up on the wrong side of your 350z or something because you have been rude in just about every comment..
And yes I DID click your link; I appreciated that you posted that for me; I said there was too many damn options and I have no idea what I'm looking for. That's why I suggested someone to just pick a pair out that they felt would look good and compliment the car, but that was also affordable.

Waizzz I will make sure to let him know you complimented him; he does some really great work! And about the ebay thing, when ever I find something I like I always just type it in on ebay to see the price range haha so sorry for all the ebay links.

Last edited by LtAllen22; 08-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:28 PM
AroundMyHorn

LTAllen, let me know your budget and I will find you a pair of wheels. See, we at my350z like to help people but that can come with a side of attitude because we expect that you should do your due diligence as well. Like you though, we've all been noobs before so we in some ways can relate.

Quick Reply: Chameleon Z by Adam Holston Photography