Notices
Photoshop Make request or post your chops here.

Need help paintshop on a 67 camaro....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 AM
chuquison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help paintshop on a 67 camaro....

The project is going to happen I will post pics of the car little by little.

Its a project my uncle and I are doing, he has the deep pockets and he is having me do the rest for him, except engine he wants to do that all himself.

We are doing a 67 camaro with the hidden lights. After getting the imput on the 350z members on here we have choosen the House of Color Galaxy Grey metal flakes. we are going for a gun metal paint job with black racing strips.

My request is if anyone has time we are trying to present this to the auto body shop and also to my uncle so we can choose these colors but I want them to picture it.

here are some pics to work with if you can... Guys the isnt a maybe paint job this is going to happen I just need to prove it.

we love these strips and the rims look awsome too

Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 AM
chuquison

we are looking for these colors to be photo shopped into the camaros i posted previously

the color of the racing stripe
Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 AM
chuquison

anybody? please!!!! I see alot of views but no help
Old 09-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

let me have a crack at it...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:27 PM
JLS2GOZ

Why would you want to dot that to a 67 RS Camaro. I.don't know what you have ie options, # matching or not but do you know the value of these cars ? If its basically original and if have you have matching #'s look up the VIN paint code and go with that...sheesh.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
chuquison

Originally Posted by go7roo7
let me have a crack at it...
thanx brother this would really help out alot!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
chuquison

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
Why would you want to dot that to a 67 RS Camaro. I.don't know what you have ie options, # matching or not but do you know the value of these cars ? If its basically original and if have you have matching #'s look up the VIN paint code and go with that...sheesh.
I value your opinion but this is why people mod cars to make it their own unique work. We got the car at a steal price, I think it was like 4k body work complete needs paint though, I highly doubt the numbers match because there is some SS parts on it. Engine that came with the car is a built drag engine I dont know crap about it my uncle is keep that a seceret tell its done I am just helping on the looks.

Interior was shot in the car so that will be redone as well, I think we are justing going with black leather nothing fancy. the only thing fancy might be a added arm rest between driver seat and passenger seat, thats what my uncle wants.

as for resale I think we are putting in maybe 18k into it, i think the paint and body and chroming is gonna run around 8k and the interor will be around 3k the rest is going into engine and tranny. the engine we have is built and it came with the car but not installed. its pretty much new as so is the tranny. i think the rims and tires we may spend 4k, not sure on that.

but all togethor we figure with the purchase and everything in it, it maybe around 21-23k the car maybe be worth more after since it will be fully done not to sure on that either. my uncle just wants a fun newer retro moddern vehicle that reminds him of his past. we have no intentions on resale value.

he has as a trailer queen a 57 bel air hard top with a powerful engine and its pretty much stock everywhere else. he may be selling this for 27-34k depending on the market and he wants to do a old vette next after this project.

my uncle is coming soon into retirement, and he just wants to have fun for now nothing special. trust me if I had his cash I would be doing a GTR or a R8 or somthing exotic, but my uncle is a simple man, he could of been driving 40-100k cars his whole life but he didnt. he has a newer kia as a daily driver and a newer tacoma pick up.. now he wants to enjoy cars more I guess.

as for the steal on the price, he got it from a freind who has another one that is done but was building this one and ran into money issues and wanted to see the car done so he gave him a deal of the century. in fact my uncle didnt even want the car but he claims when he was growing up he wanted a camaro and my grandfather instead got him a old galaxy. I guess he is making up on lost times? who knows I dont question my uncle alot he is a private person, even with me! he always says that never let other know your economic status because you will get friends and family ask you for favors. I guess thats why he drives a kia?

Last edited by chuquison; 09-27-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Here man, sorry for the delay!

my PC took the biggest dump, and your file was in there till I could fix it.

I hope its to your liking...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-28-2011, 03:31 AM
chuquison

Awsome picture sir!!!