Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by r@mon
Does this mean that i would have to run a stock ECU? I do not have a 350z but am still looking for an ems that will control the factory VCT and cam/crank sensors. I don't need any of the other PITA crap the 350 comes with including drive by wire. What can be done for me?
No problem.

Also, to make your specific setup look nicer you could even set it up as a flying-lead type harness to run to the specific engine items (crank trigger, cams, injectors, ignition etc) rather than a plug+play.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:39 PM
r@mon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
No problem.

Also, to make your specific setup look nicer you could even set it up as a flying-lead type harness to run to the specific engine items (crank trigger, cams, injectors, ignition etc) rather than a plug+play.
That's actually what i would rather do. I think my wiring comes out just a tad nicer and simpler than the factory harness. Would there be a price difference in this case? Also, is there somewhere to download the software to get a feel for it?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

No price difference, and I agree about the cleanliness. I have rewired a few cars and prefer it. I don't recall if we have any blank connectors at the office anymore - I can check on this tomorrow if you like (send me a PM please).

The software is not available online for now. I can check on this and comment further tomorrow - or at least get more screen shots up.

Originally Posted by r@mon
That's actually what i would rather do. I think my wiring comes out just a tad nicer and simpler than the factory harness. Would there be a price difference in this case? Also, is there somewhere to download the software to get a feel for it?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Thumbs up

Looking forward to going hands on with this - I've been lucky enough to have this on my car the past month or so in Sharif's shop. Thanks for the opportunity Hal and the customer service and support (and to not just other professionals but end users like me ). I will post a brief review next week (after I get my car back!). Tuning by volumetric efficiency and cam phasing are just two of the very, very nice features of this EMS. Well done.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many maps/settings can be saved/setup on the Haltech for pump gas, meth/H2O, race gas, low boost, high boost, etc?

Also, will there be any user interface available in the near future besides using a laptop? For example, something kind of like FCon's Navigator?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-16-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Along with Rcdash, my car will also be using the HALTECH Platnium tuned by yours truly Sharif ! Still a few weeks away from going on the dyno and inital testing, after speaking with Hal today this promises to be one of the most effective standalone units out there! No boost contoller needed... just a boost solonoid, and as for switching maps... HAl told me it is very easy.. just take your laptop, plug in the usb and load the software and select your map! The only thing which we will have to figure in is the safety cutoff device for the methanol... Hal mentioned a fairly simple solution and on top of that said that they are taking this issue and developing further applications for the specific use of methanol and the safety feature! Free Software upgrades... easy to install.. sounds as if this thing has it all!!! Now all I need to do is dig into my very THIN pockets to finish the project lol!

Thanks for the help today Hal!

We will keep you posted with the results!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWESOME! finally a nice standalone I can play with on my own!

thanks hal!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM
zman1910

Wow this sounds like the best EMS out so far. Congrats on a job well done!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Weqster

Im glad we finally get more options in terms of good, solid, ems's. being a haltech, i can get it tuned by countless places around here.. Unlike the HKS which only has a handful of qualified dealers...

Question for OP; Im from Australia, can i goto any haltech dealer around here and ask for the 350z PNP unit?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 AM
TENGAI

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!! I've been eagerly awaiting this... Congrats to Hal and co. over at IP for spearheading this new option for the community. A full stand alone, user-tunable, AND it's less than the current offering of stand-alones on the market. Again, great work guys...
Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
How many maps/settings can be saved/setup on the Haltech for pump gas, meth/H2O, race gas, low boost, high boost, etc?

Also, will there be any user interface available in the near future besides using a laptop? For example, something kind of like FCon's Navigator?
The FCON Navigator like device is something that I mentioned to Hal also. I do know they have a queue of exciting feature additions already planned. I have been pleasantly surprised how active the engineering staff is. (I actually have a car PC with touchscreen right in the nav area, so not really a necessity for me).
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Sounds like a great product to help advance the community. My buddy runs the Haltech on his IS-T. Self tuned.

Chris
Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

You can have unlimited maps saved on your computer and upload is quick and simple. Plug in usb, and upload the map which takes maybe two seconds. Different boost ranges can all be tuned on one map. The hardware is ready for multiple maps onboard, but it will be in a future software release when it is activated. The engineers at Haltech have been a pleasure to work with and have their hands full with all of the requests we have piled on them - but they are knocking them out.

There is a dash option, which we are testing in the center console of our 350Z. It accepts more inputs (individual egts, af, fuel press, etc etc) and is configurable in many different ways. It also has 6 configurable alarm LEDs and 10 configurable Shift LEDS. It has internal memory for data logging, along with internal g sensor, wheel speed input, etc. The Haltech Platinum has a plug in the side which allows easy plug+play connection to the dash. Here is a generic pic from Haltech's site to give you an idea.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 AM
RBlover69

i have a question sorry if this was already covered does this control exhaust cams and intake cams of the revup motor aswell. Since i know haltech is usually controls just about everything.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
TENGAI

^^^
Center console??? Something like a 1 or 2 din unit perhaps??? I'm looking at doing a CarPC for my car, but something as simple as this may be a great option for a lot of the guys out there...
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RBlover69
i have a question sorry if this was already covered does this control exhaust cams and intake cams of the revup motor aswell. Since i know haltech is usually controls just about everything.
Yes, it does, and yes it was covered in the original post

"• Complete Intake and Exhaust Cam Control (03-05’ Intake Cam control only) (24x24)"
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Yes, it does, and yes it was covered in the original post

"• Complete Intake and Exhaust Cam Control (03-05’ Intake Cam control only) (24x24)"
nice man...damn this unit looks to be the complete package. Certaintly the icing to any build and tune. From whats offered jesus..
Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Originally Posted by TENGAI
^^^
Center console??? Something like a 1 or 2 din unit perhaps??? I'm looking at doing a CarPC for my car, but something as simple as this may be a great option for a lot of the guys out there...
I will have pictures of the actual dash today.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 AM
TENGAI

Hal, does the Haltech have a simplified "dashboard" readout of all of the sensors? EGT, BOOST, A/F, etc...? The second screenshot is nice, but in looking at a CarPC option, I was wondering if I could simply call up a display of critical sensor "gauges" on the fly. This would more than likely be my view 99% of the time.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 AM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
I will have pictures of the actual dash today.
Nice, thanks in advance...

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE