Notices

Flat Foot Shifting Is Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Join our Group buy for a chance to own this cool little unit with 2 awesome features, and be a WOT BOX USER, not a test mule! N2mB did all their R&D on their own cars over 3 years ago on this unit!!!

Dont be silly and risk your car and ECU to do a cheap knock off's R&D for them, buy the REAL DEAL working in full!!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
If there is a local guy closer to NJ we would like to test it on his car..
I though this WAS already tested?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:10 AM
teh215

I will soon track test it on my car.

Hmmmm?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:45 AM
phrozen

Originally Posted by teh215
Julian already went to the track with it. He posted up his results a few pages back.

The exact same hardware has been thoroughly tested and proven on hundreds of SRT-4s for over a year now.

The WOT Box is ready to go. I'm just finishing the installation instructions PDF file today and we'll be shipping orders in no time.

Plus, you can rest assured that if there are ever any problems in the future, software upgrades will be free and posted directly on our website so that you can download and install them with ease!

And then there's our 3 year warranty, so you can know for sure that your WOT Box will be around for a long time.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:26 AM
UMW350Z

Julian gave me a demonstartion on it last night. VERY cool little gadget. it gives you launch control ability and does exactly what it says it does, cuts the ignition for a set time to shift. I would buy it if I dragged.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Hmmmm?
Why someone would go back 3 -5 pages to posts from June 9th and 10th when we were first testing the unit and finalizing some otions is beyond me..
The unit has proven itself on OTHER platforms for over 3 years, and has just been thouroughly tested on my car...
Thank you for the free bump..
Old 06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
teh215

Originally Posted by phrozen
Julian already went to the track with it. He posted up his results a few pages back.

The exact same hardware has been thoroughly tested and proven on hundreds of SRT-4s for over a year now.

The WOT Box is ready to go. I'm just finishing the installation instructions PDF file today and we'll be shipping orders in no time.

Plus, you can rest assured that if there are ever any problems in the future, software upgrades will be free and posted directly on our website so that you can download and install them with ease!

And then there's our 3 year warranty, so you can know for sure that your WOT Box will be around for a long time.
Cool, that's for the clarification. I may still consider this desipte MRC's less than friendly comment (which was to beexpected).
Old 06-18-2008, 02:09 PM
phrozen

Cool, that's for the clarification.
No problem. We're looking forward to getting started shipping out orders from Julian's GB. I think you guys are really going to like this.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:24 PM
coachk
Banned

Now that its all finished, can you explain again if this can benefit a 5AT/launch control. I don't know anything about SRT-4's, but do they come in an auto and if so, are any SRT guys using this product.
Thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 03:38 PM
phrozen

Actually, I do not know. All of the SRT-4s were manual trans from the factory, so my experience is limited to MT cars. I'm not sure how you would use a 2-step launch control on an auto trans car. I'll defer to someone who has experience racing an auto trans car.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Actually, I do not know. All of the SRT-4s were manual trans from the factory, so my experience is limited to MT cars. I'm not sure how you would use a 2-step launch control on an auto trans car. I'll defer to someone who has experience racing an auto trans car.
Perhaps we can hook it up on the brake switch intstead of the clutch? And set the RPMS just where the limit of brakes hold....
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
phrozen

Perhaps we can hook it up on the brake switch intstead of the clutch? And set the RPMS just where the limit of brakes hold....
I don't think you want to 2-step while you are in gear. Let me talk to Jay about it and we'll do some testing offline. For now, this is only for the MT cars.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM
coachk
Banned

IIRC Hondas 2 step in AT's all the time and AT domestics that drag usually all have them. I wonder if the Injected car has one with the power glide, I would think they do
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 AM
phrozen

Originally Posted by coachk
IIRC Hondas 2 step in AT's all the time and AT domestics that drag usually all have them. I wonder if the Injected car has one with the power glide, I would think they do
Interesting. How do they launch? Hold the brakes and 2-step or 2-step and then drop it into drive? The latter sounds like a bad idea...
Old 06-20-2008, 12:25 PM
dpm@mrc
Vendor - Former Vendor

Just want to let anyone know despite what it says under Julian's username..

if you have any questions.. feel free to direct them to me..

or you can send an email or call the shop directly (leave a message if no one answers)

email: sales@racemrc.com
Phone: 732-251-8200
Old 06-21-2008, 09:13 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Question

How long has that doodad been on the market? Is it safe??
Old 06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
phrozen

We have been selling the WOT Box on the SRT-4 for over a year. It was in R&D on a half a dozen cars for a full year before that.

It is very safe. The power line is fused and all inputs are protected from ESD damage. We have not had any fail out of the hundreds we have sold.

We offer a 3 year warranty standard, if you have any problems, we will replace your WOT Box with no problem. We even cover shipping both ways.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:02 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, no more group buy on these, or did I miss something?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Interesting. How do they launch? Hold the brakes and 2-step or 2-step and then drop it into drive? The latter sounds like a bad idea...

It is is called a trans-brake.It allows the tranny to lock-up but allows your motor to build rpms and boost and you just release the trans brake and you are gone.It is used in conjunction with a two step.There is no trans brake for the AT tranny in the G or Z at this time
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
phrozen

Originally Posted by TurboTim
It is is called a trans-brake.It allows the tranny to lock-up but allows your motor to build rpms and boost and you just release the trans brake and you are gone.It is used in conjunction with a two step.There is no trans brake for the AT tranny in the G or Z at this time
It sounds like it would be really rough on the driveline. I once engaged the 2-step briefly while in gear while developing it just to see what it would do, and it was ridiculously rough. It felt like it was going to tear the car apart.

Of course, you can't do that with the released version of the software because lifting the clutch de-activates the 2-step...

But, that is interesting. Well, let me know if there is anything we can do to make it available for the AT cars.

For the MT cars, contact Julian or myself.

Quick Reply: Flat Foot Shifting Is Here!!!