Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by carfi179
Sometimes this forum is worst than "honda forum" soooooo MUCH haters!!

If "twins" makes you happy greatttt! If "ST" makes you happy greatttttttt! no need to flame on members of this forum unless he ask you for opinion.
are you guys blind? you reading the same thread i am? HE WAS THE ONE THAT ATTACKED EVERYONE.. go back and read the beggining of the thread..

two blind comments were made and he went off.. where do you guys come up with this crap
Old 05-25-2007, 11:04 PM
carfi179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definitely NOT blind maybe you should read it again?....Oh well lets stop jacking this thread! let some people use this thread as a write up for ST built.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
doug

definitely NOT blind maybe you should read it again?....Oh well lets stop jacking this thread! let some people use this thread as a write up for ST built.
keep dreaming fan boy.. all i said to him was "oh the irony" and he went off on me for no reason.. all priscilla ls1 asked him was why didn't he go twins with his built motor.. which is usually the route most people take.. and he went off again..
Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 PM
carfi179

Arguing in the internet is not my thing A lot of people say things in the internet that they can't say on people's face.

"fan boy"? and you have a Z and member of the My350z.com? looks like a fan boy to me.

Last edited by carfi179; 05-25-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:19 PM
doug

Arguing in the internet is not my thing A lot of people say things in the internet that they can't say on people's face.

"fan boy"? and you have a Z and member of the My350z.com? looks like a fan boy to me.
i was a member here before i owned a Z whats your point? i joined Sept 2002.. i bought my Z in sept 2005? i'm sorry.. what was your point again? yeah..

oh believe me.. everything i say online i can say in person.. i have made good on that promise to alot of people
Old 05-25-2007, 11:29 PM
carfi179

taurran,

60-1 with a wet bearing housing? can you PM on some info about this such as price etc. My car is at GT Motorsports maybe I can continue your experiment with this kit and maybe I can do a write up on my findings and help out fellow turbonetics owner's with the smoke problem.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:08 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the build Craig. I'm glad you decided to go this route (build) and I'm sure the setup will be great. Can't wait to see ya back on the road soon.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:47 AM
taurran

Sorry guys I actually went out last night and didn't check this thread until now. Drank way too much...

All I've got to say is that the two instigators that came into this thread and make those comments knew exactly what kind of response they would get. "Blind" comments? They were aimed at inflaming the thread and turning it into an argument.

Doug- you've always been an instigator and have a track record of throwing multiple threads off track. Just let it go and let us continue a productive discussion without all the "GO BUY A TT KIT HURHURHURHUR" comments. We've all heard this 10000 times and everyone is sick of hearing it. Besides, if no one ever tried anything new and did the exact same setup over and over, there would be no innovation in the aftermarket.

And, for the record, who says I've paid for 3 turbos?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
taurran

taurran,

60-1 with a wet bearing housing? can you PM on some info about this such as price etc. My car is at GT Motorsports maybe I can continue your experiment with this kit and maybe I can do a write up on my findings and help out fellow turbonetics owner's with the smoke problem.
I wish I could give you more info on this, but I actually recieved the turbo as a direct swap for my original one. I would assume it wouldn't be too costly if you were to send your turbo in and have the bearing housing swapped for a wet housing. Is your current turbo still functioning properly with intact seals?

I'd recomend giving Ed or Reggie a call to see what they can do for you.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:07 AM
MIAPLAYA

Wow is it possible for a ST owner to build his motor without the TT kit peanut gallery dumping all over the thread. The guy doesn't want TTs. Let it go already. Go bug synth or JoePharm about why they are built with an ST kit.

Craig I'm so sorry to hear about the car man. You definitely beat that car around for the last 2 years so I know you enjoyed it but it would suck for anyone. Glad I was able to help with the turbo replacement while I was down there even if only for one day/night. And what a long night that was. Look forward to the new set up and getting it back on the road. I think some people are going to be quite surprised when they see what your car can do. AS always let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:14 AM
TayTaythatsme04

GL with the new build, Im going for the same ream of power here soon . . .

T
Old 05-26-2007, 09:35 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Hahahahahahahahahha!!!!!! That's all I have to say!!!! And he's still wearing his Turbonetics party hat!

Anytime you want to put your single turbo up against my Greddy twin you let me know.

JET
Hey now, the shop your car is sitting at may just be turning out some of the biggest power ST cars around.

I'm game for whatever.

After seeing AJ's stock motor Turbonetics Z totally stomp a stock motor Greddy TT Z I have no doubt that a well executed Single Turbo Z can hold its own....
Old 05-26-2007, 09:58 AM
diwun67

Originally Posted by doug
keep dreaming fan boy.. all i said to him was "oh the irony" and he went off on me for no reason.. all priscilla ls1 asked him was why didn't he go twins with his built motor.. which is usually the route most people take.. and he went off again..
You said "oh the irony", to me that looks like you're just baiting him for a flamefest. And how did he go off on priscillals1? By saying he doesn't wanna waste money on a brand new TT setup? Don't look at my sig and say I too am a fanboy, I'm just calling it like I see it

With that said, subscribed
Old 05-26-2007, 09:59 AM
kostat26

ok we all know craig is a turbonetics ball hugger. but at least he is not taking the easy way out, like most of u have and i considering myself doing, and doign what everyone else is.. and i think a st z with 550 + rwhp will be badass and i would choose it over a tt z anyday. good luck man
Old 05-26-2007, 10:02 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by kostat26
ok we all know craig is a turbonetics ball hugger. but at least he is not taking the easy way out, like most of u have and i considering myself doing, and doign what everyone else is.. and i think a st z with 550 + rwhp will be badass and i would choose it over a tt z anyday. good luck man

hahahaha... no doubt. APS 4 evah! Thanks.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:21 AM
kostat26

Originally Posted by taurran
hahahaha... no doubt. APS 4 evah! Thanks.
hey!! save that APS stuff for chris not me
Old 05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Hey now, the shop your car is sitting at may just be turning out some of the biggest power ST cars around.

I'm game for whatever.

After seeing AJ's stock motor Turbonetics Z totally stomp a stock motor Greddy TT Z I have no doubt that a well executed Single Turbo Z can hold its own....
all i know is that shop is badass and taking over the scene...

i will have my personal car back together in a few weeks with a big single, we will just set the debate straight..

craig, hit me up tomorrow when you get a chance
Old 05-27-2007, 12:43 AM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Hahahahahahahahahha!!!!!! That's all I have to say!!!! And he's still wearing his Turbonetics party hat!

Anytime you want to put your single turbo up against my Greddy twin you let me know.

JET
Can a APS TT play too?
Old 05-27-2007, 07:12 AM
98intrigue

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Can a APS TT play too?
Sure....but "I'm slow" must be taken off the windshield.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:34 AM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
Sure....but "I'm slow" must be taken off the windshield.
I heard the gasket is in. Uh oh..

Quick Reply: taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST