Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who's pwmd.... looks like IIQUICKSILVERII is just an uninformed as you are MIA.

Greddy has a straight shot to the wastegate. It rejoins the exhaust at 90 degrees which is unimportant. The turbo is 90 degrees to gas flow.

Thanks for the playing!

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm I guess Tim must not know what he's doing either then huh?

let us know when you design the perfect turbo kit. Oh wait, you don't know much about turbo kit design. I'd venture to say Tim from Speedforce and Turbonetics has forgotten more about turbocharging then you are likely to ever know. Perhaps you can now move one with your life and stop wasting database space with your blathering. It's really getting rather mundane.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
JETPILOT

I know more about it then Turbonetics. I fixed their mistake. I don't know Tim or anything about his Turbo kit but hat is less than optimal mounting position.

I guess Turbosmart are a bunch of idiots then as well.

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.p...ownload&id=157

JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-30-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i guess some of your dislike for example like with Ed, you can PM him personally and keep some other threads clean rather than the way you are approaching things in your "crusade" to bash TN.
I would discuss this via PM with him but I simply can not fix or cure stupidity....
Old 05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Who's pwmd.... looks like IIQUICKSILVERII is just an uninformed as you are MIA.

Greddy has a straight shot to the wastegate. It rejoins the exhaust at 90 degrees which is unimportant. The turbo is 90 degrees to gas flow.

Thanks for the playing!

JET
Interesting point you make here Jet. The TURBO is 90 to gas flow. By your statements we should assume that this is less then ideal. Whether it be the turbine or wastegate you are still trying to make gas flow into and subsequently out of it. Why is the Greddy so much better? It doesn't place the wastegate 90 to flow but it does for the turbo. How is this not "as bad" of a design. Please enlighten us with your infinite knowledge of turbo kit design. It seems to me and everyone else you are saying that being 90 to gas flow is a severe flow/performance issue. If thats the case why would you buy a kit that puts the gas flow to the turbine at such a "poor" angle? So if the wastegate being at 90 makes it over boost does that mean that your Greddy kit is going to "under" boost. Please share this intimate knowledge with the rest of us.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
taurran

Someone's motor went due to "overboosting" prior to the wastegate relocation? That's news to me.... I ran without it for almost 2 years and was just fine.

Anyway, quit fuking up my thread with this garbage, Jetpilot. You and I know you have NO reason to blame your issues on Turbonetics.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

I know more about it then Turbonetics. I fixed their mistake. I don't know Tim or anything about his Turbo kit but hat is less than optimal mounting position.

I guess Turbosmart are a bunch of idiots then as well.

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.p...ownload&id=157

JET
Yes I'm sure you know much more then both Tim and Turbonetics about turbocharging a motor. So much more in fact that I'm dancing in anticipation of you explaining why a turbine being at 90 is any better. It seems to us you are implying that because something is at 90 it will not recieve an adequate portion of exhaust flow and or will not properly relieve said flow. Well the Greddy turbines are at 90 degrees to exhaust gas flow. Does this mean the turbine is recieving less then adequate flow as well? I'm amazed you would buy such a kit. BTW YOU fixed the wastegate issue? Have you EVER worked on your own car? I find it interesting how YOU could fix an issue on a car YOu have never worked on. BTW love the pdf. In each little boneheadagram it shows the turbo at the end of the manifold. Roughly where the Greddy wastegate. According to that your wastegate is getting the optimum gas flow. But your turbine IS NOT. Please explain.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 05-30-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Interesting point you make here Jet. The TURBO is 90 to gas flow. By your statements we should assume that this is less then ideal. Whether it be the turbine or wastegate you are still trying to make gas flow into and subsequently out of it. Why is the Greddy so much better? It doesn't place the wastegate 90 to flow but it does for the turbo. How is this not "as bad" of a design. Please enlighten us with your infinite knowledge of turbo kit design. It seems to me and everyone else you are saying that being 90 to gas flow is a severe flow/performance issue. If thats the case why would you buy a kit that puts the gas flow to the turbine at such a "poor" angle? So if the wastegate being at 90 makes it over boost does that mean that your Greddy kit is going to "under" boost. Please share this intimate knowledge with the rest of us.
WRONG... becasue with the wastegate closed there is no choice for which path the gas is going to flow. It's going through the turbo ... PERIOD.

Come on Rob... your smarter than this.

90 degree wastegate mounting is rediculous. If you get away with it your lucky. Turbonetics wasn't! With the wastegate open the gas obviosly will follow the path of least resistance. IT HAS A CHOICE. With the Turbonetics mounting and a free flowing exhaust the path of least resistance is through the trurbo not the wasteagate. For someone one your knowledge this should be ovbvious.

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
JETPILOT

Work on my car... that's an assinine comment. Ask Quadcam or anybody who knows me and has seen my car on jackstands in my driveway. I cannot weld so I had someone else weld the pipe together for me.

Andrew.... "Hey.... Larry... You removing that turbo agian?????"

Me.... "Yeah I am!"

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
MIAPLAYA

WRONG... becasue with the wastegate closed there is no choice for which path the gas is going to flow. It's going through the turbo ... PERIOD.

Come on Rob... your smarter than this.

90 degree wastegate mounting is rediculous. If you get away with it your lucky. Turbonetics wasn't! With the wastegate open the gas obviosly will follow the path of least resistance. IT HAS A CHOICE. With the Turbonetics mounting and a free flowing exhaust the path of least resistance is through the trurbo not the wasteagate. For someone one your knowledge this should be ovbvious.

JET
Explain to me how an open gate leading past the turbine blades and out of the car is NOT the path of least resistance? The turbine blades themselves are resistance so it seems that opening a valve that diverts gas around them would be the path of least resistance regardless of its angle. At any rate I'm getting bored of this. How bout you do us all a favor and move on. No one wants to hear it from you anymore.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by taurran
Someone's motor went due to "overboosting" prior to the wastegate relocation? That's news to me.... I ran without it for almost 2 years and was just fine.

Anyway, quit fuking up my thread with this garbage, Jetpilot. You and I know you have NO reason to blame your issues on Turbonetics.
You're dillusional !

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
taurran

You're dillusional !

JET
I think you are. Go dig me up some proof of a motor that was blown directly due to "overboost". I'll concede then.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
JETPILOT

I have one answer for this..... TURBONETICS WASTEGATE RELOCATION PIPE. They obviously agreed moving the wastegate was a really really good idea. Eh?

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
taurran

I have one answer for this..... TURBONETICS WASTEGATE RELOCATION PIPE. They obviously agreed moving the wastegate was a really really good idea. Eh?

JET
Yes, after Kelly's 10+ page thread discussing the issue. There was no blown motor that prompted it.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 PM
MIAPLAYA

JET
Still have yet to hear your explanation. Or why it doesn't happen with no exhaust bolted up at all. I'm out of this thread. You clearly have a vendetta and quite frankly no one cares for your frequent and unwelcomed grandstanding. Apparentely in your warped mind you know more about turbo kits then Speedforce Racing or Turbonetics which is laughable at best. Why don't you quit approachng troll status and move on.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:23 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Still have yet to hear your explanation. Or why it doesn't happen with no exhaust bolted up at all. I'm out of this thread. You clearly have a vendetta and quite frankly no one cares for your frequent and unwelcomed grandstanding. Apparentely in your warped mind you know more about turbo kits then Speedforce Racing or Turbonetics which is laughable at best. Why don't you quit approachng troll status and move on.
Approaching? I think he's already earned the title SUPER TROLL.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
JETPILOT

Why don't you take your "Defend til the end" mentalllity and move on. It's pretty obvious you have an agenda and an interest in keeping Turbonetics in good light here on the board. And for that reason we will forever be at odds. Enjoy your free turbo kit Rob. Your on their payroll! I'm a customer and this is my story. It's amazing how you think you can put some polish on a turd!

Taurran.... amazing! Your on the payroll as well!

Check the classifieds for all the Turbonetics kits being sold! I guess everyone loves then so much!

JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-30-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:30 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Ed just PMD you.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
taurran

Why don't you take your "Defend til the end" mentalllity and move on. It's pretty obvious you have an agenda and an interest in keeping Turbonetics in good light here on the board. And for that reason we will forever be at odds. Enjoy your free turbo kit Rob. Your on their payroll! I'm a customer and this is my story. It's amazing how you think you can put some polish on a turd!

Taurran.... amazing! Your on the payroll as well!

Check the classifieds for all the Turbonetics kits being sold! I guess everyone loves then so much!

JET
Why don't you take your "Attack til the end" mentalllity and move on. It's pretty obvious you have an agenda and an interest in keeping Turbonetics in bad light here on the board. And for that reason we will forever be at odds. Enjoy your Greddy turbo kit Jet. Your a sore loser! I'm a customer and I realize that you won't get good service if you're an a$$hole. It's amazing that you could cause your own problem with your kit and blast it to no end!

Jetpilot.... amazing! Your a lame no-life troll as well!

Check the classifieds for all the Greddy kits being sold! I guess everyone loves then so much!

TAURRAN
Old 05-30-2007, 04:36 PM
taurran

The above was copied entirely with 3rd grader spelling and grammar mistakes.

Quick Reply: taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST