Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
I would say it is more of a longevity concern than an upgrade.
ahh.. ok.. i thought it was because people didn't feel the need to let their cars cool off before shutting down the engine.. if its on a longevity of turbo life concern then i appologize.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
redline350ZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
ahh.. ok.. i thought it was because people didn't feel the need to let their cars cool off before shutting down the engine.. if its on a longevity of turbo life concern then i appologize.
In some as well as my case, all those precautions didn't matter.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by doug
upgrading to a watercooled turbo is a waste of money
Maybe but it's my money. First off... Watercooling could lower bearing temps but more than a few hundred degrees below oil cooling alone which might in it's self be enough to save the seals from "Potential" failure. To me I place value in having some peace of mind that I have one less thing to worry about. Same reason I pay insurance every damn month to drive my Z from point A to B. Some would call that a waste of money too until you end up needing it.
So instead of making the statment "watercooled turbo is a waste of money" how bout you just say "watercooled turbo is a waste of money to me because I'm an idiot that like to make idiotic statments without supporting facts". Then perhaps your post would have made more sense... Considering.

Second... This just goes to show that the guys at Turbonetics are still working to improve their product line and support. How many repersentitive from Greddy, APS, PE, or HKS are online with us day after day listening to complaints about their product and trying to offer solution before having ship it back for warranty work? Short answer... NONE
How many of the above mentioned companies have helped a customer out even AFTER their warranty period had lapsed (JET- But don't ask him to admit it )? Again... NONE.

Fact of the matter is that I pretty much made the choice to purchase and install this kit over the others BECAUSE I knew I would receive the product support I may come to need in the future. Again.... Not a waste of my money.

The word of the day is.... INSURANCE

Main Entry: in·sur·ance
Pronunciation: in-'shur-&ns, 'in-"shur-
Function: noun

Meaning: ( In case **** Happens )

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 05-30-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paying for anything Turbonetics makes is a waste of money. Pull your head out of your @ss. They should send everyone watercooled bearing housings for free as it is obvously required to keep their oil seals intact. Like when they ****ed up the wastegate mounting and blew peoples motors to pieces and created that piece of sh*t wastegate relocation junk. You sound like an idiot being so happy they are going to let you PAY for a watercooled bearing section. Lucky you!

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Paying for anything Turbonetics makes is a waste of money. Pull your head out of your @ss. They should send everyone watercooled bearing housings for free as it is obvously required to keep their oil seals intact. Like when they ****ed up the wastegate mounting and blew peoples motors to pieces and created that piece of sh*t wastegate relocation junk. You sound like an idiot being so happy they are going to let you PAY for a watercooled bearing section. Lucky you!

JET
you are too bitter man
you one shlt experience (in which you admint no fault on your own) means nothign since its just you, compared to the many good experiences poeple have had.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
IIQuickSilverII

You can suck my *****!

JET

as alwasy insulting when you have nothign else to say... stop acting like a little girl, all sensistive because i called you bitter
Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
JETPILOT

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 PM
IIQuickSilverII

JET

Jet->

lol
Old 05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
JETPILOT

Ouch.... I'd have to bring your mother into it to get you back for that kind of pain you have wrought on me!

You mother is soooooo ugly....... no never mind!

JET
Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone calm down
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Everyone calm down

lol np i was calm anyways ...
Old 05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
MIAPLAYA

JET
Care to explain to me how their wastegate routing blew everyones motor? Turbonetics designed the kit around the stock exhausts but even tested no less then 5 aftermarket exhausts and had no issues. Only certain exhausts have exhibited an issue with overboosting. Regardless of this Turbonetics sent all the customers corrected piping at no cost to resolve this issue. But in the end the issue was created when the END USER switched his exhaust to something else. Tell me this, how many aftermarket compaines turbo kits were tested on every possible exhaust combination. In fact how many were tested with anything but stock or THAT companies exhaust system. NONE. Not one single set up. Turbonetics tested stock, Nismo, 2 Apexis, and 2 Tanabes. Thats already more exhausts then ever other company combined tested with prior to release. I think everyone on this board is MORE then aware of your opinion on Turbonetics and we certainly don't need to hear it 20 times per thread. You moved with kits now move one with the attitude. We're all sick of hearing it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:22 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by Ed 718
I'm still checking on this guys so please be patient with me. I wil find out if we can get a solid price on this upgrade if at all possible and what else needs to be done.
Sweet
Old 05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I think everyone on this board is MORE then aware of your opinion on Turbonetics and we certainly don't need to hear it 20 times per thread. You moved with kits now move one with the attitude. We're all sick of hearing it.

yeap he is biased against TN... regarless of whos fault it is....its tiring to hear him cry over it "20 times" per thread as you put it.
thats all i meant to say to him, not to insult him or anything... I mean ok Jet you had a bad experiecne but you already moved on turbo kits...so let the hate go already
Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

interested as well in the water cooled upgrade ED, not to mention upgrading to a 62-1 internals if possible... Please let us know. I have yet to install my kit because I was to have every little piece needed at hand and just drive the car down to Forged and Fly home.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Care to explain to me how their wastegate routing blew everyones motor? Turbonetics designed the kit around the stock exhausts but even tested no less then 5 aftermarket exhausts and had no issues. Only certain exhausts have exhibited an issue with overboosting. Regardless of this Turbonetics sent all the customers corrected piping at no cost to resolve this issue. But in the end the issue was created when the END USER switched his exhaust to something else. Tell me this, how many aftermarket compaines turbo kits were tested on every possible exhaust combination. In fact how many were tested with anything but stock or THAT companies exhaust system. NONE. Not one single set up. Turbonetics tested stock, Nismo, 2 Apexis, and 2 Tanabes. Thats already more exhausts then ever other company combined tested with prior to release. I think everyone on this board is MORE then aware of your opinion on Turbonetics and we certainly don't need to hear it 20 times per thread. You moved with kits now move one with the attitude. We're all sick of hearing it.
I'll tell you how..... don't mount a wastegate 90 degrees to gas flow and you won't have any issues with any exhaust EVER! Really really poor design. As soon as I had overboost I looked at the wastegate and said... BAM there it is. And everyone tried telling me I was wrong. So I fixed the problem myself.

It's great Turbonetics sent everyone overboost pipes like 6 months later, but motors went, and cost people a lot of money.

Now we have the issue of oil seal failures in a large number of turbo's due to heat. You told me 6 months ago Reggie was looking into sending me a water cooled bearing section. So why hasn't anything been done yet? Not for me... but for others. Rebuild everyones turbo's with water cooled bearing sections that has had problems and do it for free. Because turbo's shouldn't fail when run on synthetic oil, and cooled down properly before shutdown after 10,000 mi. or even less in my case.

It's not due to oil returning to spacers, or what weight oil your running, or oil pressure. It's about thermal failure. Don't sell people crap and tell them they are out of warranty and can't do anything. These are pre existing issues. And for that I takea giant sh*t o nTurbonetics every chance I get. Not to mention Ed being a pr*ck about my oil line.

Get used to it because I'm here to ***** until Turbonetics does right by it's customers. And again it's not me.... I'm done with them.

JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-30-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Get used to it because I'm here to ***** until Turbonetics does right by it's customers. And again it's not me.... I'm done with them.

JET

ok..i am fine... i got my kit with the relocation pipe so i had it rig the when i got it.. sorry you had that overboost issue. I must say 10psi overbooost is not that bad this days though with the latest tunes form the utec and the better understanding of the stock vq internals...still a problem for peeps with he reflash though. My turbo is also fine... but i didn't run it as much as you did but other have run it even more with no issues... so i guess besides the facts you point out which many i understand, regardless of that more than 90% of customers that i know are fine with no issues...

i guess some of your dislike for example like with Ed, you can PM him personally and keep some other threads clean rather than the way you are approaching things in your "crusade" to bash TN.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
MIAPLAYA

I'll tell you how..... don't mount a wastegate 90 degrees to gas flow and you won't have any issues with any exhaust EVER! Really really poor design. As soon as I had overboost I looked at the wastegate and said... BAM there it is. And everyone tried telling me I was wrong. So I fixed the problem myself.

It's great Turbonetics sent everyone overboost pipes like 6 months later, but motors went, and cost people a lot of money.

Now we have the issue of oil seal failures in a large number of turbo's due to heat. You told me 6 months ago Reggie was looking into sending me a water cooled bearing section. So why hasn't anything been done yet? Not for me... but for others. Rebuild everyones turbo's with water cooled bearing sections that has had problems and do it for free. Because turbo's shouldn't fail when run on synthetic oil, and cooled down properly before shutdown after 10,000 mi. or even less in my case.

It's not due to oil returning to spacers, or what weight oil your running, or oil pressure. It's about thermal failure. Don't sell people crap and tell them they are out of warranty and can't do anything. These are pre existing issues. And for that I takea giant sh*t o nTurbonetics every chance I get. Not to mention Ed being a pr*ck about my oil line.

JET
Not worth the time. Move on already. No one cares what you think..

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 05-30-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
IIQuickSilverII

pwnd

ok, me:

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-30-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
redline350ZZ

The reason I didn't buy a new Turbo was because there is no way at this time it can be guaranteed that a new one won't fail the same way the old one did. All the mentioned tips and recommendations didn't help me so I'm stuck.

Quick Reply: taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST