Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

GT Motorsports: Vortech S-Trim, FCon VPro, GTM Longblock, M/T Conversion *PICS!*

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!

Sam,

I'm especially impressed with the transmission swap. I didn't know that could be done... let alone be done that cleanly. I too have a 5AT on my 2006 G35 coupe and want to do a monster build on it someday (see my sig) for 800+ whp. I have often wondered if I should get SGP's complete auto tranny rebuild (because it's only one I've seen or heard of that is supposed to handle that much power) or whether I should think about getting a manual transmission equipped car instead.

Have you or can you also do an OEM looking swap on a '06 G35 coupe? Also, what are your thoughts about my above dilemma? Keep and build the auto, or swap for the manual? I'm torn.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Bump. ^^^?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
PalFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mraturbo
No stress Issa,

Never have had a bad experience with doing business with you. It was fun.

Not sure what your are talking about with regards to torque converter it says on your invoice it wasn't installed also we credited you for cams and your used Stillen Super Charger after you blew your motor.

Pretty fair deal.

The oil caps not sure of. Hope your car comes out to your satisfaction.

Good-luck.

M
I'm very happy it was fun 4u.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
DMK

Originally Posted by DMK
Really nice and clean. Thats the exact same setup I hope to be running very soon. Could you guys possibly overlay a 2.87 graph of a regular SQ-Trim against that S-Trim? I just want to see the difference in power at the relative rpm levels.

Also, where did you guys get the extra green pulley and bolt? Part #'s? Does the bracket need to be removed for the install? And it looks like you guys reused the stock pipe for the new intercooler. Could you please PM me a price for the intercooler setup. Do you guys do in-house ECU flashes as well? Thanks.
Bump for Sam or George.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

great work that car is sick
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMK
Bump for Sam or George.
Hey DMK,

Sorry we missed your questions.
Really nice and clean. Thats the exact same setup I hope to be running very soon. Could you guys possibly overlay a 2.87 graph of a regular SQ-Trim against that S-Trim? I just want to see the difference in power at the relative rpm levels.
Currently we do not have any dyno sheets for the S-Trim and T-Trim with 2.87 pulley on both, This car will be getting a T-Trim in the next few weeks we will post the results and overlay.

Also, where did you guys get the extra green pulley and bolt? Part #'s?
Give us a call at the shop and we can sell you a kit.

Does the bracket need to be removed for the install?
No.

And it looks like you guys reused the stock pipe for the new intercooler. Could you please PM me a price for the intercooler setup.
PM Sent

Do you guys do in-house ECU flashes as well? Thanks.
Yes! We do offer in-house GTM Spec ECU Flashes.
Hope this helps,

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Very nice!

Sam,

I'm especially impressed with the transmission swap. I didn't know that could be done... let alone be done that cleanly. I too have a 5AT on my 2006 G35 coupe and want to do a monster build on it someday (see my sig) for 800+ whp. I have often wondered if I should get SGP's complete auto tranny rebuild (because it's only one I've seen or heard of that is supposed to handle that much power) or whether I should think about getting a manual transmission equipped car instead.

Have you or can you also do an OEM looking swap on a '06 G35 coupe? Also, what are your thoughts about my above dilemma? Keep and build the auto, or swap for the manual? I'm torn.
Rude G,

Sorry for the delay to respond to your questions, didn't mean to overlook it.

We can do a transmission swap on your 06 Coupe as if were from the factory. Only way to tell would be from the dash (since the autos have a LCD display for gear) Everyone we have done a MT swap for has not regretted it.

We are going to be introducing our GTM Spec Automatic Transmission sometime this week. We have two cars that we are testing the GTM transmissions in, One was 400rwhp and the other with a 4.24L stroker kit has the potential to make 800rwhp.

We will see and happens with our testing and then you can decide if you would like to build your A/T or swap in a 6M/T. The feeling of a 6MT car is great though

Keep checking our threads for updates on the A/T Build up.

Hope this helps,

Sam

GT Motorsports
Old 06-26-2007, 01:01 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

sam do you ever sleep
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by r0mey
sam do you ever sleep
sleep? this is my lunch break right now

You sleep when you die

Sam

GT Motorsports
Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

lol thats the same thing julian told me when he visted that you were up all kinds of late but hey it pays off sam thanks for everything again im off 2 sleep b4 work in 3 hrs
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM
DCK

I have a '06 z and i was interested in how much his supercharger set-up would cost on a Z
~st3v13

Last edited by DCK; 06-27-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Rude G,

Sorry for the delay to respond to your questions, didn't mean to overlook it.

We can do a transmission swap on your 06 Coupe as if were from the factory. Only way to tell would be from the dash (since the autos have a LCD display for gear) Everyone we have done a MT swap for has not regretted it.

We are going to be introducing our GTM Spec Automatic Transmission sometime this week. We have two cars that we are testing the GTM transmissions in, One was 400rwhp and the other with a 4.24L stroker kit has the potential to make 800rwhp.

We will see and happens with our testing and then you can decide if you would like to build your A/T or swap in a 6M/T. The feeling of a 6MT car is great though

Keep checking our threads for updates on the A/T Build up.

Hope this helps,

Sam

GT Motorsports
Thanks Sam!

That's awsome that you guys will also be offering your own automatic transmission upgrade. I look forward to seeing the info on it.

I'm still torn though as to whether I should build the A/T or get the M/T swap. I guess I'm trying to figure out the pros & cons of either setup. I'm thinking the A/T would be better for daily driver and possibly at the drag strip, but was wondering which you think is better for overall performance.

Also (I hope this isn't a dumb question), but can you take advantage of all of the F-Con's features, specifically 2-step launch, with an A/T? I read your (or George's) thread a while back that discussed the additional features of the VPro, including 2-step launch and flat shift. George's video of the 2-step launch feature on that G35 was sick!!! I think this would be a major factor in helping me decide which transmission to go with.

Thanks again. Your responses have always been helpful and I appreciate it. Your informative threads, posts, and responses have been very beneficial in helping me plan my build project. I can't wait to see your website up and running! I look forward to your response to the above.

--Eric
Old 06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

this built auto tranny wouldnt happen to be in a g35 would it.. one of us SAMs club members (lol) over at g35driver. and soon to be in dsport?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by paranormal
this built auto tranny wouldnt happen to be in a g35 would it.. one of us SAMs club members (lol) over at g35driver. and soon to be in dsport?
<-----Another Sam's Club member from G35Driver!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:29 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Bump for Sam's response to post #52.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 AM
Ghost_shift

Awsome install. I want mine done now.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Saturday afternoon bump
Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks Sam!

That's awsome that you guys will also be offering your own automatic transmission upgrade. I look forward to seeing the info on it.

I'm still torn though as to whether I should build the A/T or get the M/T swap. I guess I'm trying to figure out the pros & cons of either setup. I'm thinking the A/T would be better for daily driver and possibly at the drag strip, but was wondering which you think is better for overall performance.

Also (I hope this isn't a dumb question), but can you take advantage of all of the F-Con's features, specifically 2-step launch, with an A/T? I read your (or George's) thread a while back that discussed the additional features of the VPro, including 2-step launch and flat shift. George's video of the 2-step launch feature on that G35 was sick!!! I think this would be a major factor in helping me decide which transmission to go with.

Thanks again. Your responses have always been helpful and I appreciate it. Your informative threads, posts, and responses have been very beneficial in helping me plan my build project. I can't wait to see your website up and running! I look forward to your response to the above.

--Eric
Hey Eric,

Seems like we keep missing your questions! Sorry about that. Now as far as which upgrade to go with there are a few things we have to look at:

Built A/T:

We don't know if it will hold 800rwhp since we have not tested it at that power level yet. Our A/T build is different than the others available and is stronger. Its up to you if you want to be the first to test its strength in a 800rwhp application. I am confident that 500-600rwhp won't be a problem but again it has not been tested to such high power levels, YET.

The FCon features you mentioned such as 2 step launch control and Flatshift will not work with a A/T since they are designed to work with M/T cars. (You can't really bounce off the pre-set rev limiter with the car in "D" )

M/T Swap:

The feel of a M/T will be enough reason alone for myself to go this route. Even if there was a A/T built to handle the big power I would still go with a 6MT and GTM Spec Exedy Carbon Clutch any day. This is preference of course. Most drag racers that use autos for drag racing do not use your standard A/T that the car comes with. Most throw in a TD400 or something of the sort and gear it for drag racing only, Therefore it is not too much fun around town or on the highway.

My conclusion would be for you to go with a M/T swap, at the end of the day you will be happy and have a reliable setup that is proven most of all. Especially if you want big power.

I hope this helps if you have any other questions let me know and I can PM you my cell number to further discuss.

-George
GT Motorsports

Last edited by GTM; 06-30-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thanks George!

That clarified a lot for me. M/T swap sounds like the better choice for what I want to do. Gotta have that 2-step launch.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:10 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks George!

That clarified a lot for me. M/T swap sounds like the better choice for what I want to do. Gotta have that 2-step launch.
2-Step FTW! You saw my video...

Let me know if you need anything else!

-George
GT Motorsports

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports: Vortech S-Trim, FCon VPro, GTM Longblock, M/T Conversion *PICS!*