Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

My "Z33Art" Custom Supercharger Build *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
OK looks like I have the box of parts I ordered for the PS pump plumbing here.

Punch in these part numbers at summit to see them.

At first I tried RUS-648060, this is the one that went in too far and pushed open the relief valve. I am sure the extra part could have been trimmed off, but I had another fittign I ordered to try as well that worked just fine. It was RUS-670531.

I am 90% that is the one I ended up using. IIRC, it still threaded very deep, and without the stock sealing washer it was going to bottom out before getting tight. It might have bottomed out when torqueing it, but it sealed up with no leak at all.

From here, just use -6 stuff. I used the Russel endura steel fittings since I believe PS pressure is super high inbetween the pump and the rack, not sure how high, but I used the stronger stuff just in case.

I cant remember what I threaded into the rack, it might have been the same fitting, but I dont recall. Actually I think it was different, you will have to check the threads.

Russel has a decent price hose for use with the endura fittings that is rated for PS use. IIRC, it was some type of compression ferral setup in those hose ends for that specific hose. Peek on their website.
Thank Charles!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:19 PM
krnzzang84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!! keep up the awesome work!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Quamen

Phunk-

I am assuming that you were speaking of this braided hose: http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...steering.shtml

And these fittings:
http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...owerflex.shtml

Will -6 be big enough?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-01-2008, 08:29 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

those fittings are it for sure. as for the hose, probably.. but mine didnt have anything printed on the braiding. i used -6, works perfect.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by phunk
those fittings are it for sure. as for the hose, probably.. but mine didnt have anything printed on the braiding. i used -6, works perfect.
Thanks bro.

I think that I am going to use those fittings and hose but I am going to cut the hard line off at the boss and weld -6an fitting on over the hole.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Quamen

So I have the fittings figured out for the oil return to the block on the supercharger but I am struggling to find any more info/suppliers on the fitting listing in the Vortech parts list as "FTG, 1/8NPT FEMx1/8BSPT MALE".

I know what it is, and I am assuming that this is what adapts the oil pressure sensor port to the T fitting but I can't seem to find the fitting.

Does anyone know where I can get this fitting?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Quamen

Looks like as of today my project will be on hold for 45 days. I will still be doing the supply/return oil line for the SC and mounting the radiator, but I will be in the absence of my volute/impeller and will not be able to mount my intercooler or make my piping.

I still have plenty to do in that time and this delay will be well worth it...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 AM
THE TECH

Looks great!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Quamen

All my coolant system fittings have now come in.

Power steering fittings, supercharger oil return fittings and power steering hose are now on their way.

I am hopping to make the radiator mounts on Sunday. Working overtime this week at my day job unfortunately and I have to take some time Friday to measure the Porsche 928 intake manifold flange on a Coordinate Measuring Machine so I can make the CAD drawing.

In regards to the 928 manifold, the stock manifold has been measured and made in SolidWorks. From there it was put into FlowWorks and the results show that there can be a large amount of gains from redesigning it. The air velocity and distribution were significantly higher in the rear two cylinders.

Once I get the work space measured I will finish making a scale model of the new manifold which will then be put into FlowWorks to start playing with runner length, diameter, taper and also plenum profile.

Sorry that I don't have pictures of progress yet.

Other than that, my volute and impeller have been sent out to be measured also...
Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
blkness

amazing build good luck.... and I thought I had crazy solidworks skills.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Quamen

Took off the banjo fitting for the power steering pump and cut the hard line. Good news is that a weld on -6an fitting from jegs has just the right ID to fit over the OD of the stub of hard line I left. This will allow a smooth stransition and prevent pressure build up. On top of that it will allow me to have a good weld around the fitting.

Last edited by Quamen; 01-12-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
cbr900son

Man cant wait till ur finally running.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by cbr900son
Man cant wait till ur finally running.
Well I should be up and running by mid to late spring so it is not that far off.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Quamen

Update

Engine bay pic:

Thermostat housing:

Powersteering Hardline figured out (bad pic):

Rear coolant pipe:

Everything nice and lined up:

SC Oil return/feed:

One hell of a stiff bracket:

Old 01-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Quamen

Finally finished the next 928 supercharger kit for the engine setup that was only out for a year and a half. This car has been an absolute pain and has taken tons of time to design due to the many space limitations. It is not ment for high boost but was designed to satisfy those guys with this year of car that can't supercharge it until now.

We used the same blower that we used on our Ferrari kit. The Raptor supercharger is different then most of the superchargers out there in that it has a more turbo inspired impeller which is quite small. It only flows 750 CFM so it is by no mean a big dog and 400whp would be about the limit of the blower.

However, when we got the car tuned it was amazing!!! Car dynoed 249whp stock and hit 317whp.... at just over 3.5psi!!!! The only thing is that the boost gauge is hooked up to the pipe pre-throttle body so we are only talking about 2psi in the manifold. Either way the gains were good for how low the boost is.

However, the best part is that the blower acts very much like a turbo with how boost hits. This is partially due in my opinion that we have it running in its effeciency range right now. At about 3800rpms boost hits hard like a turbo. Considering that this is a supercharger and that we are talking very low boost numbers we were extremely suprised at how the car feels.

When driving the tires broke loose in 1st and 2nd, no biggy, but in 3rd they held.... until 4500rpms and then unexpectingly broke loose. Overall it was a blast to drive and the fact that this is an old automtic made it even more suprising. Should have vids of this soon!!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Quamen

And possibly the best video of our 928 that I have ever seen!!!!

Turn your speakers up!!!!
http://media.putfile.com/Start-bottom-section
Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Weqster

sounds sweet
Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Quamen

You can here the tires light up and when they finally grip you can tell that we have a light weight flywheel. The thing is only 8lbs so there is no inertia to do long burnouts with big tires.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where u at on the SC build bro?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Quamen

Didn't get a chance to work on it this weekend. If anyone watched the Packers/Giant game last night they know it is freezing in Wisconsin.

I should be ordering my UTEC at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

I'm looking to make my radiator supports this upcoming weekend as this week I start my two last classes for my degree and won't be able to get anything done this week.

Other then that I have all the fittings I need now for the oil sender to the SC, the power steering and the coolant system so it should go quite quick once the radiator is mounted.

Once the coolant system is finished the only thing stopping me from starting the car is the fact that I don't have an impeller and I don't want the seals to fall out. Before I actually hook the supercharger up to the car I want to make sure that the oil system for it is working well and the return is done correct so oil doesn't come out the seal.

Quick Reply: My "Z33Art" Custom Supercharger Build *PICS*