Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah... I think Taurran is basically 'karma even'... but definitely not ahead.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I think some people owe Taurran an applogy after reading this thread.
No.. because it was him and a few others with the constant nut hugging and concealing the truth that caused alot of people to bring their cars to JT.. Craig only spoke up when he was out of straws and had no where else to go.. i appreciate that he brought the truth out.. but he should have brought it out a long time ago.. you want to appologize to someone.. START WITH MOTHA FCKN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I been calling JT on his **** ages ago.. even went toe to toe with Craig about it...

you want some other people to appologize to? Julian and Romey.. they all called JT on his **** too.. everyone called us haters
Old 11-06-2009, 11:57 PM
JETPILOT

You want me to appologize to you? Maybe I misunderstood that. I was never involved with any of this. I chose not to participate on the boards anymore a while ago because it was all getting out of control and I didn't want to be part of it.

You were right. Taurran did perpetuate some of this. When he eventually was ready to talk the fan club came out of the woodwork and blamed him for not forking over enough money and it being a custom job and all.

The point to all this is that we shouldn't fight amongst ourselves. It does exactly the opposite of what each person here is trying to accomplish. We all want to build fasdt cars ,and for many reasons the truth just won't be found on these boards becasue members here have decided to devide themselves into groups defined by their own experiences with shops. this starts wit hthe modertion and trickles down. Some mods also have their oown agendas and use the power they have to manipulate the truth and put their own spin on it. Who suffers? We all do because know one knows what the truth is. In addition one persons truth is not someone elses truth.

I'm on my third built engine now and a lot of very reputable shops here on the boards have touched it. What's the tuth about why I'm on my 3rd motor? No one will ever know because one shop blames it on another and ech shop tries to cover their own *** by concealing the truth.

I have never been a promoter of any shop. They have all done both good and bad jobs. The bad stuff is inexcusable and a result of sloppy work. They are all guilty of that.

The community here should be united in trying to get the truth not divided. Every shop I have ever been too has askeed me too sday something positive on the message boards as I'm sure others have also been asked the same. So shops are guilty of perpetuating this behavior.

A little moderation on this content can go along way. Some of the fan posts are straight provacative and serve no other purpose but to get attention be it good or bad.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 AM
doug

You want me to appologize to you? Maybe I misunderstood that. I was never involved with any of this. I chose not to participate on the boards anymore a while ago because it was all getting out of control and I didn't want to be part of it.
Whomever you feel should give Craig an appology needs to appoligze to me, rome and julian first.. that was my point

You were right. Taurran did perpetuate some of this. When he eventually was ready to talk the fan club came out of the woodwork and blamed him for not forking over enough money and it being a custom job and all.
Craig kept quiet because he was on the team.. when he got kicked off the team.. the team rebelled.. you make your bed.. you have to lay in it

The point to all this is that we shouldn't fight amongst ourselves. It does exactly the opposite of what each person here is trying to accomplish. We all want to build fasdt cars ,and for many reasons the truth just won't be found on these boards becasue members here have decided to devide themselves into groups defined by their own experiences with shops. this starts wit hthe modertion and trickles down. Some mods also have their oown agendas and use the power they have to manipulate the truth and put their own spin on it. Who suffers? We all do because know one knows what the truth is. In addition one persons truth is not someone elses truth..
what you consider fighting is the way alot of shady truth on this board is brought to light.. Everytime i was banned or called a douchebag for fighting usually came out with someone being called out for some B.S. and in the long run i proved i was right.. I don't 'fight' as you call it.. unless i feel strongly about something.. look at history of this forum.. VRT was ousted on a 'fight' ... Relentless was ousted on a 'fight' .. JT was ousted on a 'fight'
Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by doug
what you consider fighting is the way alot of shady truth on this board is brought to light.. Everytime i was banned or called a douchebag for fighting usually came out with someone being called out for some B.S. and in the long run i proved i was right.. I don't 'fight' as you call it.. unless i feel strongly about something.. look at history of this forum.. VRT was ousted on a 'fight' ... Relentless was ousted on a 'fight' .. JT was ousted on a 'fight'

However, we have a new mod in our midst that wants us all to be "civil" and is on a crusade with TOU #10.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-07-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 AM
JETPILOT

I think Craig kept quiet more out of hope JT would finish his car. I don't know I never spoke to him about it. But cutomers walked a fine line with JT trying to stay on his good side becasue you were at his mercy and the bad side was ugly.

I'm not really singling you out Doug. I don't really have an issue with you or what you do. It's the nuthuggers. I think it all really got rolloing with the "Forged Army" ********.

Every shop has their own club. I think it should be mandatory not to post about a shop experience until 6 mo after you got the car back. Lots of stories would change if that were the case.

Nutthuging workd for shops. That's the reason I started doing business with AAM, then Sharif, then JT.

The truth is that all this nuthugging kept me away from the truth and Japtrix. My best experience to date has been with Japtrix and for 4 years I followed the nuthuggers. Roger took care of me and my car and they took exceptional care with my car and fixed the mistakes previous shops made that were just done carelessly. Quadcam and I built andd installed my motor, but Japtrix finished up a few things for me and did the tuning.

For this engine build I went with a local machine shop who does top noth work. 2 guys touched my motor. The owner and another machinist. I had 2 previous motors built by GTM becasue of the GTM nuthuggers. All the wasted time and money on shipping the block and waiting when it all could have been done locally. Doing business face to face has it's benefits. Being handed a build sheet for you motor when it's completed with all the bearing clearances is a nice thing.

If the fanboys eased up stories like mine would be harder to come by. 5 years to get my car right. It's a shame.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 11-07-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:12 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

No.. because it was him and a few others with the constant nut hugging and concealing the truth that caused alot of people to bring their cars to JT.. Craig only spoke up when he was out of straws and had no where else to go.. i appreciate that he brought the truth out.. but he should have brought it out a long time ago.. you want to appologize to someone.. START WITH MOTHA FCKN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I been calling JT on his **** ages ago.. even went toe to toe with Craig about it...
you KNOW i couldnt agree more, ...many here incorrectly labed you a bullie and a hater

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-07-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Joe@Sage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1000000 Jet I went with J T because I let all the nut huggers lead me that way than when I tried to let the community know what a **** bag J T was when I was trying to get my car done right before he closed and had to pay the vendors directly because they would not send him the turbo kit and some other items and myself and my son got totally bashed.
Now my self, Zurita ,and others are out alot of time and money maybe if people were willing to listen instead of defending their favorite ----bag some of this could have been and can be avoided in the future .
Just like a couple of days ago I mentioned V T R what a good job vinny does I never said there was no other good shops around .Right away the 801 hp motor gets brought up what happened to it cricket, cricket all the ******** starts, that motor was in a shop car it had over a 100 dyno pulls on it tons of track time and it was pulled apart for R&D . The bearings that came out of that motor looked like the day they were installed .All I am saying is when it comes to VQ and 2JZ motors in my opinion vinny is one of the best builders out there I am not saying there are no other good shops he just has an amazing passion for what he does and he is the one that assembles each build.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:55 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

yeah, i think vinny is pretty good at what he does too. def has a lot of high whp builds
Old 11-07-2009, 06:27 AM
doug

I think Craig kept quiet more out of hope JT would finish his car. I don't know I never spoke to him about it. But cutomers walked a fine line with JT trying to stay on his good side becasue you were at his mercy and the bad side was ugly.

I'm not really singling you out Doug. I don't really have an issue with you or what you do. It's the nuthuggers. I think it all really got rolloing with the "Forged Army" ********.

Every shop has their own club. I think it should be mandatory not to post about a shop experience until 6 mo after you got the car back. Lots of stories would change if that were the case.

Nutthuging workd for shops. That's the reason I started doing business with AAM, then Sharif, then JT.

The truth is that all this nuthugging kept me away from the truth and Japtrix. My best experience to date has been with Japtrix and for 4 years I followed the nuthuggers. Roger took care of me and my car and they took exceptional care with my car and fixed the mistakes previous shops made that were just done carelessly. Quadcam and I built andd installed my motor, but Japtrix finished up a few things for me and did the tuning.

For this engine build I went with a local machine shop who does top noth work. 2 guys touched my motor. The owner and another machinist. I had 2 previous motors built by GTM becasue of the GTM nuthuggers. All the wasted time and money on shipping the block and waiting when it all could have been done locally. Doing business face to face has it's benefits. Being handed a build sheet for you motor when it's completed with all the bearing clearances is a nice thing.

If the fanboys eased up stories like mine would be harder to come by. 5 years to get my car right. It's a shame.
no offense larry.. but this sounds more about you and some personal **** than its about this thread and PF..

anyway.. Craig was nuthuggin and lying long before he started his monster build... so that whole keep quiet to get my car done only works for a short period of time
Old 11-07-2009, 08:19 AM
go-fast
Banned

everyone called us haters
i was objective
Old 11-07-2009, 08:24 AM
go-fast
Banned

I think Craig kept quiet more out of hope JT would finish his car.i'm with doug on this one,he made his bed I don't know I never spoke to him about it. But cutomers walked a fine line with JT trying to stay on his good side becasue you were at his mercy and the bad side was ugly.

you tell'em!.....my voice is hoarse

Last edited by go-fast; 11-07-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Wow JET... I didn't realize the extent of your ordeal. I agree with you and Joe@Sage that the nuthuggers/fanboys from the mentioned shops have held the community back and have cost some members lots of money.

I agree with the others though that Taurran was a huge nuthugger who made his bed and only turned on JT when it served his own self-interest.

As far as the build sheet you received... That's awesome and something that doesn't happen often enough in the VQ community.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-07-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

I'm glad to see you back, Larry!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:34 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

However, we have a new mod in our midst that wants us all to be "civil" and is on a crusade with TOU #10.
You can still be civil while exposing fraudulent business practices. In fact, if you maintain a level of civility, discussions are much more affective and the truth of what is happening will generally be arrived at much more quickly.

Present the facts, lay them out in a precise, logical manner, and a guilty party will usually be the first to lose his temper. Then you are in control and you have him by the b@lls.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:42 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
You can still be civil while exposing fraudulent business practices. In fact, if you maintain a level of civility, discussions are much more affective and the truth of what is happening will generally be arrived at much more quickly.

Present the facts, lay them out in a precise, logical manner, and a guilty party will usually be the first to lose his temper. Then you are in control and you have him by the b@lls.
Maybe that works all the time in Utopia, but my job experience and the history of the FI forum on my350z have proven otherwise.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-07-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 AM
JETPILOT

The only truth that I can really form from all my experiences with the forum and with vendors here is that most shops can do a great job on your car when they want to impress. They can equally do a shitty job and and do things half assed when they don't really care. 2 customers can have 2 very different experiences at the same shop.

But anyway back to the festivities....
Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Speqz

apologies also need to be made to customers out there whose cars have shoddy work done to them.

TBH, I never spoke about my issues because I saw another thread where a customer of PF was getting bashed for complaining. I headed a lot of warnings from people but, on the same token saw a lot of people praising and standing behind PF and JT, so I decided to send him my car. I am not complaining I made a decision to send him my car and now I am dealing with multiple issues relating to a poor installation and a really shitty tune.

Had I known what I know now I would not have sent my car to PF. People are entitled to post up facts about their experience without prejudice so others who visit the boards can make up thier own minds about dealing with a certain shop or parts, etc.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Joe@Sage
+1000000 Jet I went with J T because I let all the nut huggers lead me that way than when I tried to let the community know what a **** bag J T was when I was trying to get my car done right before he closed and had to pay the vendors directly because they would not send him the turbo kit and some other items and myself and my son got totally bashed.
Now my self, Zurita ,and others are out alot of time and money maybe if people were willing to listen instead of defending their favorite ----bag some of this could have been and can be avoided in the future .
Just like a couple of days ago I mentioned V T R what a good job vinny does I never said there was no other good shops around .Right away the 801 hp motor gets brought up what happened to it cricket, cricket all the ******** starts, that motor was in a shop car it had over a 100 dyno pulls on it tons of track time and it was pulled apart for R&D . The bearings that came out of that motor looked like the day they were installed .All I am saying is when it comes to VQ and 2JZ motors in my opinion vinny is one of the best builders out there I am not saying there are no other good shops he just has an amazing passion for what he does and he is the one that assembles each build.
I take it you are referring to me....

I made my comment in response to Alberto's statement.....I will repeat it again.....His comment was people with big builds on here that have things go wrong...they keep it a secret....they do not share it with the community.One of the reasons I am putting my build out there is because Alberto was correct in that statement he made....How could we call ourselves helping the community if you don't share info.

Then you came in here praising Vinneys shop like they never have something go wrong....and I made it clear to you that ever shop has something go wrong....if they say otherwise...they are a liar... Every shop on here has had a complaint against them....every shop... Are we to bash every shop when someone has something negative to say about them? NO....JZ made a great presentation about JT/PF...Doug had all the dirt...and so we took it from there.

Philthy once said...."Every shop makes mistakes...its how they correct that mistake that defines them.".....I am a firm believer in that statement.

I am one of the people that supported JT...why?? ...because at the time he was building fast cars...his customers were happy and I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt.....I trust them first until proven otherwise.

I have always been clear about the shops I support....Injected, FP, Protech, JTran, Intense, SP, GTM, SFR......If a customer in the west contact me....I send them to one of the westcoast shops ..and so on....So I guess I can be considered a multi shop nuthugger.

Doug contacted me and informed me what was up with JT....soon after that he joined up with Coach...someone I respect....so I just kept quiet hoping Coach could change him.

When you first came on here...you posted with some of the worst writing I have ever seen.....no one took you serious. If you had approached us the way JZ did...the outcome would have been different.

The first shop I supported on here is FP for obvious reasons. There are friends of mine on here that have issues with FP....I see them at ZdayZ....I talk to them on here...I have no isses with them....Whatever problems they have with FP...thats between them and FP..UNTIL they can present proof that FP rapped them. If FP does wrong...I will be the first to tell FP.

Larry/Jetplane made a comment that I can believe is true....matter of fact best statement to explain what could be an underlying issue with some shops on here.

The only truth that I can really form from all my experiences with the forum and with vendors here is that most shops can do a great job on your car when they want to impress. They can equally do a shitty job and and do things half assed then they don't really care. 2 customers can have 2 very different experiences at the same shop.
I put my entire experience with FP out there for everyone to see. I did not have to mention my crank issue...but I did to back up the claim that the UR pulley is bad for FI and will f up your crank. I mentioned that FP fixed it for free...my car was first built in 2007 and never had an issue when it had the 700bb. I drove the hell out of in on the road course. It never failed....Cooling fan issues with the fuses now and then....With the 850bb I had zero issues until on of the turbo's failed on the way to ZdayZ...but thats it. And BTW.... I have the build list for this new motor....it was balanced and blue printed with spec sheet....

Last point....Vinny is not a vendor on here...I dont give a **** how good or bad he is at building motors.....if he does something wrong ....it will be hard to hold him accountable....A shop thats not a part of this community would never see a G/Z of mine.

Last edited by XKR; 11-07-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Speqz
apologies also need to be made to customers out there whose cars have shoddy work done to them.

TBH, I never spoke about my issues because I saw another thread where a customer of PF was getting bashed for complaining. I headed a lot of warnings from people but, on the same token saw a lot of people praising and standing behind PF and JT, so I decided to send him my car. I am not complaining I made a decision to send him my car and now I am dealing with multiple issues relating to a poor installation and a really shitty tune.

Had I known what I know now I would not have sent my car to PF. People are entitled to post up facts about their experience without prejudice so others who visit the boards can make up thier own minds about dealing with a certain shop or parts, etc.
Well, some will say I should not comment because I am a customer of FP - I have spent nearly as much with FP as I have with GTM, and I respect Sharif. Anyways, I don't care, so I will post my opinion. [Edited]

It sounds to me like you were hesitent to post because you did not want to deal with the B.S., the bashing, etc., etc.

Please share your experiences. Please post facts in a precise, logical manner, and share your experience. If you desire, start a new thread. Regardless of how you choose to proceed, you deserve a chance to be heard. If anyone launches a personal attack in violation of Rule 10, I will delete those posts. You deserve to be heard without any form of personal attacks whatsoever. FP deserves a chance to present a rebuttle. Then you can respond to their rebuttle. That is the only fair way to do it.

Once again, if there are any posts with personal attacks, I will delete them. But Spegz deserves to be heard, as does ANYONE else with an issue with ANY other shop. People should not fear posting their experiences and their opinions in this forum for fear of reprisal in the form of personal attacks. Period.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane