Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Trust me when i tell you.. one of the cars that was done by Japtrix .. JT convinced the owner that Roger screwed up his car.. and it was best he had JT did his build.. that person had a APS TT Kit done at Roger.. when JT was done convincing him how much Roger screwed up.. he had a full build with F Con from JT.. that person alone Roger lost 20k..
How did that build turn out? Is he one of the happy JT customers or one of the unhappy ones?

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-11-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I stayed because it was JT's problem and he was going to fix it. I wasn't going to pay someone else AGAIN to fix something someone else was responsible for.
i see the reason why,but i don't agree with the reason why......i would have walked.

btwy how many people have had shop fans that didn't have issues?(seems to be a slanted percentage)
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 PM
go-fast
Banned

JT's strategy was to get people to think he was the only option for them.. for larry it was simply.. do i want to deal with this man? or will have to trailer my car back up to GA.. cost wise its easier to deal with the bullsh!t

if he doesn't show the customer any respect,how is he gonna treat the customers car?

the right thing to do is run......and tell!!
(i feel like a psa)
Old 11-12-2009, 04:10 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i do agre with you go-fast...and i am pretty sure JET did "kick himself in the nut over and over" for his decition to go back to JT, but being a bit fair to him in hindsight its much easier to say what the appropiate course of action should have been.

JET you should have come out with that info a long time ago though
Old 11-12-2009, 05:17 AM
MDHRZ

Where is JT now?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
How did that build turn out? Is he one of the happy JT customers or one of the unhappy ones?
he is the ultimate class act.. he won't say anything about it.. he doesn't post here anymore.. he stop posting on other car forums.. he just avoids everything.. he is also the one who JT blew two of his built motors.. but if you put him in a room with a gun to his head he won't tell you anything bad about JT.. He had told me long before that Sharif was one of his options for his build also..
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

are we/you talking about chris?

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-12-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 AM
doug

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
are we/you talking about chris?
i plead di fif
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

he is the ultimate class act.. he won't say anything about it.. he doesn't post here anymore.. he stop posting on other car forums.. he just avoids everything.. he is also the one who JT blew two of his built motors.. but if you put him in a room with a gun to his head he won't tell you anything bad about JT.. He had told me long before that Sharif was one of his options for his build also..
Well, he had a number of choices and made his decision. It's good that those of us building our motors have a number of options as far as builders/tuners go. It sounds like after talking to JT the guy had his mind made up, and evidently stuck with that decision even after the first built motor blew. I'm not sure if the information about JT was coming to light before he chose PF, but if so, he made a bad decision. If not, imo he was still taking a risk by dropping that kind of money with a brand new shop and a guy without a well proven track record.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I like that he is a 'class act' yet Jetpilot withheld information from the community. (Doug, you didn't say that, I'm just saying in general)

how does that work?

Last edited by Motormouth; 11-12-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Yes. Sharif had paid JT to install the oil baffle plate. There was no way I was going to go back up to GA to have an oil baffle plate installed when I had just been there a few weeks earlier.

The tune on my car from Forged performance was an aissue as well. Sharif tuned it to approx 450 whp at the time. He wouldn't tune it for more. Why? I have no idea. I had Greddy TT's with cams on a built motor. So I brought it to JT for a tune.

I had a problem with the way Forged Performance wired the GTM fans. The fans were wired to the fuel pump and whenever the fans were on the gas gauge was innacurate. I told Sharif about it and he didn't know what the issue was. JT couldn't figure it out what he did either. Japtrix had to rewire the fans so the fuel gauge wasn't affected and I had too pay for it again.

I see....

Originally Posted by go-fast
btwy how many people have had shop fans that didn't have issues?(seems to be a slanted percentage)
I agree...I was haveing problems with the fan when they were new....kept blowing fuses....after sharif hooked it to the F-con.....for some reason I never had a problem after that.

Last edited by XKR; 11-12-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Motormouth
Banned

XKR, did he rewire it's power supply or anything?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Motormouth
XKR, did he rewire it's power supply or anything?
When he first installed it ... It was on all the time...my understanding is all he did was hook up it the way the stock fan works....as far as I know the power was not rewired,... But after that I have not blown any fuses

(xkr knocks on wood)
Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 PM
doug

I like that he is a 'class act' yet Jetpilot withheld information from the community. (Doug, you didn't say that, I'm just saying in general)

how does that work?
its pretty simple.. i don't know Jetpilot.. the other person is like my brother.. i never tried to get the information out of larry.. i've tried to get it out of the other person

and the person in fact didn't hold information from the community.. he left the community

edit: totally read that wrong.. after reading what you wrote and what i wrote.. i may seem a bit defensive.. sorry about that

Last edited by doug; 11-12-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:56 PM
doug

Well, he had a number of choices and made his decision. It's good that those of us building our motors have a number of options as far as builders/tuners go. It sounds like after talking to JT the guy had his mind made up, and evidently stuck with that decision even after the first built motor blew. I'm not sure if the information about JT was coming to light before he chose PF, but if so, he made a bad decision. If not, imo he was still taking a risk by dropping that kind of money with a brand new shop and a guy without a well proven track record.
JT must be a pretty good sales person because he did the same thing to alot of other people who would have been at Japtrix
Old 11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
w0ady

or a ton more people jaded and out of the tuning scene after losing thousands of dollars, and losing faith in the honesty of the automotive scene.
and the person in fact didn't hold information from the community.. he left the community
+1000. the loss of people like him in our community is just as bad, if not worse, than the financial impact to me.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
JETPILOT

how does that work?
Good point! I missed that.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

JT must be a pretty good sales person because he did the same thing to alot of other people who would have been at Japtrix
Combine a good sales person with rock bottom, unsustainable pricing, and unfortunately people will all too often fall for it. Con men are everywhere and they are even able to convince really very bright people. Bernard Madoff and Kenneth Lay are examples of how good con men can be at fooling not only individuals, but entire institutions.

Shortly after I started my first build thread indicating I was working with Japtrix and Import Parts Pro, I received a PM from JT asking me to let him have a shot at quoting my build. Had I been 22 years old at the time, I probably would have given him a shot hoping to save a lot of money. I'm quite a bit older now, have been through a lot of life's experiences, and it rubbed me the wrong way. So I didn't.

But it didn't stop there. When I posted my first dyno graph in my build thread he made a post questioning the results of the Japtrix dyno. He even offered to give me a "free" dyno pull on his dyno to compare the Mustang dyno results with his dyno results. I was not interested. On the G35 forum I asked him to use that dyno time to let another person use it who also had run on Japrix's Mustang dyno, indicating that this would give him a base for comparison, and this person wanted to see the comparison. Of course, he wouldn't do so. It was all games.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-12-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
doug

Combine a good sales person with rock bottom, unsustainable pricing, and unfortunately people will all too often fall for it. Con men are everywhere and they are even able to convince really very bright people. Bernard Madoff and Kenneth Lay are examples of how good con men can be at fooling not only individuals, but entire institutions.

Shortly after I started my first build thread indicating I was working with Japtrix and Import Parts Pro, I received a PM from JT asking me to let him have a shot at quoting my build. Had I been 22 years old at the time, I probably would have given him a shot hoping to save a lot of money. I'm quite a bit older now, have been through a lot of life's experiences, and it rubbed me the wrong way. So I didn't.

But it didn't stop there. When I posted my first dyno graph in my build thread he made a post questioning the results of the Japtrix dyno. He even offered to give me a "free" dyno pull on his dyno to compare the Mustang dyno results with his dyno results. I was not interested. On the G35 forum I asked him to use that dyno time to let another person use it who also had run on Japrix's Mustang dyno, indicating that this would give him a base for comparison, and this person wanted to see the comparison. Of course, he wouldn't do so. It was all games.
yup... and thats why his time at AAM was short lived
Old 11-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Motormouth
Banned

I wonder what happened at AAM to be honest... what side broke, you know? I mean, AAM isn't know for really giving a crap about ethics of course.

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane