Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 AM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I was there when he did the work. I asked him if he needed the car for a day or two and he said just bring it up here I'm sure I can get it out no problem. Well it took more work than he thought it would.

The situation was JT didn't even aknowledge that I was there when I walked in the shop and stood there. I waited for about 1/2 an hour standing there while he worked on someone elses car before I said something and his reply was "I said hello do you want me to sing you a welcome song". He took the keys and went to work on the car. When he was done he drove the car outside and left it running with the keys in it and didn't say a single word to me and walked back inside like I had wasted his time. Meanwhile Quadcam and a few other people had also tried to get the dipstick out to no avail.

When I got home I parked the car in the garage and the last quart ended up on my garage floor within the hour.

So the situation was hostile. What was I supposed to do. If the silicone was going to fail he should have mentioned something to me and I would have gotten a hotel overnight.
see bold.........and then you let him work on your car?either you guy's are too nice or i'm not,but i would never put up with b.s. like that.he wouldn't have finished his "sing a song" reference before i lit into him and left.......and then told everyone i knew what an *** he was.

where you in shock?...like a deer in headlights?

(just trying to understand why you stayed)

Last edited by go-fast; 11-11-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:51 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I was there when he did the work. I asked him if he needed the car for a day or two and he said just bring it up here I'm sure I can get it out no problem. Well it took more work than he thought it would.

The situation was JT didn't even aknowledge that I was there when I walked in the shop and stood there. I waited for about 1/2 an hour standing there while he worked on someone elses car before I said something and his reply was "I said hello do you want me to sing you a welcome song". He took the keys and went to work on the car. When he was done he drove the car outside and left it running with the keys in it and didn't say a single word to me and walked back inside like I had wasted his time. Meanwhile Quadcam and a few other people had also tried to get the dipstick out to no avail.

When I got home I parked the car in the garage and the last quart ended up on my garage floor within the hour.

So the situation was hostile. What was I supposed to do. If the silicone was going to fail he should have mentioned something to me and I would have gotten a hotel overnight.

what a facking asshat.....
Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There for a while JT encouraged people to flame Japtrix. I asked Roger why he didn't respond, and he told me that he did not see PF as a threat and that there was no way it was going to survive very long once the truth came out. He was right.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
see bold.........and then you let him work on your car?either you guy's are too nice or i'm not,but i would never put up with b.s. like that.he wouldn't have finished his "sing a song" reference before i lit into him and left.......and then told everyone i knew what an *** he was.

JT's strategy was to get people to think he was the only option for them.. for larry it was simply.. do i want to deal with this man? or will have to trailer my car back up to GA.. cost wise its easier to deal with the bullsh!t

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
There for a while JT encouraged people to flame Japtrix. I asked Roger why he didn't respond, and he told me that he did not see PF as a threat and that there was no way it was going to survive very long once the truth came out. He was right.
that was a wrong assumption on Roger's Part.. for the 2 or so years JT stole business from Japtrix.. he put Roger out of alot of business and ability to move merchandise.. i would say about $400,000 worth (parts and labor) if i had to make a quick guess with the builds he did and parts he sold..
Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Motormouth
Banned

and JT probably barely made a profit.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^
which makes makes you LULZ at the fact that he then went bankrup with funkformance sacktory...basically just out of poor business management and dealing with his fockups... too many "friend" deals, etc

EDIT(to Motor - post below).
Yeah motor, dont think i don't see how he corrupted and basically trashed dreams of 350z enthusiasts
He is the one that made "DREAM THREADS" famous here

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-11-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Motormouth
Banned

but he corrupted the entire southern tuning scene. he took big jobs from other shops (remember his drift build and all that other crap he 'had in the works') as well as the small parts orders.

it's messed up!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by XKR
Larry..... Did you make Sharif aware of this before taking it to Jeremy?
Yes. Sharif had paid JT to install the oil baffle plate. There was no way I was going to go back up to GA to have an oil baffle plate installed when I had just been there a few weeks earlier.

The tune on my car from Forged performance was an aissue as well. Sharif tuned it to approx 450 whp at the time. He wouldn't tune it for more. Why? I have no idea. I had Greddy TT's with cams on a built motor. So I brought it to JT for a tune.

I had a problem with the way Forged Performance wired the GTM fans. The fans were wired to the fuel pump and whenever the fans were on the gas gauge was innacurate. I told Sharif about it and he didn't know what the issue was. JT couldn't figure it out what he did either. Japtrix had to rewire the fans so the fuel gauge wasn't affected and I had too pay for it again.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:20 AM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by go-fast

I stayed because it was JT's problem and he was going to fix it. I wasn't going to pay someone else AGAIN to fix something someone else was responsible for.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder what JT thinks of when he looks at his performance factory tattoo he has. ohh welll..
Old 11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by doug
that was a wrong assumption on Roger's Part.. for the 2 or so years JT stole business from Japtrix.. he put Roger out of alot of business and ability to move merchandise.. i would say about $400,000 worth (parts and labor) if i had to make a quick guess with the builds he did and parts he sold..
What business PF did get away from Japtrix likely was based on PF's pricing.
For example, there was one person who had a written quote from PF, but went to Japtrix with the quote and said that they would rather have the work done locally, but that Japtrix must meet PF's pricing. PF had quoted the guy a twin turbo install for $1,000. Roger was not willing to do it for that price, so the guy went to PF. A shop will not be able to keep its doors open for long working at those rates, as PF proved.

Also, I saw some of JT's posts and knew I would never do business with him. A lot of people didn't care, the just wanted cheap, and they ended up getting what they paid for.

Roger is a very humble person, and opted to compete on quality. He's still here, and has been for 18 years. PF isn't. Would Japtrix get more business if they participated more in the forum? I think so. Would getting into disputes with guys like JT help there business, I think not. I think it makes both shops look bad.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:19 PM
doug

For example, there was one person who had a written quote from PF, but went to Japtrix with the quote and said that they would rather have the work done locally, but that Japtrix must meet PF's pricing. PF had quoted the guy a twin turbo install for $1,000. Roger was not willing to do it for that price, so the guy went to PF. A shop will not be able to keep its doors open for long working at those rates, as PF proved.

Also, I saw some of JT's posts and knew I would never do business with him. A lot of people didn't care, the just wanted cheap, and they ended up getting what they paid for.

Roger is a very humble person, and opted to compete on quality. He's still here, and has been for 18 years. PF isn't. Would Japtrix get more business if they participated more in the forum? I think so. Would getting into disputes with guys like JT help there business, I think not. I think it makes both shops look bad.
JT also told past Japtrix customers that Roger screwed their cars
Old 11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
I wonder what JT thinks of when he looks at his performance factory tattoo he has. ohh welll..

Say it ain't so.........
Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Motormouth
Banned

you misunderstood.

if JT wasn't there, that guy would never have approached him with a 1k install quote and would have paid a more reasonable price for the work, resulting in work for japtrix.

it *is* possible this customer would not have been in the market otherwise, but it's doubtful. He would have just paid more to have it done right.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at it this way: whatever fck ups PF caused, is now more possible business for Japtrix.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:53 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Motormouth
you misunderstood.

if JT wasn't there, that guy would never have approached him with a 1k install quote and would have paid a more reasonable price for the work, resulting in work for japtrix.

it *is* possible this customer would not have been in the market otherwise, but it's doubtful. He would have just paid more to have it done right.
You are completely correct, and I don't dispute anything you are saying. But if one of your competitors is offering services at a significantly lower price, lower than you can afford to do it for, what do you do?

From my dealings with Japtrix, Roger explains what work is involved, what steps he takes to ensure quality, and let's you know that he is there to support you. He does not bad mouth his competitors, that's just not his nature. I didn't even learn about the example I described until long after we had become friends and I specifically asked him his thoughts on PF after JT had posted some comments in my first build thread. Even then, Roger didn't say anything negative about JT, but just stated that he did not think PF would remain in business for long because a shop cannot do work at those prices and stay in business. He thought that for them to stay in business at those prices, something was up and eventually the truth would come out. I don't think at that time he totally knew all of the shortcuts that were being taken, though. Nonetheless, he was right.

We can all speculate on what Roger should have done, or what we would have done if we were in his place, but the fact is that he has been in business for 18 years, has a very happy and loyal customer base, and continues to build great cars that people are happy with. Regardless of whether we like his business model, it is working for him and he is running his business how he thinks it should be run...

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-11-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
Look at it this way: whatever fck ups PF caused, is now more possible business for Japtrix.
or a ton more people jaded and out of the tuning scene after losing thousands of dollars, and losing faith in the honesty of the automotive scene. As Doug said, he syphoned off probably 400k worth of hard earned money, from both sides (customer and commercial market).

Last edited by Motormouth; 11-11-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Motormouth
or a ton more people jaded and out of the tuning scene after losing thousands of dollars, and losing faith in the honesty of the automotive scene. As Doug said, he syphoned off probably 400k worth of hard earned money, from both sides (customer and commercial market).
I just reviewed some of the threads related to PF. Notwithstanding Jzurita, Joe@sage, Tauren, Jetpilot, and some others, it does appear that PF did have quite a few happy customers. Maybe it was luck of the draw, I don't know.

It seems that the total amount of dollars lost/wasted by unhappy customers is likely going to be a fraction of the $400k amount, but still a significant amount of money. It would be interesting to have each unhappy PF customer post how much money they lost due to poor workmanship by PF, otherwise avoidable catastrophes caused by PF, etc.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
IIQuickSilverII

lol, so you are saying if you exclude the bad build threads, you are surprised to find only good builds left?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
doug

I just reviewed some of the threads related to PF. Notwithstanding Jzurita, Joe@sage, Tauren, Jetpilot, and some others, it does appear that PF did have quite a few happy customers. Maybe it was luck of the draw, I don't know.

It seems that the total amount of dollars lost/wasted by unhappy customers is likely going to be a fraction of the $400k amount, but still a significant amount of money. It would be interesting to have each unhappy PF customer post how much money they lost due to poor workmanship by PF, otherwise avoidable catastrophes caused by PF, etc.
well you can't look at the ones that have come forward.. i know 1 personally who lost 2 motors and even until this day he won't say anything about JT.. come to think of it.. all of JT's big builds were failures.. if not the majority of them..

second.. all those guys that were going to Japtrix for stock block FI.. vortech powerlab, greddy, aps... then you have the people who went to JT for simple tunes.. its ALOT OF money lost..

Trust me when i tell you.. one of the cars that was done by Japtrix .. JT convinced the owner that Roger screwed up his car.. and it was best he had JT did his build.. that person had a APS TT Kit done at Roger.. when JT was done convincing him how much Roger screwed up.. he had a full build with F Con from JT.. that person alone Roger lost 20k.. and that was Rogers customer first to begin with.. now you factor in the other people who heard about Roger that never did business with him and considered him... then you factor in the people who even took the time to go to Roger to compare prices.. then you factor in the people who never heard of Roger but may have if JT hadn't been around.. you're talking ALOT of money.. not a fraction of 400k

Last edited by doug; 11-11-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane