Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

GTM: never too late for another SC kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:24 PM
gabe3d

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Patty
hey gabe.
nice to hear some news from your latest project. not as usual this time less information about your activities. numbers seems to be another improvement over the supercharger setup. would be nice to see a little more details
The waiting kind of took out the "umphh" in my drive but after driving it last week, it's slowly coming back I'll give more details soon, but to appease a little bit of your curiosity here is the dyno from last week.

Name:  Gabe%20Baseline%2091%20Oct_zpsmagapui9.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  92.4 KB
Old 07-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Patty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
you'll not find much about the AAM Kit in a built Z or G. They came up with it really late. However I like the borg warner efr turbos and their headers. Nice integrated design, well for the narrow space conditions in a Z.

1st dyno, not bad. Torque bumps up at the bottom end, typically Turbo kind. Can imagine where this ends up with a proper haltech tune and e85.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:12 PM
the3kgt2

Great low end torque. I'm assuming this is a 91 tune and that the timing was pulled heavily after 6k rpm. Looks like you'll easily break 550hp with e85. Are you going to up the boost with the haltech tune?
Old 07-20-2015, 10:57 PM
gabe3d

Originally Posted by Patty
thanks
you'll not find much about the AAM Kit in a built Z or G. They came up with it really late. However I like the borg warner efr turbos and their headers. Nice integrated design, well for the narrow space conditions in a Z.

1st dyno, not bad. Torque bumps up at the bottom end, typically Turbo kind. Can imagine where this ends up with a proper haltech tune and e85.
I'm looking forward as well to see the result when we step it up a few notch. The boost solenoid should help even out the torque peakiness and hopefully make it driveable at higher power levels.

Originally Posted by the3kgt2
Great low end torque. I'm assuming this is a 91 tune and that the timing was pulled heavily after 6k rpm. Looks like you'll easily break 550hp with e85. Are you going to up the boost with the haltech tune?
You are right it's on 91 and we are looking to go quite a bit higher on the boost side.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:00 PM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Give the guy a break. How would you feel if you got screw out of $20,000 by GTM, Plus all the waisted time. Think about.

OK, so he bitches about it a lot......so what! I would too. I'd badmouth the guys all over the internet as much as I could. So that GTM does not screw over anyone else.

Fellow 350z members should back one another, so that we as a group have power against Vendors and manufactures like GTM.

Filing a Law Suit against GTM already in Bankruptcy will just waist more of his money and time.

This Fourm is for Support of other members. If we don't do that as a group we are powerless...... Remember that guys, for the time when you get screwed and need support.

TimRod
True statement for sure!.Put yourself in that guys shoes.How upset would you be?!?!
However, the way he's going about it and his rediculous grammer is another story........

Last edited by NissanZcrazy; 07-21-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:20 PM
gabe3d

Been meaning to give you guys some progress on this project and finally got some time to do it.

All of the GTM SC kit obviously came off the car and many OE parts had to be purchased to return the car to an OE like status for the AAM to bolt up correctly. It was expected but the extend of the parts needed was quite a surprise. As days goes by and as things comes off unveiling the work of GTM, i become more and more dissapointed in Sam and my decision to believe that people can change. When this project is complete i will, as promise, write a summary on my experience with GTM and close this thread.

As for the current status of the car, we simply just bolted on the AAM kit as-is meaning.
- 4.15L 11:1 engine
- Cosworth intake manifold
- 5 angle port/polish head with GTM stage 3 NA cams 302/292 11.5/11.0mm
- Motordyne XYZ Y-pipe
- Tanabe Medallion exhaust
- AAM EFR Twin Turbo kit
- Aquamist HFS3 with two pre FMIC injection
- Haltech with FlexFuel and boost solenoid

Fuel system had to undergo some changes due to some issues in it while tuning the Haltech with E85 so we had to get a new regulator, re-plumb, and new injectors (ID 1300). Still waiting on the latter and the project will resume.

I'm fully aware that the setup is not optimal on paper, but for the sake of money and time we'll just let it be and see how it all runs together.

FYI, the graph i posted a few weeks back is running on Uprev, no Aquamist and 91.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Z ELIMINATOR

"Spoke with arias today concerning new pistons."

do you have a # for arias and a contact person.
Im looking for pistons for my GTM stroker moter.
need 10.5. 1 pistons

Z
Old 09-05-2015, 03:25 PM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

i thought about getting a gtm supercharger for my hr but dunno if i wanna order directly from them or not.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by cincysilvias14
i thought about getting a gtm supercharger for my hr but dunno if i wanna order directly from them or not.
For the love of god! They are being sued by a million people because they have screwd every one and there mother. In other words they are no longer in business...
The following users liked this post:
cincysilvias14 (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 11:13 AM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by Conway_160
For the love of god! They are being sued by a million people because they have screwd every one and there mother. In other words they are no longer in business...
very true. but i hate the way the stillen charger is set up. I like the oem look that it has. buuuuuuut i think im sol with their kits....on to turbo(s)
Old 09-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

Not sure if really stupid or getting trolled
Old 09-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by cincysi
very true. but i hate the way the stillen charger is set up. I like the oem look that it has. buuuuuuut i think im sol with their kits....on to turbo(s)
Why not get a vortech?
Old 11-19-2015, 02:35 PM
the3kgt2

Gabe, just saw your car at ZCG while they were test driving it. It sounds great. Rob said he thinks your clutch was slipping on the dyno but you were pulling something like 580? Looking forward to updates.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:06 PM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by Conway_160
Why not get a vortech?
i want to keep the oem look. that gtm gave. the vortech requires the throttle bodies to be moved to one side. the oem intake mani seems to be holding up to boost much higher than what im looking for. unfortunately it seems like my only option is turbo
Old 11-24-2015, 04:23 AM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

i want to keep the oem look. that gtm gave. the vortech requires the throttle bodies to be moved to one side. the oem intake mani seems to be holding up to boost much higher than what im looking for. unfortunately it seems like my only option is turbo
As long as it isn't GTM, aka GAMMA motors, you may be ok.

AVOID THE NEW GTM RIPOFF (GAMMA MOTORS) BY SAM COKSUKAZAWAHARA!

GL
Old 12-03-2015, 02:48 PM
gabe3d

Originally Posted by the3kgt2
Gabe, just saw your car at ZCG while they were test driving it. It sounds great. Rob said he thinks your clutch was slipping on the dyno but you were pulling something like 580? Looking forward to updates.
Thanks, yeah we were putting down 580/580 on e30 but my car was spinning on the dyno so we are getting some new wheels and tires to continue on.

Really sad to see you parting ways with your car, hopefully you'll keep true to the nissan bloodline.

I'm contemplating selling the kit as a whole or parting it out. If you are interested then i can give you a killer deal on it. Let me know.
The following users liked this post:
cincysilvias14 (12-10-2015)
Old 02-05-2016, 10:37 AM
ogiehooker

Originally Posted by NissanZcrazy
True statement for sure!.Put yourself in that guys shoes.How upset would you be?!?!
However, the way he's going about it and his rediculous grammer is another story........
grammEr? LOL, look who's talking.....do you know the difference in their, they're and there?

"people in glass houses.....".
Old 02-07-2016, 05:05 AM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
grammEr? LOL, look who's talking.....do you know the difference in their, they're and there?

"people in glass houses.....".
so did/does gamma require their kits put on at their shop or can i just have the kit shipped to myself. or if im really desperate go and pick it up from them?
Old 02-07-2016, 06:32 AM
ogiehooker

Default gamma

If you want to deal with a known cheat, liar, thief, crook, go ahead...your
call.

Make sure the IC piping fits correctly, that the turbos are newer gtX models, that IF you choose external wastegates that the internal ones are welded CORRECTLY shut, that the steering coupler doesn't need modifications, that the instructions for the water cooling lines for the turbos are CORRECT...These are all issues I have had to deal with from their. kit.

DO NOT TRUST SAM COKSUKKA ZAWAHARA WITH YOUR MONEY...If you do purchase it, do it in person with some form of documentation...He WILL lie to you...been there, done that many times when dealing with him. He's a snake!

Last edited by ogiehooker; 02-07-2016 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:19 AM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
If you want to deal with a known cheat, liar, thief, crook, go ahead...your
call.

Make sure the IC piping fits correctly, that the turbos are newer gtX models, that IF you choose external wastegates that the internal ones are welded CORRECTLY shut, that the steering coupler doesn't need modifications, that the instructions for the water cooling lines for the turbos are CORRECT...These are all issues I have had to deal with from their. kit.

DO NOT TRUST SAM COKSUKKA ZAWAHARA WITH YOUR MONEY...If you do purchase it, do it in person with some form of documentation...He WILL lie to you...been there, done that many times when dealing with him. He's a snake!
trust me if gtm wasnt the only company to have a supercharger that doesnt require the removal of the oem intake and cover id easily avoid them.(for the hr motor) If i do go with a twin turbo system I am steering clear of them.

Quick Reply: GTM: never too late for another SC kit