Sponsored by:

Multi purpose gauge and oil pressure gauge not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Skinzy98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi purpose gauge and oil pressure gauge not working

Hi everyone,
so yesterday I replaced my head unit and everything went well .Scraped leaving my parents driveway, and got three check engine light codes afterwards ( lucky me&#128532 and today was driving the car no problem. Took my friend out for a ride and all of a sudden the pressure gauge just stopped working and so did the multipurpose gauge. The battery voltage still works .Any help? Super confused. Just replaced the oil pressure sensor last weem
Old 03-21-2018, 11:46 AM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Sounds like a wiring issue. Double check the work you did and check the connection to the gauges. You also wouldn't happen to know the codes?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:51 AM
Skinzy98

I'm gonna have to pull it back out tomorrow and check. Wondering if it has to do with me disconnecting the a/c amp?

I know One was
Dtc p0462
Dtc p=001
The other one had to do with high heat fuel sensor?? But my fuel level gauge is working just fine still which kinda negelects the code I was getting for the fuel level sensor voltage low.

Now when the oil gauge dropped, the oil light came on .Are they connected, or has something gone wrong with the sensor I just replaced and that's why I'm having issues?
Old 03-22-2018, 12:14 PM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

The oil light is based on the oil pressure sensor so the sensor could be bad or it could be a wiring problem shorting to somthing it shouldn't. The dtc codes also seem related to a wiring fault signal level low (shorted to ground?). Check your wiring. Sounds like somthing shorted or is disconnected.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Skinzy98

Ok so I went to advanced and cleared out all the codes. Only one that came back was for over advanced camshaft sensor. Replaced that, checked the cables leading to the ac amp, to make sure everything was plugged in right, and disconnected to neg post on the battery to try and reset the ECU to see if it would make the gauges work .weird thing is the gauges light up .The digital display one and the oil gauge just don't move or show numbers .the battery one still works. So I started the car, seems like the camshaft sensor one went away. The gauges still don't move though .and then when I cut the car off I got a dtc p0113 .so something weird is definitely happening .I keep getting errors or high or low voltage circuits .Could there be a harness that could be connected to all of these things causing it to throw the codes?
Old 03-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Skinzy98

One thing I've noticed, the gauges randomly stopped working while I was driving it. And I know they're ran through the a/c amp, so I checked that today and everything seemed fine and completely plugged in. Think maybe something went wrong on the a/c amp?
Old 04-22-2019, 03:31 AM
Zeus04

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the same issue happened to me today while driving. Did you come up with a solution ?

Originally Posted by Skinzy98
One thing I've noticed, the gauges randomly stopped working while I was driving it. And I know they're ran through the a/c amp, so I checked that today and everything seemed fine and completely plugged in. Think maybe something went wrong on the a/c amp?