Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rock auto brembo/akebono brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 10:55 AM
jcfetty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock auto brembo/akebono brake upgrade

Hello,

I know this has been asked many times the past 15+ years for the Z. I see you can buy reman brake kit off of rockauto. But to be honest, I have no idea what to get. I see many threads on what to get. But I’m still confused off the site. I have a 04 Z with the non brembo brakes. I want to upgrade for the look and just for daily driving.

If someone has time. Could you link or list me what parts to get off of rock auto to complete this brake upgrade?

thank you in advance.
Old 06-21-2024, 12:18 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 456 Likes on 370 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...l#post11085737
Old 06-22-2024, 01:17 PM
Aeneas137

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a set of brembo calipers from my '03 track edition, which is the sport brakes from that year. they're worth about $1,000. I have piston seal rubber but I think a couple of them need to be replaced. they came off of a running car and I had them Media blasted and powder coated red.

but if you want the best bang for your buck, you want 370Z sport calipers, the akebono models which you can get refurbished under the brand name of power stop, sold by AutoZone, etc. I picked up both front and rears for something like $180 a pair, ready to go. you can't beat the price. just add pads.

I explored the subject in my track thread. My second one, that is. I got a little off track once in awhile, I started off with a street/track car, then went full track and took it off street legal. I didn't know 2 years ago what I wanted to do yet so I have several threads about that car. The latest one is what I'm working on now. but this thread from 2023, if you jump to page two I talk about the akebono calipers with photos.

https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-r...ack-build.html
The following users liked this post:
jcfetty (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 06:50 AM
jcfetty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeneas137
I have a set of brembo calipers from my '03 track edition, which is the sport brakes from that year. they're worth about $1,000. I have piston seal rubber but I think a couple of them need to be replaced. they came off of a running car and I had them Media blasted and powder coated red.

but if you want the best bang for your buck, you want 370Z sport calipers, the akebono models which you can get refurbished under the brand name of power stop, sold by AutoZone, etc. I picked up both front and rears for something like $180 a pair, ready to go. you can't beat the price. just add pads.

I explored the subject in my track thread. My second one, that is. I got a little off track once in awhile, I started off with a street/track car, then went full track and took it off street legal. I didn't know 2 years ago what I wanted to do yet so I have several threads about that car. The latest one is what I'm working on now. but this thread from 2023, if you jump to page two I talk about the akebono calipers with photos.

https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-r...ack-build.html

It looks like the set you bought are all sold out.

do you think what I attached works fine? Its rear and front rotors with pads. And separate front and rear calipers.
Old 06-25-2024, 06:42 AM
Aeneas137

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

here are the four piston fronts. yeah it's almost impossible to find the correct parts. I've spent hours searching and then Hoon shared the link that worked. this link works and there are plenty in stock. I was even thinking about buying an extra set in case they do run out. as for the rears? unfortunately I don't have that in my bookmarks. I need to find it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-s6232