Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
J. Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flimsy
Long time no see guys. I haven't been around in some while and I figured I'd drop a line and say what's up.
Good luck getting a response from anyone but Tim.

Adam comes in here every once in awhile to tell me to shut the hell up about asking questions for mods I'll never get.

Everyone else lurks cause my posts fail.

Kidding of course, cept for my fail posts, hope all is well in your world.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:42 PM
J. Dub

Tim/Adam, whom do you all deal with at superior nissan? I need this passenger headlight replaced/fixed w/ the condensation it has in it.

Called up there and spoke to a Tony in reference to my certified used 350z. He explains headlights aren't covered in warranty. Just the powertrain.

I looked it up and sure enough he's right. So now this is my problem.

FAIL

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-01-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Yeah, its only bumper to bumper for 3year/36K There are only a few mechs up there, it wont matter they are good people up there. They resolved some issues that NLR nissan created on mine.
On another note i will be having some parts for sale
borla true dual exhaust and resonated SS test pipes w/foulers
Motordyne spacer
JWT popcharger
Motor dampner
rad divertor panel
my 18" staggered wheels and with new Toyo T1R's (maybe)
Im done with the Z and will be trading it or running through the auction. I got to get a 4X4, so yall keep that in mind if you know anyone looking or you want some parts
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by idwin
Yeah, its only bumper to bumper for 3year/36K There are only a few mechs up there, it wont matter they are good people up there. They resolved some issues that NLR nissan created on mine.
On another note i will be having some parts for sale
borla true dual exhaust and resonated SS test pipes w/foulers
Motordyne spacer
JWT popcharger
Motor dampner
rad divertor panel
my 18" staggered wheels and with new Toyo T1R's (maybe)
Im done with the Z and will be trading it or running through the auction. I got to get a 4X4, so yall keep that in mind if you know anyone looking or you want some parts
thanks for the dealership info. It seems I'm just gonna send my headlights off to get painted rather then replacing them. or paying stealership to "fix".
Sorry to see you're getting out of the Z.

Does anyone recommend a windshield replacement shop? On my way from Texas to Arkansas I had a dump truck jack my windshield up via rock. Plus my windshield has a blue bra in the highest part of the windshield and it's annoying. So I'm kinda glad it happpened.

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-01-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:53 PM
tware

Binswanger is pretty good for non-oem glass. Due to the way they over use the mold for cheap non-oem glass, there's always a chance of getting a wavy windshield if yours was at the end of the run. Binswanger did our pathfinder.. and it was CHEAP. Not perfect tho. The glass was somewhere between good and OEM, but not as good as OEM (perfect). Wavy bugs the hell out of me and gives me a headache, the glass we got doesnt bother me at all. Its pretty good for <$200 installed. vs $900 for OEM.

I asked up front about the quality, and they offered to get me another one if I wasnt happy with the one I got. So, thats good. I was in a hurry and didnt supply them with new weather stripping.. so they will reuse it and it may not be perfect. Again, they will do whatever it takes to make it right with what you bring them. If it were my G, I'd bring them new OEM weatherstripping. But thats just me. Anyway, they werent shady and seemed to be ok with me being picky (although I was very tactful about it).
Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by viva la spam
ill be in arkansas this weekend. if its not pouring ill make an appearance in centerville. if its raining bad then im driving my xterra back to dc instead of the Z. ill let you guys know by this evening
Ok so I just got my flight info. ill be in arkansas from 16-25. Ill be in centerville on the 17th aka saturday. I will not be racing but ill make an appearance as a spectator. anyone wanna meet up?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by tware
Binswanger is pretty good for non-oem glass. Due to the way they over use the mold for cheap non-oem glass, there's always a chance of getting a wavy windshield if yours was at the end of the run. Binswanger did our pathfinder.. and it was CHEAP. Not perfect tho. The glass was somewhere between good and OEM, but not as good as OEM (perfect). Wavy bugs the hell out of me and gives me a headache, the glass we got doesnt bother me at all. Its pretty good for <$200 installed. vs $900 for OEM.

I asked up front about the quality, and they offered to get me another one if I wasnt happy with the one I got. So, thats good. I was in a hurry and didnt supply them with new weather stripping.. so they will reuse it and it may not be perfect. Again, they will do whatever it takes to make it right with what you bring them. If it were my G, I'd bring them new OEM weatherstripping. But thats just me. Anyway, they werent shady and seemed to be ok with me being picky (although I was very tactful about it).
Thanks for the info. What was your down town aka how long did they take? And yea my weather stripping is popping up in the center exterior above the glass which makes me think it needs to be replaced cause I've tried everything I could to get it to go back in.
Originally Posted by viva la spam
Ok so I just got my flight info. ill be in arkansas from 16-25. Ill be in centerville on the 17th aka saturday. I will not be racing but ill make an appearance as a spectator. anyone wanna meet up?
I don't think we're doing anything on the 17 so my girl and I will make an appearance if you're going. PM me your number and I'll text ya prior to showing up. Maybe we can grab a bite before we go.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

^^^lmk anyone else is more than welcome. i havent been to centerville in years...
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 AM
J. Dub

^Ok will do.

Adam, whom blended your hatch for you when you removed your rear emblem? I am looking to get this done as well.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...k-emblems.html
Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 AM
tware

Dunno, I dropped off the Pathfinder at 9 and they called me at 11. I used the location over by the ClearChannel/Rave/Nissan dealer exit. I think thats Col Glenn. They are to the east of that exit, past Clear Channel at that next light as I recall..

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...ed=0CB4QnQIwBA

I would just call them and ask them if they will do what you want (non-wavy glass on the cheap and replace the weatherstrip with what you bring). DO NOT EVEN think of stopping by that Nissan dealer for the part.. They will rip you a new one at the parts counter. They are notorious for looking at you up and down before deciding how much to charge you OVER retail for a part. I even spoke to a previous employee who was charged over retail for parts. Like 60% over retail, and not a small ticket item. They've tried to do that same to me repeatedly until I stopped even bothering with them. I've asked them "do you think I'm stupid? I asked for this by part number, I know what retail is... I didnt ask for wholesale, but I'm not paying retail +50%" To which the guy shrugged, mumbled "thats our price" and then walked off with no intention of selling a part to me anyway. Classy.

I have a dealer in Austin who can save you tons of money if you can wait a day or two for the part. He services all of TX and then some for body shop parts... he can usually scoop a part out of the distribution center before the local guys even bother to place the order. That matters on parts with low supply. And again, his prices are as good as Courtesy Parts, or better.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
J. Dub

Dunno, I dropped off the Pathfinder at 9 and they called me at 11. I used the location over by the ClearChannel/Rave/Nissan dealer exit. I think thats Col Glenn. They are to the east of that exit, past Clear Channel at that next light as I recall..

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...ed=0CB4QnQIwBA

I would just call them and ask them if they will do what you want (non-wavy glass on the cheap and replace the weatherstrip with what you bring). DO NOT EVEN think of stopping by that Nissan dealer for the part.. They will rip you a new one at the parts counter. They are notorious for looking at you up and down before deciding how much to charge you OVER retail for a part. I even spoke to a previous employee who was charged over retail for parts. Like 60% over retail, and not a small ticket item. They've tried to do that same to me repeatedly until I stopped even bothering with them. I've asked them "do you think I'm stupid? I asked for this by part number, I know what retail is... I didnt ask for wholesale, but I'm not paying retail +50%" To which the guy shrugged, mumbled "thats our price" and then walked off with no intention of selling a part to me anyway. Classy.

I have a dealer in Austin who can save you tons of money if you can wait a day or two for the part. He services all of TX and then some for body shop parts... he can usually scoop a part out of the distribution center before the local guys even bother to place the order. That matters on parts with low supply. And again, his prices are as good as Courtesy Parts, or better.
I'm glad I posted here Tim. Thank you. I'd really like to get all new weather stripping for the front windshield seeing as how mine has 50k+ miles on it and I tend to drive 60+ often everyday to and from work which I believe is causing this weather strip up on top to get worse outta place.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
tware

as you've discovered, road in TX are especially bad for rock chips. It may not be that there is more debris, but rather people tend to swing back in to your lane with less than a 1/2 car length in front of you. And in doing so, kicking up rocks that are sitting undisturbed in the center of the lane. I can't tell you how much that pisses me off... I mean, hey thats great not riding in the fast lane and yielding to faster traffic, but dont f'n cut me off to do it... give me at least 2+ car lengths @75mph. Just about every chip I have on the G is from trips to TX and idiots doing that. Likewise, all my friends in TX rarely go more than a year without a new windshield. I suspect your Z has already had a new windshield or two.. thats why your seal is f'd already. they reused it.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 AM
tware

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_824_836.html
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
J. Dub

as you've discovered, road in TX are especially bad for rock chips. It may not be that there is more debris, but rather people tend to swing back in to your lane with less than a 1/2 car length in front of you. And in doing so, kicking up rocks that are sitting undisturbed in the center of the lane. I can't tell you how much that pisses me off... I mean, hey thats great not riding in the fast lane and yielding to faster traffic, but dont f'n cut me off to do it... give me at least 2+ car lengths @75mph. Just about every chip I have on the G is from trips to TX and idiots doing that. Likewise, all my friends in TX rarely go more than a year without a new windshield. I suspect your Z has already had a new windshield or two.. thats why your seal is f'd already. they reused it.
Yeap, I agree to the T!
Might as well throw a car at my windshield in that state.

Thank you for the link!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 PM
tware

email DaveB@adpub.com and let him know you want all the needed stuff to replace a windshield properly minus the glass. (the good sealant and trim). I very seriously doubt you'll find it cheaper. You can tell him I sent you, but honestly it doesnt matter, youre going to get the best pricing regardless. And its a dealer, Smithtown I think, i forget, so its not some shady place. errrr, let me rephrase that, it's not a shady Nissan dealer haha
Old 04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
J. Dub

email DaveB@adpub.com and let him know you want all the needed stuff to replace a windshield properly minus the glass. (the good sealant and trim). I very seriously doubt you'll find it cheaper. You can tell him I sent you, but honestly it doesnt matter, youre going to get the best pricing regardless. And its a dealer, Smithtown I think, i forget, so its not some shady place. errrr, let me rephrase that, it's not a shady Nissan dealer haha
Perfect! Thanks so much!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:55 PM
slopefunk

I didnt bother reading the entire thread. ANyWays I just bought a 2005 base few months ago, and I live in Arkansas. Hello Arkansas 350z owners. Ok bye
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

where in Arkansas, to be honest i didnt read either lol
Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
slopefunk

I live in jacksonville. How about yourself? So since im to lazy to read this entire thread, is there any sort of arkansas nissan meet or something of the sort?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:23 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

^^^not that I know of but j.dub and I are meeting up at the centerville drag stip on the 17th. feel free to join us if you like. pm if you wannna go

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas