Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:59 AM
tware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AZ has flashfloods. biblical flashfloods, so on top of being ragged to hell, you'd need to pull carpets to be sure it's never seen water.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by tware
AZ has flashfloods. biblical flashfloods, so on top of being ragged to hell, you'd need to pull carpets to be sure it's never seen water.
didn't know about the flashfloods. Thanks for the info.

I'm assuming if a carfax also shows a vehicle as a lease vehicle that it was most likely a rental as well?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 PM
J. Dub

I'm trying to wrap my head around these HFC + resonated TP's all in one from FI. What's your opinions?

https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/4786...est-pipes.html
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

J why ask our opinion? Are you even going to utilize the info given to you? If you think its to good to be true,well.....Jesus no way i would consider a rental vehicle unless it was so damn cheap it wouldnt matter if i had to put a engine in it,etc. I worked next to a rental place for over 10 years and would see the guys picking up/delivering them fawking things going airborne over speed bumps, redlining or setting on the rev limiter for 1/4 mile. As far as the HFC's either you want a hiflo cat or you want test pipes. To me it would make a whole lot more sense to actually own the damn car your looking up parts for!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:09 AM
J. Dub

I honestly had no idea that rentals get ragged on that hard over speed bumps, ect... That being the case I'm glad I chimed in here. Between you and Tware it seems I'll be playing the waiting game on fiding exactly what I'm looking for.
In regards to the HFC's + TP's combined... I agree on needing to own a vehicle prior to worrying about parts to get for it. I came across that part and had never heard of such a thing, thus was curious.
In any event, I'll come back in here when I have said vehicle.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:34 PM
tware

btw, we've met, you can call me Tim

yeah
http://phoenix.about.com/od/arizonam...loods.htm?rd=1

you'll see that in Houston too. So, rather than worry about a specific area, google on how to spot a flood car. If you see anything that makes you suspicious, avoid it. Even if everything seem to work, there is usually corrosion that will eventually cause alot of expensive electrical work. Just spotting alittle silt in the spare tire area, screw it, unless its priced like a salvage title and you've got some time/money to gamble with, move on.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
J. Dub

btw, we've met, you can call me Tim

yeah
http://phoenix.about.com/od/arizonam...loods.htm?rd=1

you'll see that in Houston too. So, rather than worry about a specific area, google on how to spot a flood car. If you see anything that makes you suspicious, avoid it. Even if everything seem to work, there is usually corrosion that will eventually cause alot of expensive electrical work. Just spotting alittle silt in the spare tire area, screw it, unless its priced like a salvage title and you've got some time/money to gamble with, move on.
Yea, Tim. I believe I recall. Hazy a bit. I had heart surgery in Jan and ever since then my memory has failed me it seems.
Thank you for the help man.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Whoa seriously? heart surgery, sorry man. I gotta ask,,,,why? what the hell happened.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by idwin
Whoa seriously? heart surgery, sorry man. I gotta ask,,,,why? what the hell happened.
I'll link ya to the details.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/do...oblems-962616/

Cliffs, since I was in high school my heart randomly likes to fail at pumping and now I feel like I'm turning into a scared old man/pu**y.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
J. Dub

TIm not sure if your offer still stands from previous page. But I have a VIN for you.

It's for this http://inventory.grubbsnissan.com/we...ition_id=10426

And the VIN is JN1BZ34D07M504762
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 AM
tware

do you suspect any issues? the last one, they wouldnt offer a warranty, so I offered to call in a favor with a friend at a dealership. If the carfax is clean and they offer a warranty, I dont think you need him to dig into the service history. You can ask them straight up if it has ever had an oil consumption test or replaced engine. They have the records too. I've driven to Grubbs Infiniti to have routine service on my G35.... yeah, I had some issues at the LR dealer, so I made a long weekend out of it in Dallas. They are pretty well known as a good/honest dealer with the highest satisfaction ratings in the south, if not the country. At least they were 3-4 years ago.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 AM
tware

still not sure why arent looking at G's, since you had to sell the Z for backseats only last year.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
J. Dub

do you suspect any issues? the last one, they wouldnt offer a warranty, so I offered to call in a favor with a friend at a dealership. If the carfax is clean and they offer a warranty, I dont think you need him to dig into the service history. You can ask them straight up if it has ever had an oil consumption test or replaced engine. They have the records too. I've driven to Grubbs Infiniti to have routine service on my G35.... yeah, I had some issues at the LR dealer, so I made a long weekend out of it in Dallas. They are pretty well known as a good/honest dealer with the highest satisfaction ratings in the south, if not the country. At least they were 3-4 years ago.
still not sure why arent looking at G's, since you had to sell the Z for backseats only last year.
The back seat issue last year, correct, I sold that Z due to needing a 4 door as baby was on it's way.
We lost the baby. Thus now have been able to gather up more funds for a toy. Hence another 350.
I love G's. But am finding better prices on Z's.
Bummer to hear that you had troubles. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Here is what's odd. I called north little rock Nissan dealership asking them what they needed from me when I take this Z to get possible warranty work done if it ever comes up... He advised a certified nissan piece of paper. I asked how do I obtain it if I'm bout to purchase this Z... AKA what do I ask for? He stated don't even ask the dealership, call Nissan at 1800NISSAN1
I just got off the phone w/ a rep that stated this vehicle isn't certified used.

So now either the rep (whom sounded from middle east) didn't understand me. Or the dealership is pulling a fast one.
I went one step further and went on nissanusa.com Searched for certified used... This vehicle didn't come up. I'm calling sales guy now to figure out what the issue is.

If this works out. I'll leave tomorrow, take day off work, and retrieve this Z.

Carfax is clean except I don't know what happened towards the end. This vehicle has 50k miles on odometer. Carfax only shows it going to 42k miles.

Last edited by J. Dub; 03-29-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:15 PM
tware

Dude... A nissan warranty is a nissan warranty. Not sure why you wouldn't think that a local dealer wouldn't work on it. Now, a dealer gets 'goodwill' money to do small out of warranty repairs on a car they have sold. Most dealers hold this back and would never tell you / pocket it all... our local dealers arent one bit interested in GOODWILL. If you want your car fixed properly, at least in my experience, drive to Conway and let Superior take care of you. The 30 min drive is worth it, as you wont have to return 3 times to finally get the f'n car fixed. It's a 30 min drive that will save you time and money. if you have ANY nissan out of warranty work to do, talk to Alan at Ellis Infiniti. If you think Lexus owners get treated well, you have been seen Ellis. And yeah, we get that same treatment for our 99 Pathfinder as I do my G35. They have never tried to scam me on anything. They actually given things free that the Nissan dealer was trying to screw me on. Amazing place.

The extended warranty is between you and the dealer selling the car. At least a certified one. You should be aware that ALL Nissan dealers will treat the Nissan extended warranty as a 3rd party warranty, albeit a slightly better one. They will not hassle you much because they know what is and isnt covered from experience. But youre still dealing with a 3rd party on their books. It's really Nissans fault for acting like a 3rd party on paying claims, but you should know/understand that... even for covered items, its alittle more hassle than the bumper to bumper warranty. Any hassle is usually the dealer not wanting to do work they get payment declined for. Again, shouldnt be that way, but thats NNA.

I think you could find a G in that price range... I know you could. Call Grubbs Infiniti, it's right down the street. You will love Ellis, they will treat you like gold here.

btw, we also had the same thing happen last year. And we are expecting again. your second attempt has a 95% higher success rate. Hate to see you trying to sell a Z again. Not that a baby seat fits all that well in a G coupe.. but it does fit. and all the latches are there.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
J. Dub

Dude... A nissan warranty is a nissan warranty. Not sure why you wouldn't think that a local dealer wouldn't work on it. Now, a dealer gets 'goodwill' money to do small out of warranty repairs on a car they have sold. Most dealers hold this back and would never tell you / pocket it all... our local dealers arent one bit interested in GOODWILL. If you want your car fixed properly, at least in my experience, drive to Conway and let Superior take care of you. The 30 min drive is worth it, as you wont have to return 3 times to finally get the f'n car fixed. It's a 30 min drive that will save you time and money. if you have ANY nissan out of warranty work to do, talk to Alan at Ellis Infiniti. If you think Lexus owners get treated well, you have been seen Ellis. And yeah, we get that same treatment for our 99 Pathfinder as I do my G35. They have never tried to scam me on anything. They actually given things free that the Nissan dealer was trying to screw me on. Amazing place.

The extended warranty is between you and the dealer selling the car. At least a certified one. You should be aware that ALL Nissan dealers will treat the Nissan extended warranty as a 3rd party warranty, albeit a slightly better one. They will not hassle you much because they know what is and isnt covered from experience. But youre still dealing with a 3rd party on their books. It's really Nissans fault for acting like a 3rd party on paying claims, but you should know/understand that... even for covered items, its alittle more hassle than the bumper to bumper warranty. Any hassle is usually the dealer not wanting to do work they get payment declined for. Again, shouldnt be that way, but thats NNA.

I think you could find a G in that price range... I know you could. Call Grubbs Infiniti, it's right down the street. You will love Ellis, they will treat you like gold here.

btw, we also had the same thing happen last year. And we are expecting again. your second attempt has a 95% higher success rate. Hate to see you trying to sell a Z again. Not that a baby seat fits all that well in a G coupe.. but it does fit. and all the latches are there.
Dually noted. Thanks for the quick reply!

As far as trying again... Let's just say the first one was an accident. We were excited, but still an accident.
Hopefully there will not be a second anytime soon. Come to find out that girl I was with, whom you all met at the meet by Burns park that one day, was trying to get prego my eggo by me even though I was being told otherwise.
Times gone by and I'm with a different, more mature, girl.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
tware

well, if youre going to drive 5+ hours tomorrow... I've sent the VIN. I'll PM you if I get an answer. remember, if I get any info, keep it to yourself. Dont tell the dealer you know something bad or whatever.. then again, if there's something bad, I'd hope you still wouldnt be headed down there.

btw, Randy at Ellis is the guy to call in sales. Great guy, has a very nice older red 300Z.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
tware

call me on this.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

crickets
Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by idwin
crickets
Guess that's my que.

On my way out of town yesterday morning I was finally able to communicate in real time w/ Tim. It was a heated match of phone tag... One in which I feel he won.
After are conversation I felt even stronger that the purchase would be a good one and pressed onward. Had the conversation gone different I would have turned around.
A huge thanks to Tim for doing what he did. I even learned some things in the conversation. Tim I owe you lunch for checking that VIN out.

First thing I did when I got there was match the VIN from the website and carfax to the actual vehicle itself. I checked other VIN areas on the car and they all matched. I went through the vehicle from top to bottom and found no reason not to buy it other then, yet again, hatch rattle. Which as Adam may recall I had in my White 2006. Apparently it's common or I'm that lucky.
The passenger side rim had a nice curb mark on it and surprise surprise, the driver door interior handle had 2 scratches. Just like my 2006 did.
Aside from having high mileage (51k+) it was the only certified used HR w/ auto tranny I could find at such a good price.
They even came down off the advertised price substantially. I had to walk away from the deal but they stopped me mid way to my Jeep and reconsidered my offer.
The tires are brand new. Apparently it's part of the certified process.
It has black leather interior and I really wanted dove interior. However all the dove interior Z's within a 500 mile radius of me were highly expensive or didn't meet one of my criteria's thus I settled for the black interior.

Problems I've already found after purchase:
-condensation in the passenger headlight. Not sure if that's due to change in outside temperatures by 20 degrees between my drive from Texas to Little Rock at dusk but I know there is a TSB on it.
-Driver side window won't auto roll up 50% of the time. It does have tinted windows. I'll most likely take this in to superior nissan in Conway sometime soon.
-As mentioned, rear hatch creaks. Where, I dunno. It's only over harsh bumps. It drove me crazy in my 06. I have a feeling it will do the same in short time.
I'm eager to catch up w/ you guys whenever you all get another gathering together. That way I can ask questions about mods I'll never buy.
Hope everyone's having a good week, and huge thanks to Tim again.

CLIFFS:
-gif image of cricket chirping
-Tim is awesome for helping, I owe him lunch
-I like my 350 alot

Last edited by J. Dub; 03-31-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Flimsy

Long time no see guys. I haven't been around in some while and I figured I'd drop a line and say what's up.

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas