Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
tware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longhorn44
go back to cali...................
Nice, you use a wheelbarrow to move those *****?

the rest removed, but I'm leaving that ^

Last edited by tware; 01-23-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
CELTIC Z

Last edited by CELTIC Z; 01-26-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
tware

Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 AM
CELTIC Z

Last edited by CELTIC Z; 01-26-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: ......
Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 AM
tware

Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
t0mills

Originally Posted by idwin
T0mills you have to excusse longhorrn44 hes' old
Tim you didnt miss anything except i think steves confusion confused you,LOL>
yes both show branson and the dragon are the same weekend i believe. If i had a choice the dragon for sure. but if i couldnt make ends me,moneytight,etc.etc. i would go to branson. If you go to branson hook up w/the zcarsof nebraska all of them are way cool and make it a alright trip. tell them all i said hello Aslo dave and kathy. Not busting your ***** but every year its the sme thing so many people post on how theyre going and a few of us cough cough have even rented rooms for people that didnt show or didnt pay. all up to the last day saying they are going until the night before then all of a sudden 8 of them cant go LOL so I for one am a lil bitter about people saying they are going this earliy in the game. t0mills I hope you do go it is great fun, the caravan is a blast, the scenery is awesome and well the back of my car is sweeeeet LOLOLOLO just kidding.

I understand about people saying that they are going to do something, and then pulling out at the last minute.
My other hobby involves 4wd vehicles, and every year I travel out to Moab, Utah for a week of fourwheeling. Also, every year I try to arrange a group of people from this area to drive out there together. It usually ends the same way as you described.
However, I have nothing holding me back, and I'm already making plans to drive out there at the end of May

I do wish that Branson Zfest was on a different weekend, because I'd like to do both. With Branson being so close, it makes the trip really easy to plan.

Originally Posted by longhorn44
Dear t0mills: no, your not an idiot, Adam is our resident DNF'er......so its his responsibility to flame everybody.............
Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind.

Sometimes text can be interpreted many different ways.

Originally Posted by tware
there are some differences...

Branson checklist:
full tank of gas?
wash the car?
got your toothbrush?

Dragon checklist:
tires? You should go with marginal tires. period.
alignment? Check it now or destroy your tires in one weekend.
brake pads and rotors well within spec?
brake fluid under 3-4 years old? You can boil it without even pushing.. only driving smart helps..
belts and hoses?
Any other mx you've been putting off should be addressed before going.

Tie up all loose ends at work, no cell coverage or broadband for 4 days. You will drive thru cell coverage a few times. But this is an issue for some.

Even tho youre staying in a decent room (like a few notches above what I'd guess a motel 6 looks like), pack like youre camping. Few stores for snacks/food without a long drive. Likewise, something to entertain/decompress after a long day of intense driving. For some that might be a dvd.. for others it might be booze.

Good info. I remember the bit about cell phone coverage. The last time I was out in that area, I was surprised by how little coverage I had. There would be entire days spent driving that I would be without coverage. Even on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great towns out there though!!! One that stuck out was Boone, NC. The whole town looked like something straight out of a movie. With LOTS of college girls....

I'm looking forward to the making the trip this May!

-Tim
Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
t0mills

I notice that most all of you guys are from the Little Rock area. Anyone here from the Northwest Corner?

I know that there USED to be a Silver 03-05 Z that ran around here with a bodykit and Nismo graphics. IIRC, he had a BBK and a pair of turbos...

Anyone know that guy? I believe his name was Tim, though I could be wrong...

-Tim
Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 PM
tware

btw, I meant to say you shouldnt go with marginal tires It ended up being pretty wet last year. Or just drainage off the mountain would sometimes catch you off guard with wet pavement. Not standing water, but just wet.. or dirt/gravel.

the issue here really boils down to accommodations. Alot of plans were made around one person getting a cabin (more like a 3brdm house) and splitting it up. And several people got screwed, there were some sour grapes. Some paid their portion anyway, but other didnt. This wasnt a problem so much with our group but our caravan consisted a few states and they had problems. Hell, the day before, trying to plan the caravan, people were coming on and off the list.

Last edited by tware; 01-23-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
t0mills

Originally Posted by tware
btw, I meant to say you shouldnt go with marginal tires It ended up being pretty wet last year. Or just drainage off the mountain would sometimes catch you off guard with wet pavement. Not standing water, but just wet.. or dirt/gravel.

the issue here really boils down to accommodations. Alot of plans were made around one person getting a cabin (more like a 3brdm house) and splitting it up. And several people got screwed, there were some sour grapes. Some paid there portion anyway, but other didnt. This wasnt a problem so much with our group but our caravan consisted a few states and they had problems. Hell, the day before, trying to plan the caravan, people were coming on and off the list.

Makes sense. I've been burned over similar situations in the past. Ever since, it's always been "every man for himself."

Just to clarify, I don't expect anyone to make any accommodations for me. The only thing I need to know, is where, and what time you guys are meeting up to drive out there. As long as I know that info a few days in advance, I can leave my house and be in LR when the time comes.

Also, is anyone here running a JWT Popcharger? If so, I'd like to bring one of my heatshield prototypes so that someone else can test it out. That project got pushed to the backburner for a bit, but I can make one before I head that way.

-Tim
Old 01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Originally Posted by t0mills
Makes sense. I've been burned over similar situations in the past. Ever since, it's always been "every man for himself."

Just to clarify, I don't expect anyone to make any accommodations for me. The only thing I need to know, is where, and what time you guys are meeting up to drive out there. As long as I know that info a few days in advance, I can leave my house and be in LR when the time comes.

Also, is anyone here running a JWT Popcharger? If so, I'd like to bring one of my heatshield prototypes so that someone else can test it out. That project got pushed to the backburner for a bit, but I can make one before I head that way.

-Tim

several of us are running pop chargers, and more the merrier if you actually do go just keep checking in as time gets closer.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
CELTIC Z

Originally Posted by t0mills

-Tim
I loved my poopcharger , ran it for about 2 years and then went with Mishimoto, full carbon fiber intake, housing....really nice, but any difference, I don't know....they talk about heat getting to poopcharger and I thought by putting on a housing that surrounds filter it might help..... it looks good though....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

steve your just a carbon *****, face it!

IMO there would be minimal diff in heat soak,etc.
t0mills semd me a pic of what you got? id be interested if it doesnt make it a pia to remove the filter for maintenance or even inspect it for that matter. I i like it i can polish a few of them for you for hooking me up? i dunno.

If i dont get a diff at the least i really dont know if im going to the dragon. I had a bunch of deals lined up for all kinds of stuff and of course i dont have luck unless its bad luck. LOL I was even going to slip a llil nitrous in for you guys so on the freeway runs you'd be going WTF LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 AM
CELTIC Z

Last edited by CELTIC Z; 02-05-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:48 AM
CELTIC Z

Last edited by CELTIC Z; 01-27-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 AM
TheProfessional

Hey everyone is online... and we have a new member from Conway...

I have to make a breakfast run to mc'ds before 10:30, brb and I'm getting into it....

Guys stay tuned.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:56 AM
TheProfessional

So I'm moving to Indianapolis. Soon. Probably in February.

Had a talk with my parents last night and they don't want to see me sell the house so they have volunteered (which I think is crazy) to help me rent out.

So I've learned I'm a "driver".

Last edited by TheProfessional; 01-26-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

hmmmm some more new toys so i dont loose my sanity!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:29 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Brad is it official, for sure? It seems like you never know? and really a GTR? wouldnt a STI or something be more logical in this economy, and still a blast to drive.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 AM
TheProfessional

It was official during a very odd point in time Thursday

Last edited by TheProfessional; 01-26-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:48 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Well good luck, I dont think i could make myself drive it as a DD crap i cant make myself drive my 350 as a DD

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas