Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:50 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't stop LMAO! Today steve and I went out to a friends ranch to shoot guns. BTW steve you wilson combat is noice! and for my other buddy matt and his dad (owners of the land) to shoot some new pistols they got. Anyway after several hours and several rounds later we head home (I rode w/steve in his Z) It's a decent drive out in the middle of nowhere and for awhile we had a unknown subject riding our *** for miles. Then out of nowhere this Plymouth voyager mini van screams by us! I cant stress enough this van was hauling azz! about a mile or so later we come to a stop sign in which this van just sits there? we thought WTF since they seemed to be in such a fawking hurry. Then we notice the quick flash of reverse lights and thought great this POS broke down, This is funny cause it was a POS but was driving like a ferrari. I personally started to get a little nervous, and when i seen the van door open i reached down and had my kimber ready to go. A woman emerged? and then i thought ok she's broke down, but she's smiling when she walks to steves window and says, ROFLMAO Hi im a professional driver for the germans? and you have a nice car and then walks back to her van. Steve and I both were like WTF just happened and couldnt stop laughing. She had arkansas plates, and spoke the native southern tongue? my gut hurts from laughing. When we got closer to my place i started questioning this though. Why would a woman get out in the middle of BFE by herself and approach a strange vehicle?hmmmmm im starting to think that someone else was in the van and they had intentions of carjacking steves Z but realized there was 2 guys and atleast a gun(it was laying on my lap in my hand), and thought maybe not a good idea????? I dunno it was funny as fawk, but scary now at the same time. I will give her credit though she was driving the voyager like it was on rails, i should've invited her to the auto X LOL. I just seems out of place for a woman to do that? especially in the location we were in.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 PM
luv2bsidewaz

^ Don't invite her! If she is driving for de germanz I don't want my azz handed to me by a minivan! Hahaha! That is def strange that she did that though. Just jumped out and said that huh? That definitely deserves a WTF afterward.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

How late will the autoX last? if i show up at noon/1ish things will still be running right.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I wanted to try an put the carbon hood on today? that aint happening unless i sprout some extra arms LOL.

Zach will you throw them washers in your car, if you still have them and dont mind? i bought some but just in case.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:54 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Damn im hungry, i guess 4th meal it is NOM NOM NOM NOM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 PM
luv2bsidewaz

^ Haha fourth meal is always great but somehow I always find myself having fifth and sixth meal too!

Adam I'm already ahead of ya! Have them in my car already!

And things should still be running I do believe. My last event I was at lasted til right after 3 I think.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:42 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Cool, thanks Zach!
See the rest of ya there.......
Old 02-22-2009, 12:37 PM
CELTIC Z

Originally Posted by idwin
I can't stop LMAO! Today steve and I went out to a friends ranch to shoot guns. BTW steve you wilson combat is noice! and for my other buddy matt and his dad (owners of the land) to shoot some new pistols they got. Anyway after several hours and several rounds later we head home (I rode w/steve in his Z) It's a decent drive out in the middle of nowhere and for awhile we had a unknown subject riding our *** for miles. Then out of nowhere this Plymouth voyager mini van screams by us! I cant stress enough this van was hauling azz! about a mile or so later we come to a stop sign in which this van just sits there? we thought WTF since they seemed to be in such a fawking hurry. Then we notice the quick flash of reverse lights and thought great this POS broke down, This is funny cause it was a POS but was driving like a ferrari. I personally started to get a little nervous, and when i seen the van door open i reached down and had my kimber ready to go. A woman emerged? and then i thought ok she's broke down, but she's smiling when she walks to steves window and says, ROFLMAO Hi im a professional driver for the germans? and you have a nice car and then walks back to her van. Steve and I both were like WTF just happened and couldnt stop laughing. She had arkansas plates, and spoke the native southern tongue? my gut hurts from laughing. When we got closer to my place i started questioning this though. Why would a woman get out in the middle of BFE by herself and approach a strange vehicle?hmmmmm im starting to think that someone else was in the van and they had intentions of carjacking steves Z but realized there was 2 guys and atleast a gun(it was laying on my lap in my hand), and thought maybe not a good idea????? I dunno it was funny as fawk, but scary now at the same time. I will give her credit though she was driving the voyager like it was on rails, i should've invited her to the auto X LOL. I just seems out of place for a woman to do that? especially in the location we were in.
I'm pretty sure this was a carjacking attempt.... out in the middle of nowhere.....gets out of her van...wtf.....I think she spotted Adams kimber thru the wind ow though....and she was gone....there was also another car that had pulled up on my bumper at the stop sign.. anyway enjoyed autocross with yall today...its aws a blast ...thanks Davidb and the helmet loan....
Old 02-22-2009, 12:39 PM
CELTIC Z

Originally Posted by luv2bsidewaz
^ Haha fourth meal is always great but somehow I always find myself having fifth and sixth meal too!

Adam I'm already ahead of ya! Have them in my car already!

And things should still be running I do believe. My last event I was at lasted til right after 3 I think.
nice meeting u today Zach....love the look of ur hood, like I said I'm def interested in trading ........ LMK......later
Old 02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Good seeing eveyone again, dido on the ride david! It was a first for both of us LOL.
Zach def need to hook up the mesh and wheels look much better gloss, you can give me the helmet back whenever we have another meet or whatnot( whenever im not sweating it). BTW thanks for the bolts/washers.........
Old 02-22-2009, 03:27 PM
luv2bsidewaz

It was nice to meet you too! I had a great time chattin with everyone today. We def need to get another meet going. Adam thanks again for the helmet loan and will get it back to ya next meet. I'm gonna try to get the mesh this week and maybe that will be my upcoming weekend project. I'll post pics for you guys if I do.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
tware

Aside from needing a few hours for my junk to thaw (tmi? wow I really should have dressed alittle warmer), I also had a great time watching you guys.

Good to finally meet you David. And Nelson, thanks again for the ride along. 10/10ths, Quite impressive, sorry all I had were expletives to describe it.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
guitarist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tware
Aside from needing a few hours for my junk to thaw (tmi? wow I really should have dressed alittle warmer), I also had a great time watching you guys.

Good to finally meet you David. And Nelson, thanks again for the ride along. 10/10ths, Quite impressive, sorry all I had were expletives to describe it.
Glad you guys came out, and enjoyed the ride-alongs. Next time you can bring your Zs and get the real rush behind the wheel. The difference between spectating and riding is about the same as the difference between riding and driving.

Yeah, it really is that much fun!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 AM
tware

i would think my G coupe and its vdc throttle cut (even when 'off') would be maddening.

the ride along with you was alittle intimidating. I shoulda rode with someone alittle more noobish. Like the other guy that rode with you, on the backside, I really couldnt follow the next turn. :/ Guess that comes with alot of events. I'm sure you've burned thousands in tires and brakes to get to that level.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

? Once again they screwed up on my countertop LOL!!!! Lowes has agreed to all new countertop and to let one guy custom buile/fab/cut from start to finish. I guess 10 months later and 4 trys(countertops) they are really taking up the rear now. well here goes another 2 weeks or so of waiting......I will have my own parking spot at the store before this crap is over with.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I may try my hand w/it after a diff, but having a open one is pointless IMO.
David did you find out about the deaf thing?

Last edited by ARMSTRONGARMS; 02-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Davidb

Originally Posted by tware
i would think my G coupe and its vdc throttle cut (even when 'off') would be maddening.

the ride along with you was alittle intimidating. I shoulda rode with someone alittle more noobish. Like the other guy that rode with you, on the backside, I really couldnt follow the next turn. :/ Guess that comes with alot of events. I'm sure you've burned thousands in tires and brakes to get to that level.
He is on stock brakes still and this is only the start of his 2nd year. Between both of us (in his car) we have ~$500-600 in tires Its really not as bad as it feels.

And no I havent found out about the deaf thing. It doesn't say anything in the rule book...or at least I haven't found it lol.

So now we need to all plan a centerville trip
Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

We need to plan a mini trip of some kind for sure.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

David, Nelson do yall shoot guns?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
luv2bsidewaz

David I have a question. How many more things can I do to my car before I get pushed up into SM class? I'm not really sure how the mods affect the classification systems in the autox. I know changing out from stock items places you into BSP but how far can you go from getting bumped into a higher class than BSP? Another is what sizes of rims can you run if I wanted to revert back to BS class? Tim and I were talking and I think I misinformed him in saying that if you changed out from stock rims you would get class bumped. I talked with some of the other guys and they said you wouldn't get bumped as long as you stayed with the same size rims as factory(actually a guy said you could as long as you stayed within a 1/4 inch from factory sizes and stayed on street tires). Is this true? Or can you change rims and go with different sizes? Also what suspension changes can you make? I know you can add a front sway bar, maybe a rear, and change out shocks but not struts. Is this true as well? Was thinking of going back to BS and getting more seat time and maybe going a different class at a later time.

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas