South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

South Florida Z Car Club Meet-Broward April 8

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:22 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Florida Z Car Club Meet-Broward April 8

Meet Friday April 8th click here for details http://www.sfzcc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1094
Old 04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Gman2004

Are G's welcomed????
Old 04-05-2005, 09:56 AM
neffster

G's weren't allowed the last time I asked. Now that we have our own 96 member club (and a meet on the 16th in SFL) I guess it doesn't matter too much.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by neffster
G's weren't allowed the last time I asked. Now that we have our own 96 member club (and a meet on the 16th in SFL) I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I know, I know. I was just looking for another meet sooner than the 16th so I can show off my new twins and rims.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Well to answer one question at a time.

1. On our small local meets like this one on Friday (10-15 cars) we sometimes have a smalll number of non Z's come, like Silvias, Skylines and yes G35's.

2. Neffster the time you asked was for "Z" fest so sorry if I said no but come on.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Finiti35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I know, I know. I was just looking for another meet sooner than the 16th so I can show off my new twins and rims.
You can show them off anytime, there's 2-3 of us that meet up all the time once or twice a week for a couple hours. Too bad I'm not here this weekend, otherwise I'd love to meet up.. If you want to get together in the future, just PM me your number on driver and you got it

Sorry to hijack your thread guys.. I totally understand about the Z Fest, but when I first started doing the SFL meets, I wanted to have them together with the Z guys.. don't think they liked the idea. Then another SFL FGC member was told that he wasn't allowed at some Z meet, so I think it's fairly obvious. We know better than asking for permission and getting turned down, I totally don't understand it. It's all VQ love people, but whatever.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:11 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Again, at our regular Friday meets it usually is not a problem as I said we sometimes have a handful of non Z's show up, hell at a Miami meet a coouple of months agao there was a G35 a Ferrari an SRT4. From now on I will make a point of stating that non Z's are welcomed to those meets. Even our Dyno day last year we had about 5 G35's show up.

The issue is usually when we have the bigger Z Club events like our picnics where we have 70-80 cars, we just don't want to add to the mix and make it hard to accomodate and pi$$ non Z guys off as we will have to give preferential treatment to our Z club members for space and such.

I understand about the VQ and the body platform being the same but we are not a 350Z club we are a Z club and have everything from 1970 Z's to 350Z's so not everyone would be thrilled about it. He11 it was a little tough to get accepted as 350Z owners at first, the other Z guys were a little standoffish specially the 300ZX Z32 guys with their powerhouses seeing the new kid on the block.

Last edited by westpak; 04-07-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Finiti35

I understand about your club events, and I understand about how other non-VQ Z owners may feel.. we went through the same discussion when arranging our first all-Florida meet. It was held at an Infiniti dealership, so obviously having Zs join us would have been a little out of place. So no hard feelings at all, that's a nonissue.

However, it's not the 'other Z' owners that have been giving us Gs an attitude.. it's all been 350Z members. Maybe you're familiar with the G Squad and you know that at some of their meets there are just as many Zs (and yes older Zs too) as there are Gs and they all get along. That's all I wanted to have down here, one big meet where we can shake each other's hand and each club will have its fair share of members attending. How cool would that be. Neff is right, the FGC just started out barely 3 months ago and we're close to 100 members now, why would Gman2004 or anyone else for that matter have to feel unwelcomed (for reasons other than those you mentioned). It's not a matter of superiority here or whose car is faster or more expensive or which club is bigger. I'd still love to see a G-Z meet in the future and be friends with all of you Z guys, but whether that's possible or not, I don't know.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I agree, I think some of it is that many of our members are into coming to our meets because they are Z meets and probably would not go to other car meets if it wasn't a Z meet and not becuase they have an attitude but just because they are not into car meets but will go to a Z meet.

I like that you guys have gotten organized and maybe we can talk about doing a joint meet, we had a Nissan meet 11/03 that was pretty big but have not seen anything develop for a big meet since then so maybe we can hook up at a meet soon and talk.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Finiti35

First of all, I'm really glad to know you like the idea It's great to see someone all the way in Lake Worth who has put together a club for the entire SFL. I'll be more than happy to meet with you and discuss what both clubs are up to, what your event calendar looks like, etc. I see where you're coming from when you say it's hard to accommodate 70-80 cars, but for up to 50 parking shouldn't be a problem at any park. I saw the Miami meet you have on 4/29, maybe you can PM me about the next event you're going to attend and we can take it from there??

Btw I'd love to go to your Friday meet, but I'll be out of town...
Old 04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Gman2004

I won't make it after all. My TT still has not arrived to the shop. My car has been sitting there for two weeks and they took off the s/c so it is not drivable. I better be fuggin done for the 04/16 meet.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Finiti35

Don't worry man, I don't care if you'll be driving a rental or a loaner or what, but you're coming to the 4/16 meet!! You as our F/I hero deserve to have some fun more than anyone Oh and when the G is done, can I take a ride with you??

See ya on Driver..
Old 04-07-2005, 08:01 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by Finiti35
First of all, I'm really glad to know you like the idea It's great to see someone all the way in Lake Worth who has put together a club for the entire SFL. I'll be more than happy to meet with you and discuss what both clubs are up to, what your event calendar looks like, etc. I see where you're coming from when you say it's hard to accommodate 70-80 cars, but for up to 50 parking shouldn't be a problem at any park. I saw the Miami meet you have on 4/29, maybe you can PM me about the next event you're going to attend and we can take it from there??

Btw I'd love to go to your Friday meet, but I'll be out of town...
I am not sure I am making it tomorrow either, my son has soccer.

But I am up for a gathering anytime to talk, we can do it at our next Miami meet 4/29 if you want, I usually make it down there.

I won't make it after all. My TT still has not arrived to the shop. My car has been sitting there for two weeks and they took off the s/c so it is not drivable. I better be fuggin done for the 04/16 meet.
That sucks, if the kit is not there yet you will definetly not make it tomorrow, hopefully you get it soon, I would target 3-4 days for install.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Gman2004

Don't worry man, I don't care if you'll be driving a rental or a loaner or what, but you're coming to the 4/16 meet!! You as our F/I hero deserve to have some fun more than anyone Oh and when the G is done, can I take a ride with you??

See ya on Driver..
Ya, I'll be there no matter what. I have to bring the chicken/meat. And hell yeah you can ride in my car.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Finiti35

Originally Posted by westpak
But I am up for a gathering anytime to talk, we can do it at our next Miami meet 4/29 if you want, I usually make it down there.
I'll try to make it too, and I'll try to get our other SFL director to join me, maybe Gman would want to go too to show off the twins

Any of you Z guys is MORE than welcome too to our 4/16 meet at Tropical Park, 1 PM. Hope to meet you soon Westpak

Ya, I'll be there no matter what. I have to bring the chicken/meat. And hell yeah you can ride in my car.
You're the man I'm so craving for some power, I baby my car a lot still. And gosh those Asantis are soooooo pimp

Last edited by Finiti35; 04-07-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:12 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I'll try to make it too, and I'll try to get our other SFL director to join me, maybe Gman would want to go too to show off the twins

Any of you Z guys is MORE than welcome too to our 4/16 meet at Tropical Park, 1 PM. Hope to meet you soon Westpak ....
Well I might just take you up on the offer and see if others want to join down there, our Miami crowd is pretty active and a lot of 350Z's. Let me know details and I will post it and see.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Finiti35

Thanks for your interest, we would love to have some of you guys over, check out your rides, sit down for a bite and what not. The meet is going to be one of our monthly BBQ meets, actually the first official FGC South FL chapter one. Of course, like every FGC meet, alcohol, racing, etc. are not allowed, so make sure you let your guys know since I'm not sure whether that's allowed in your club. I really look forward to this meet after the awesome turnout the all-Florida meet had. Here's the thread on G35Driver, unfortunately I think you have to be a member to be able to view it.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48693

Here are the details, just copied and pasted my post:

Hi everyone,

I am glad to announce that the next South Florida meet will be our first official meet as an FGC SFL chapter. Apart from the all-Florida FGC meets (the next one of which is going to be on June 11, check other threads), we are going to hold our local SFL chapter meets on a monthly basis. Due to the high number of people from Dade County who attended the February meet at Markham Park, the SFL FGC directors have decided to hold our next event in Miami.

So here's the lowdown on our next meet:

Date: April 16, Saturday
Time: 1:00 PM
Place: Tropical Park - in Miami @ Bird Rd and SR 826
Directions: 7900 SW 40th St (Bird Road), Miami, FL 33155 (Map)

From the north, take I-95 South to the Golden Glades. Take 826 South, exit on SW 40 St/Bird Rd. Go West upon exiting. Tropical Park is on the immediate left, plainly visible. Entrance to park is next traffic light.

From the north, take Turnpike South into Miami. Exit on SW 40St/Bird Rd. Go East on Bird approximately 40 blocks until you see signs for 826. Tropical Park is on the right, just before the overpass for 826.

From the south, PM MIA_G35 for directions (even though I'm sure you Miami peeps know where it is).

By the way, it is going to be a BBQ meet just like last time at Markham Park, so we'll be lighting up a grill. Let's get a roll call going on who's attending and what exactly you're willing to bring as far as products.

Can't wait to see all of you guys again there

-Finiti
Old 04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Yeap you have to register to view.

And we don't have alcohol at our picnics either only time is if we meet and cruiZe to a restaurant to eat then people can order what they want.

I will post this over the weekend on our forum and see who wants to go and I will let you know so you can tell us what you need.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
imcool

Damn those asanti wheels look dead sexxy especially with our custom desighn with the dirt on them :0)
Old 04-09-2005, 03:52 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Well I posted it last night and already getting good feedback, sometime in th emiddle of the week we will see ho wmany and get with you as to what we need to bring. I saw you joined our forum so feel free to post on there, actually lets use that post for more communication on this subject.