Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

NC 350Z/G35 Springtime Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Low J.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try to remember to post reminders on this section as well. I missed the last one because I was still laid up with a bad back so my wife went without me and took her orange Mazdaspeed.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:48 AM
mcduck

Jen... sounds like this may be a good excuse to meet for an early lunch in Greensboro, then head to Raleigh for the show.

Low J... can you post more details on this meet?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:17 PM
tenacious-j

ok thats fine...we can meet in g-town and cruise to raleigh. Anyway's thats where all my "fine A$$ friends" are. My friend with an sti might join us; although, I dunno if the girls would be up for it?? Perhaps if sharif joined us ;-) <clear throat> !! lol

sharif...are you out there?!?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by mcduck
Jen... sounds like this may be a good excuse to meet for an early lunch in Greensboro, then head to Raleigh for the show.

Low J... can you post more details on this meet?

sure, below is what I usually post in the reminder threads. Everyone shows up at 5pm and then we go in and eat at 5:30. After we eat then we go back out in the parking lot and drool on each others rides

Time/Date:
Saturday, May 7th at 5pm.
Future meetings: Meetings take place every first Saturday of each month at 5pm.

Where:
Carolina Ale House North Raleigh Location
(NOT old wake forest) just north of the 440 beltline
4512 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
Phone# (919) 431-0001
http://www.carolinaalehouse.com/
Old 04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
sxzgin

no drooling over my car allowed...its all stock -- accept for the oil filter i put in. :-)
Old 05-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is this thing locked in for sure? It would be great to see you all again.

Also, the Altana Drift Event at Road Atlanta is this weekend....I have some tentative plans to attend that. But if not, I'd love to meet up.

http://www.driftatlanta.com/

McDuck, lets roll together...I am sadened that you still havent seen my ride after the rebuild. I will be holding your clutch alignment tool hostage until we meet again!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:22 AM
newcredit

Sharif, It is a regular scheduled event! A few of us were there last month and the turnout was pretty good...now that it is warmer it should be even better.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:14 AM
mcduck

ok thats fine...we can meet in g-town and cruise to raleigh. Anyway's thats where all my "fine A$$ friends" are. My friend with an sti might join us; although, I dunno if the girls would be up for it?? Perhaps if sharif joined us ;-) <clear throat> !! lol

sharif...are you out there?!?
hmm... wondering if I should be offended that I received no mention here... especially since I'm the one that got this whole little NC group rolling. <hmph>

Oh well... pending a brake upgrade this week, I should be in (if anyone cares...<sniff> ) Hopefully the current forecast will change. Right now they're saying possibility of T-showers on Saturday.

Jen... where are we meeting???

McDuck, lets roll together...I am sadened that you still havent seen my ride after the rebuild. I will be holding your clutch alignment tool hostage until we meet again!
I WILL LIBERATE MY ALIGNMENT TOOL! Wait... that didn't sound quite right.
Yeah, we can meet up and roll. Any new news on your ride? Have you increased your numbers again? I'll shout at you later this week so we can figure out a game plan.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:31 AM
newcredit

Duck it's because we weren't featured in the Mechanics edition of GQ magazine!!! LOL

Some of us have 6 packs and some like myself Used To (Real Sniffle) but now have a Keg. Off to do some crunches!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Lil

I'm in pending weather, McDuck you want to meet up for the drive up and if so were you think we should meet at?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Low J.
Banned

so is there a time and location for the Gboror meet??? I just scoured this thread again and couldn't find details......hope I'm not just missing it somehow since I'm getting dozy here at 9:30pm
Old 05-03-2005, 07:59 AM
mcduck

nope... have seen no details on GBoro meeting location. Jen, what's the dealio?

My drive will also be pending weather, Shane. Also, getting my brakes mod done before the weekend. If the brakes are done and we have only spotty showers, I'll go. oh... and of course, we'll need a GBoro destination in order to kick things off.

Shane, you coming to ZDayZ?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:45 AM
zimbo

Andy and Sharif... You guys are thinking about coming all the way to Raleigh? If so, I'll plan on heading over to the Ale House meet on Saturday. I'd like to meet you guys (and of course drool in the general direction of your cars!!)

--Steve
Old 05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
mcduck

I'm still up in the air Steve. I **must** get my new brakes and rotors on the car prior to any long road trips. In theory, I was supposed to do this tomorrow but I'm still waiting on my parts at the moment. If they arrive in time for me to get the brake upgrades done prior to Saturday, I'm in. If not, I'll probably be doing this over the weekend.

I've still got your number. I'll give you a shout and let you know what the plan is. I think Shane (aka lil) was going to try to come as well. He's a recent Vortech convert.

At least the weather is not a ? mark anymore... looks like the rain will pretty well be clearing out by Saturday afternoon.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:31 PM
zimbo

I know how that goes. My car has various "issues" right now but I've been waiting until the spare engine rebuild is finished to do anything. But that's been an ongoing project for 6 freaking months now!! It's pretty lame to show someone my car and say "well, when it's running right and has good tires it's pretty fast" but that's pretty much where I'm at right now.

--Steve
Old 05-05-2005, 06:42 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduck
Shane, you coming to ZDayZ?
I don't want to speak for Shane, but I'm almost 100% sure he is going. I thought he'd told me he had his room already. We had talked at one time of driving up together. There is another Z here in town I think that is staying with Shane.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well,
I may be down in Rockingham on Saturday for recon, so I might not be there now.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:35 PM
tenacious-j

mcduck you are #1 in my book! Anybody from G-Town, where's a good place to eat?!? In addition, I would like to add that i'm on call this weekend...but actively searching for someone to take my place!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Jrb300z

If you want to stay with the car theme, I think there is a Nascar Cafe? at Four Seasons mall, and there should be plenty of parking there. I'm not totally familiar with that area as I go to Winston most of the time I go out. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 05-06-2005, 06:04 AM
mcduck

Well... still no sign of my brake parts ... and I may have a pressing commitment tomorrow afternoon.

Thinking I might head up to WS/Greensboro for lunch (if we can finalize a meeting place before the end of the day!), then double back to Charlotte. There's always the chance I can be talked into going to Raleigh, tho.

I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I know very little about W-S/Greensboro locations. If there are no other suggestions, I guess the Nascar Cafe will work. You can get directions on their website...
http://www.nascarcafe.com/htdocs/visitus/visitus.html

mcduck's suggestions...

Charlotte crew - meet at Wendy's parking lot near Concord Mills at 10:45am on Saturday. The Wendy's is on the opposite side of the highway from Concord Mills and across the street from Hooters and Quaker Steak & Lube. Plan to depart for Greensboro by 11:00am

Greensboro meet location - Greensboro area folks & Charlotte caravan meet at Nascar cafe approximately 12:30pm. Eat lunch, BS, etc. Depart Greensboro around 3:00pm (earlier if we want to take a roundabout path to Raleigh).

Raleigh Car meet - Arrive in Raleigh before 5:00pm at the Carolina Ale House. Eat, drink, carouse, drool at cars, etc. Head home = ???

If you're in, add your name to this list...
1. McDuck... I'm good at least thru GB if we get a few people on this list.

Quick Reply: NC 350Z/G35 Springtime Jamboree