Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002 | 06:10 PM
rahilio

i didnt get my vin till 3 days i got my car it took 3 months to get my car. Dealer took me by surprise (great dealer at that) i wasent expecting it till mid dec.had to get my loan in order and my money together
ordered it august 1st got it nov 12
love the car
Old 12-04-2002 | 06:33 PM
bhobson333

Default VIN

Originally posted by rforehand
I ordered my Z in October and I'm still waiting on a VIN number. I have the order number W212*** but no VIN yet.
Relax. I ordered early September, order# V349xxx. No VIN yet, but Nissan promises my dealer that it will be here by December 19th. I'm hoping for earlier!!!!
Old 12-04-2002 | 06:55 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

It is a tough wait but I think Nissan has things going well as you hear people receiving their cars regularly, at least you didn't have to wait 7 months like some of us.
Old 12-04-2002 | 06:58 PM
2003350zgirl

I ordered my car in August with an estimated delivery time of December. I keep calling them and calling them about my VIN but could never get a response. I made many calls to Nissan USA and they called the dealer and couldn't get any info either. The dealer finally admitted that they based their estimated delivery time on getting three cars a month but in October they only received one with only two coming in November. They said it would probably be late February to early march before the car would arrive. I told them I based my decision to buy the car there on the estimated delivery date and I was not going to wait that long. All you have to do is simply call around to the other dealerships to find out that there are cars to buy. Unfortunately I wanted a Chrome Silver Touring model with 5AT, side air bags and NAV. Finding these cars with side airbags is like looking for a needle in a haystack. They finally ended up trading a 350Z that came out of New York that they paid $1300 over MSRP for one like I wanted from another dealership. Since our transaction was such a mess they simply ate the additional cost so I just paid MSRP. I took delivery of my chrome silver touring with 5AT, airbags and NAV on Monday, December 2nd. I absolutely love it (except for the BOSE radio) and can hardly wait for the 1200-mile break-in period to be over. Naturally 2 days after I get the car we have a major snow, sleet and ice storm so it is covered and frozen at this time. I feel that the 350Z pre-order system has varied so greatly from one dealer to the next it has made accurately predicting delivery dates almost impossible. The bottom line is many of us that have been waiting for months after putting down our deposits could have gotten a car faster just by waiting for some of the cars to hit the dealer lots. If I hadn't told them I was going to buy one somewhere else if they didn't do something I would probably be waiting till March!!!
Old 12-04-2002 | 07:43 PM
Z Mack

Hey 2003350zgirl,

Where are you located in NC? There are a number of us here in Charlotte who are organinzing a get together this weekend for a drive around to some of the dealerships.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=12660

Hopefully the weather will have cleared up by then! Even if you can't make it, shoot an email to Andy Morris at mcduck@earthlink.net and he will keep you posted anytime we have a Z get together in the area.

Take care!
Old 12-12-2002 | 05:49 PM
WayneTN

Default similar situation

I ordered at the dealer Sept. 13 and the order went to Nissan on October 2. My Order # is W212###. Got the VIN about a week ago (~Dec. 3). Scheduled date for delivery is Dec. 28, but the dealer said to expect it about a week or so early (based on his last deliveries). Man, it's close for us now!

I did hear about a ship that was broken down. Hopefully our cars aren't on it!

WayneTN