Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005 | 07:02 PM
robbycolli

lucky break with the move this weekend.
Old 11-14-2005 | 05:49 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

My apologies for having to leave early, but I am glad I got to meet many of you. I’m glad everyone had a great time. I think this event will grow each year. I hope to see many of you again soon at one of our other events.

Marty
Old 11-14-2005 | 05:52 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Inovashn
i didn't get to make it to the meet or drive, but i rode through the innkeeper last night and i would like to say to playa with the black z and black volk's nice f$cking ride. anyhow i had to move sat and sun. the place i moved into was half soaking wet. the floor above us a sprunk a leak and we basically got a bigger place for the same price. of course it took a little finese
That was me, thanks for the comments!

Originally Posted by izulookn
Jay? I think you are talking about Robin's (buzzardmountain) Z. You should see the inside. Custon fabbed parts everywhere and a sound system that rocks. I am going to try to darken my rear lights like his and also take the amber off my headlights like on his. Thanks everyone for the great time today. Rob.
Nice meeting you Rob. And everyone else I met this weekend, I'm terrible with names. It was a fun weekend with great weather. The car show was cool. The drive in Wilmington was great as well. I hope to see it get bigger and bigger like Bain suggested.
Old 11-14-2005 | 07:06 AM
Stack

Default Some pics from sunday (D-U BEWARE)

Old 11-14-2005 | 07:22 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Stacy and Jason,

Where is the list of Winner names..

Old 11-14-2005 | 07:25 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Some more pics...

Even more stuff..

http://www.trianglezclub.com/modules...view_album.php
Old 11-14-2005 | 07:44 AM
Spdstr280Z

Default Show Winners

Showroom
1st - Larry Lufton
2nd - Damian Craig
3rd - Matt Sparks

S30
Keith Mashburn
Gerry Zoucha
Mark Wilson

S130
Ken Bolick
Jody Younger
Fred Ange

Z31
Brian Lukowski
Alex Labdon
Fred Cintorino

Z32
Kenny West
Chase Cassanova
Joe Gregory

Z33
Andy Morris
John Dunn
(Tie) Robin Lemans
(Tie) Ryan Ayres

Other Nissan
Trvor Bladen

Peoples Choice
Ryan Ayers

Dealers Choice
Ken Bolick

Jim Fitzgerald Award ( http://www.virhistory.com/vir/people/fitz.htm )
Ray Chisenhall
Old 11-14-2005 | 08:14 AM
Lightning Guy

Hats off the the Triangle/Triad Z clubs for an outstanding show.

Personal thanx to Bain for putting on such a spread at his Casa.

I had a blast, and since I won the poker run, I'm now on for two track events this year, I might have to bump up my schedule and purchase a Z b4 I was planning on it. Two trips to VIR is motivation enough.

Thanx to all who put this together.

Bryan
Old 11-14-2005 | 08:59 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
Hats off the the Triangle/Triad Z clubs for an outstanding show.

Personal thanx to Bain for putting on such a spread at his Casa.

I had a blast, and since I won the poker run, I'm now on for two track events this year, I might have to bump up my schedule and purchase a Z b4 I was planning on it. Two trips to VIR is motivation enough.

Thanx to all who put this together.

Bryan
lol, figures you would win...

I bet you had a card up your sleeve...
Old 11-14-2005 | 09:11 AM
Spdstr280Z

Originally Posted by mhoward1

If he did, he's a great actor, he was whining about every card he got, until he pulled them all out and looked at them at once.

Jason
Old 11-14-2005 | 10:09 AM
Lightning Guy

My highest card was a 7. The wild card I got from the car show was a 6 of diamonds. I had a pair of sixes until I gothte last card, and ace. great just what I needed, an ace. I started looking more closely since they were all red. 1 diamond, and 5 hearts. ace high flush, sweet.

Andy pinned it right though. Everytime I go to a Z event, I win something pretty good.

B
Old 11-14-2005 | 11:11 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by Stack
[IMG]

Stacy,

I guess this is Bain's spread. Nice! Sorry I missed the fun in Wilmington.

John

Last edited by ZPirate; 11-14-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2005 | 11:17 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by Spdstr280Z
Showroom
1st - Larry Lufton
2nd - Damian Craig
3rd - Matt Sparks

S30
Keith Mashburn
Gerry Zoucha
Mark Wilson

S130
Ken Bolick
Jody Younger
Fred Ange

Z31
Brian Lukowski
Alex Labdon
Fred Cintorino

Z32
Kenny West
Chase Cassanova
Joe Gregory

Z33
Andy Morris
John Dunn
(Tie) Robin Lemans
(Tie) Ryan Ayres

Other Nissan
Trvor Bladen

Peoples Choice
Ryan Ayers

Dealers Choice
Ken Bolick

Jim Fitzgerald Award ( http://www.virhistory.com/vir/people/fitz.htm )
Ray Chisenhall
Jason,

Thanks again. See my post on the prior page if you haven't already about the show.

John
Old 11-14-2005 | 11:25 AM
Stack

SEE!! You should have come down! lol

We will be doing this again next year... and if I have anything to say about it, it will be on the same weekend, and we'll probably do it just like this year, show on Saturday, Z Blast on Sunday... it worked out very well... gives people a choice of three ways to participate... and adds some driving to the mix of the weekend. We'll try to be a little more organized for Sunday... have some activities Saturday night lined up for those who want to drive to wilmington early... hopefully be able to spend a little more time at each stop... who knows... we'll entertain suggestions too.

We've got room there for 200 cars if we want... we'd need a lot more tables and chairs for the food... and a slightly bigger pig, but its do-able. If we can ever get the Cape Fear Z Club, or Port City Z Club... whichever, back up and running... more than likely that would become the location for their annual show if they so choose to have one.
Old 11-14-2005 | 12:01 PM
Spdstr280Z

Originally Posted by Stack
SEE!! You should have come down! lol

We will be doing this again next year... and if I have anything to say about it, it will be on the same weekend, and we'll probably do it just like this year, show on Saturday, Z Blast on Sunday... it worked out very well... gives people a choice of three ways to participate... and adds some driving to the mix of the weekend. We'll try to be a little more organized for Sunday... have some activities Saturday night lined up for those who want to drive to wilmington early... hopefully be able to spend a little more time at each stop... who knows... we'll entertain suggestions too.
I think we all agree on that one, it was a great way to spend a weekend, we already know we could/should have been better organized for the Saturday night / Sunday morning activities. There was actually a cookout planned for Saturday night, but it didn't quite materialize. We are certainly open for suggestions on improving the events and drawing an even bigger crowd. I think Bains stipulation for Sunday was that next time everyone brings a Z driving friend!

Jason
Old 11-14-2005 | 12:05 PM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Given that this event was done on very short notice, both the turn out and enthusiasm for it was outstanding. As many of you know the show was originally planed for earlier this fall, but thanks to a tropical storm we had to cancel it, and its original rain date. We at the TZC were not sure if we would have a show, which would have been disappointing because last year’s show was a great success as well. This year we had a great turn out of all generations, and a outstanding examples of each in the dealer’s showroom. Talk about a photo op. We also had comments from the salesmen about how some of the customers looking at 350Zs were inspired by the ones that were there, and I think we even had a new member join that was there to buy a new roadster.

The Beach run was just a last minute brain child because we missed the original beach blast put on by the coastal clubs. I wasn’t able to make it down, from what I have hear things were a blast. I hope that Stacy, chase, Bryan, or anyone else who was down there will be able to post some details of the cookout and the poker run. Anyone who attended the show and went down for the poker run also got a Bonus card. For those who didn’t go the prizes for the poker run where:
1) 1 TZC/THSCC Track event of your choice
2) $100 gift certificate to RPM Nissan
3) Great set of limited print Nissan Posters
4) Shirt and Hat Combo
and misc. other stuff.

When we decided to combine the two a few weeks ago, we were not sure if it would split the attendance or just be too much in one weekend. I think the Z community answered our questions. We had an increase of both events from when they were separate, and everyone said they had a blast.

Look for an even bigger and better event next year. We have already started the planning for it, and I think as an annual event this will continue to grow. We may even have a 4th set of activities available that will really round out the weekend.

Once again a big thank you to everyone that came out and enjoyed themselves.

Marty
Old 11-14-2005 | 12:06 PM
mcduck

Thanks to Triangle Z, Triad Z, and Bain Williams for hosting a great pair of events. The weather was beautiful. Couldn't ask for a better weekend. While planning deteriorated at points, I don't think it detracted greatly from either the show or the poker run. Though, with more cars, it would have been dicey.

Ideas for next time...
1 - more time driving up/down the coast
2 - station someone at each poker run 'stop' so groups can move at their own pace (more important when you have more cars. For as many as we had this weekend, it worked well as is).
3 - have the show at Bain's casa!
4 - Saturday night activities may be a good idea, but I can tell you our group from Charlotte was beat by the time we got to the hotel in Wilmington. After grabbing dinner, most of us just crashed.
Old 11-14-2005 | 12:10 PM
mcduck

Given that this event was done on very short notice, both the turn out and enthusiasm for it was outstanding. As many of you know the show was originally planed for earlier this fall, but thanks to a tropical storm we had to cancel it, and its original rain date. We at the TZC were not sure if we would have a show, which would have been disappointing because last year’s show was a great success as well. This year we had a great turn out of all generations, and a outstanding examples of each in the dealer’s showroom. Talk about a photo op. We also had comments from the salesmen about how some of the customers looking at 350Zs were inspired by the ones that were there, and I think we even had a new member join that was there to buy a new roadster.

The Beach run was just a last minute brain child because we missed the original beach blast put on by the coastal clubs. I wasn’t able to make it down, from what I have hear things were a blast. I hope that Stacy, chase, Bryan, or anyone else who was down there will be able to post some details of the cookout and the poker run. Anyone who attended the show and went down for the poker run also got a Bonus card. For those who didn’t go the prizes for the poker run where:
1) 1 TZC/THSCC Track event of your choice
2) $100 gift certificate to RPM Nissan
3) Great set of limited print Nissan Posters
4) Shirt and Hat Combo
and misc. other stuff.

When we decided to combine the two a few weeks ago, we were not sure if it would split the attendance or just be too much in one weekend. I think the Z community answered our questions. We had an increase of both events from when they were separate, and everyone said they had a blast.

Look for an even bigger and better event next year. We have already started the planning for it, and I think as an annual event this will continue to grow. We may even have a 4th set of activities available that will really round out the weekend.

Once again a big thank you to everyone that came out and enjoyed themselves.

Marty
you guys may have just saved me the effort of creating a fall coastal ZDayZ event.
Old 11-15-2005 | 09:13 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by mcduck
you guys may have just saved me the effort of creating a fall coastal ZDayZ event.
Andy,

Nice meeting you at the Durham show and congradulations on winning 1st place in the Z33 category. Your car is bad a$$. Given the level of competition I was actually surprised that I took second.

John