Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Whats everyone doing for Zdayz this year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Morris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
If there's a Greg Baker out there that's attending ZdayZ or if anyone know's him....how about shooting me a PM please. Got a quick question....

Robin, call me.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Morris

Not wanting to speak for the organizers.....but I'm guessing it's because the car show takes a large staff and time to pull off.

I'm guessing nixing the car show is a test.....maybe it comes back the following year......who knows...???
Why no car show? The car shows takes almost a whole day for the participants and a day or more for staff. We wanted to free up time for participants to drive more, and we wanted to give the staff a break.

Robin is right, this is a test. We may bring it back next year.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielW
robbin,

you're such a quiet reserved guy I can't imagine you drunk and making noise until the wee hours of the morning.
haha......you've only seen me at a couple of meets.....which means no drinking and driving. Get to ZdayZ.....5 days of no work, no family, Z friends, copious amounts of beeeers, good tunage, it's a recipe for a good time.

The key is to get you guys off that damn boat at least Fri. or Sat. night......you guys missed it last year.

Originally Posted by Sisko99
Robin's sneaky like that. You think....oh...Robin won't make much noise...then BOOM! Though mostly he just snores loud enough to wake the dead....
Lies............Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
coachk
Banned

You guys on the boat better sleep with 1 eye open because when the crew from Fl. gets there, all hell is gonna break loose. Just a PSA for now, more to come
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I am so jealous of you Florida guys. I wish we 10% of the car scene here that ya'll have down there. I didn't get to meet as many of ya'll last year as I would have liked, so hopefully this year we can all booze it up together.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:56 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Luie or Kevin, has there been anymore info on the houseboat?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:20 AM
DanielW
Banned

The key is to get you guys off that damn boat at least Fri. or Sat. night......you guys missed it last year.

now theres nowhere left to stay though...
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM
buzzardmountain

now theres nowhere left to stay though...
I may have two cabins that can be reserved.....
Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 AM
buzzardmountain

Greetings ZDayZ Fans! Welcome to the long overdue update of our website! Over the next few weeks, you will see many changes and updates as we refresh our look and content.

As has been the case the past four years, staff are hard at work securing sponsors, planning activies, and building excitement for what we expect will be one of our greatest ZDayZ events yet! This is our 5th year of ZDayZ and we are hoping all our old friends and plenty of new ones are planning to attend to make the event one of the best regional Z-car meets in the country.

You will notice we already have a start on our club and company sponsors. So far, seven clubs and seven companies have elected to sponsor ZDayZ 2008 and we expect more to be added in the coming weeks. Again, watch these pages as we add sponsors. Our partner sponsors' websites can be reached through the static logo links to the left (and, of course, through the company sponsor page when it is updated). In addition, all sponsor clubs and companies can be reached through the rotating link window in the upper right of all pages. We hope this will help you reach your favorite sponsors more quickly. Be sure to mention ZDayZ when you visit them or make a purchase! : )

Also, it is not just the look of our website that is changing. There are some key changes happening with ZDayZ itself. These will be described in more detail on the Schedule page when it is updated, but there is one everyone should know about immediately. Some of you may have heard that there will be no car show at ZDayZ 2008. This is 100% true. For a variety of reasons, we have removed the car show from the schedule this year. This does not mean the show is gone for good. One of the reasons we removed the car show is because ZDayZ was started more as a meet, greet, and drive event. The car show kind of departs from this philosophy since those participating must devote a lot of time to show prep. So, we thought we would try to shift the emphasis back to the fantastic mountain roads and just hanging out with others in the Z community. Rest assured there will be plenty of other great activities both on the roads and at Fontana Village to fill your time. Another consideration was resources necessary to run the car show. Whether you are aware or not, it takes a lot of extra planning and an enormous amount of people to pull off a great car show. Instead of focusing heavily on one activity, we can now spread that planning and resource time out to more activities, giving attendees more choices of things to do. We think the changes will enhance the ZDayZ experience and feel you will agree after ZDayZ 2008 has ended.

Finally, if you are planning to attend, be sure to book your rooms/cabins soon. As of Monday, Jan 21st, Fontana Village was almost completely booked! This is nearly a month earlier than normal, leading us to believe this will be the biggest ZDayZ ever!!! To make reservations with Fontana Village, call them at 800-849-2258. We will soon have our Lodging link updated with alternate locations to find a room that are within a short drive of Fontana Village.

More updates soon.

http://zdayzevents.com/

Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 AM
buzzardmountain

Sponsors so far.......

ZDayZ 2008 Partner Sponsors

Forged Performance

Marietta, GA

Crawford Z Car Service

Nashville, TN

Injected Performance

Lexington, KY

Z1 Motorsports

Carrollton, GA

ThePowderCoater.com

Loganville, GA
Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
buzzardmountain

cont.....

ZDayZ 2008 Sponsors

Black Dragon Automotive

Lenexa, KS

Z1 Performance

St. James, NY

Fontana Village Resort

Fontana, NC
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

theres gonna be some baller cars there
Old 01-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

I may have two cabins that can be reserved.....

price

dont know if the boat thing is going to happen
Old 01-24-2008, 07:47 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Cux350z
price

dont know if the boat thing is going to happen
Keep reminding me.......it'll be whatever Fontana charges....I'm not planning on making any $$.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM
ke0ki2k

ahhhh im excited. anybody got some spare wheel boots incase the LEO's happen to be up there and need to be rendered combat ineffective?

...just a thought.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
Dude, I don't think you'd want any strippers from that area. Hairy mountain women FTL.
+1. go pick up some skanky girls at a UTK frat party ftmfw. they'll strip for money and attention.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 AM
reptile718

It looks like the boat thing is back on for ZDAYZ 08. I talked to Tam & Kev and they said as of this past weekend both boats are available for those dates. I'm surprised they have not posted anything, I will have to search and make sure so who is still interested in this? PM me to see if we can get enough ppl to reserve it!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 AM
DanielW
Banned

Any word on the expected COP presence for Z dayz? I don't want to drive the dragon if there is going to be any chance of getting busted by the fuzz
Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 AM
tiger333

can i crash on the floor in someones room??? hahaha i got sleeping bags
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Billhyco

Any word on the expected COP presence for Z dayz? I don't want to drive the dragon if there is going to be any chance of getting busted by the fuzz
there are always going to be the presence of the law at the dragon. I think a only a couple guys got tickets last year mostly for speed related issues. only 2 out of the 250 cars is pretty good i think. however if you are asking if the Higway Patrol are still targeting that area as they once were then I would hunt around on their site.. www.tailofthedragon.com OR bike forums.

Quick Reply: Whats everyone doing for Zdayz this year?