Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Whats everyone doing for Zdayz this year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:16 AM
nickZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I NEED A HOTEL ROOM! if any1 has any openings PM me i dont want to miss out this year!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM
reptile718

Originally Posted by nickZ33
I NEED A HOTEL ROOM! if any1 has any openings PM me i dont want to miss out this year!
Check it out!

https://my350z.com/forum/south-east/331315-zdayz-here-again-yeah-we-got-the-party-boat-anyone-need-a-place.html
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
nickZ33

Originally Posted by reptile718
i read it but i dont think i really want to do a party boat lol im looking for just a floor in someones cabin i think @ this point lol
Old 01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ZDayZ 2008 Activity Schedule

The schedule of activities shown below is tentative. Some activities and times may change. Watch for a final schedule to be published shortly before ZDayZ weekend. Click on activity name to be taken to description of that activity.

THURSDAY

4:00pm to 9:00pm Rec Hall ZDayZ Registration / Check-In

4:00pm Rec Hall Digital Scavenger Hunt Begins

FRIDAY

9:00am to 9:00pm Rec Hall ZDayZ Registration / Check-In

noon to ??? General Store Parking Mountain Cruise #1

noon to 5:00pm Ball Field Meet and Greet

5:00pm to 5:30pm Ball Field Opening Remarks / Friday Sponsor Prizes

5:30pm to 8:00pm Rec Hall Friday Group Dinner

Dusk Ball Field Outdoor Movie

SATURDAY

8:00am to ??? General Store Parking Mountain Cruise #2

9:00am to 5:00pm Rec Hall ZDayZ Registration / Check-In

10:00am to 2:00pm TBD ZDayZ Poker Run / Prize Rally

noon to 3:00pm TBD Group Picture Staging and Photograph

2:00pm to 5:00pm Ball Field Sponsor Tech Sessions
2:00pm to 5:00pm Ball Field Digital Scavenger Hunt
5:00pm to 5:30pm Ball Field Saturday Sponsor Prizes / Premium Raffle Drawings

5:30pm to 8:00pm Rec Hall Saturday Group Dinner
8:00pm to ??? Rec Hall Texas Hold'em Tournament 3

SUNDAY

9:00am to noon Lodge Lobby Meet ZDayZ Organizers

ZDayZ Ends

Don't forget to make your reservations for ZDayZ 2009!!!

Activity Descriptions

ZDayZ Registration / Check-In - One of your first stops at ZDayZ. Visit the Rec Hall to register or check-in to ZDayZ 2008. You will receive your ZDayZ namebadge, which grants access to all ZDayZ activites, when you check-in. In addition, many sponsor handouts and other welcome items will be available at the registration desk. This is also where you will be able to purchase ZDayZ products and tickets for raffle items. The registration desk will be staffed Thursday evening, all day Friday, and through Saturday afternoon.

Digital Scavenger Hunt - Returning to ZDayZ was one of the favorite activities of ZDayZ 2006, the ZDayZ Digital Scavenger Hunt! ZDayZ attendees will be able to pick up a list of scavenger hunt items at the ZDayZ Registration Desk. Over the course of the weekend, attendees are encouraged to find as many items on the list as possible. On Saturday, ZDayZ staff will review images of items attendees have found. Prizes will be available based on the items found on the list. Images will not be reviewed before the designated time on Saturday.

Mountain Cruises - The mountain cruise activities give attendees a set time to set out and explore the great mountain roads in the area as part of a Z caravan. These drives will be geared toward finding less traveled roads and more scenic drives. If possible, one or more people who have previously attended ZDayZ will be designated to lead the mountain cruises.

ZDayZ Meet & Greet - Since there is no ZDayZ car show this year, we decided it would be great if we could still find a way to encourage everyone to gather. Beginning about noon on Friday, attendees will be able to park on and around the ball field to show off their sweet Z-cars and G35s. During this time, everyone will be free to come and go as they please, but we will probably ask anyone parking on the ballfield to remain until the meet and greet ends. This activity will end with ZDayZ Opening Remarks and first prize giveaways. So you definitely want to be sure to arrive before 5:00pm!

Opening Remarks - As the meet and greet ends, ZDayZ organizers will make any necessary administrative announcements. This will also be your first opportunity to find out the latest information on the weekend's various scheduled activities. In addition, registered attendees will be eligible to win prizes donated by our ZDayZ sponsors.

Group Dinners - As with previous ZDayZ, group dinners will be available for attendees on both Friday and Saturday night. The menu for each dinner will be provided soon. Both dinners for ZDayZ 2008 are optional activities and only available to registered ZDayZ attendees. So, attendees can choose to attend one, both, or neither of the dinners, paying only for those they wish to attend. While we have not scheduled any activities to coincide with either dinner at this time, we feel the dinners are still one of the best opportunities to meet with your friends and share stories of the day's events.

Outdoor Movie - For the first time at ZDayZ, we will be attempting to present one or more movies on a large outdoor screen located on the ballfield! Other car groups meeting at Fontana Village have tried this activity and it seems to be a hit. So, we figured we would give it a try in 2008. Expect car-oriented entertainment and an open atmosphere to mingle with your Z friends. If weather is inclimate on Friday, we will swap this activity time with the Texas Hold'em Tournament on Saturday.

ZDayZ Prize Rally - Details still being finalized. Expect ZDayZ Poker Run 2008 to be updated and improved!

ZDayZ Group Photo - The ZDayZ 2008 Group Photo will be taken at the endpoint for the ZDayZ 2008 Prize Rally. You will not need to participate in the Prize Rally to be included in the group photo, just show up before the time designated for the photo. Depending on final arrangements, the picture will be taken either at Fontana Dam or on the ball field. More details to come.

Sponsor Tech Sessions - More details to come. As with previous ZDayZ, we hope to see several of our vendor partners and sponsors on site in 2008. Each sponsor will have the option to set up a vendor booth and partner sponsers will have the option to present a 30-45 minute Tech Session on Saturday afternoon.

Premium Raffle and Sponsor Prize Giveaways - Saturday afternoon following the Group Photo and Sponsor Tech Sessions, ZDayZ organizers will make some final remarks and draw winners for premium raffle items, as well as give away more sponsor donated prizes to registered ZDayZ attendees.

ZDayZ Texas Hold'em Tournament - Another great activity returning from 2006! Registered ZDayZ attendees are invited to participate in the ZDayZ Texas Hold'em Tournament 3. An awesome way to end your ZDayZ weekend and the final opportunity to win some great sponsor provided prizes! More information on the Texas Hold'em Tournament to come.

Meet the ZDayZ Organizers
- As always, we will want to hear your impressions and feedback about ZDayZ 2008. ZDayZ planners will be stationed in the lobby of Fontana Village Resort's lodge Sunday morning to receive your feedback forms and talk to you about what you liked or didn't like about the event.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:42 PM
nickZ33

god that all sounds amazing! i need a room! someoone help me!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
nathanwl2004

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Thanks, just made them! I'm all excited and I know either its gonna rain or the miltary is gonna **** on my parade...again!
I know how that feels they just about did the same for me last year. be aware that there is no cell phone service up there hardly at all so if you on any recall status beware.

last year we didn't get back to fayetteville till like 1AM and I had to be at manifest for a full tactical jump at 0345. that sucked *****.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM
ke0ki2k

gonna be a blast. but yeah, if youre AT the lodge youre a good 30 minutes from cell phone service of any kind.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:04 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004
I know how that feels they just about did the same for me last year. be aware that there is no cell phone service up there hardly at all so if you on any recall status beware.

last year we didn't get back to fayetteville till like 1AM and I had to be at manifest for a full tactical jump at 0345. that sucked *****.
amn i miss those days. . . 9 more months til i hopefully get back there lol
Old 02-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by nickZ33
god that all sounds amazing! i need a room! someoone help me!

hey dooode, not sure how much room there will be but we have a room at the Village. You are more then welcome to the floor. Unless your not a normal person or gay. sorry, i know that is terrible to say but true. we drink and like to have fun but were not stupid rowdy people at all, so we really don't want that type of person crashing with us. anyone vouch that Nickz33 is a cool cat that won't steal out crap or get us kicked out? Don't happen to have about 4 hot women coming with ya??? Only issue I can think of is getting you a key for the place. Typically a room only gets two keys. we could always hide one i suppose. Anyhow, PM me and I will get ya the info that I have for now.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump for any update on a caravan leaving from the triangle, or any leads on places to stay. I have a buddy in Knoxville, but I can imagine that will get old fast.

I must live under a rock to have missed this.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Billhyco

see the post above yours. the floor is still available...but thats all we got. anyhow, when are you leaving? i won't be headed down till that Friday morning. Hopefully early as possible so if you or anyone else wants to caravan that morning, i'm game.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 AM
imonlykidden

Can't wait.