Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Florida Panhandle People: Avoid Restylers Shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 PM
GfortheCPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Panhandle People: Avoid Restylers Shop

For all of you that are in the FL panhandle near Ft. Walton or Destin, I would suggest you avoid using a particular aftermarket shop in the area.

Restylers has terrible service and are incapable of performing simple installs.

I had new tires put on and tires rotated and aside from scratching every single one of my wheels terribly and then denying it and saying it was curb rash (the two obviously look completely different) they couldn't even properly seal the tires so that the didn't leak.

On top of all that they treat the customer like crap and try to lie and fabricate stories.

Some other folks told me to avoid them but I thought it was worth the slightly cheaper install.....
Old 11-20-2008, 03:53 PM
GT47R

Oh wow, that sucks man, I hope it's all fixed now!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Tom s Z

Originally Posted by GfortheCPE

Some other folks told me to avoid them but I thought it was worth the slightly cheaper install.....
Sorry to hear that man...Restylers is prob the worst aftermarket shop in our area and i'm surprised they were cheaper than other shops. What wheels did they mess up? pics?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:34 PM
imonlykidden

Well, you get what you pay for.

Is that not a saying.
I almost live by it.
Not really.

But, goodluck with all your endevers.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Swifty

i feel your pain bro. I hate that place. I went in there to buy some wheels for my truck and the customer service was horrible and the prices are crazy high. Hope everything turns out ok for ya.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Nevr2loe

DUDE! I was standing there when that guy (GFortheCPE) Was in there Complaining, and He told them that he Rode on the Tire for a few miles before he filled it up, He "Thought" He could make it to the store, Thats retarded, and then to try and blame Restylers for it being messed up? WoW! I got my Rims put on the same day they were flawless, Wheels/Tires/ Everything not a scratch or nick... Plus they were cheaper and the guys were cool. I think that guy just needs to settle down and come to realize it was his fault instead of blaming someone else and make and excellent shop in town look bad.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nevr2loe
DUDE! I was standing there when that guy (GFortheCPE) Was in there Complaining, and He told them that he Rode on the Tire for a few miles before he filled it up, He "Thought" He could make it to the store, Thats retarded, and then to try and blame Restylers for it being messed up? WoW! I got my Rims put on the same day they were flawless, Wheels/Tires/ Everything not a scratch or nick... Plus they were cheaper and the guys were cool. I think that guy just needs to settle down and come to realize it was his fault instead of blaming someone else and make and excellent shop in town look bad.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:20 PM
radiologue

Appreciate the information.

If you hear numerous negative comments about something or someone---then at least some of that info is probably true. but...

Recommend keeping your constructive criticism to the facts and let other people make their own decisions. It will limit the amount of criticism you will receive in return.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:35 PM
robbie2883

Originally Posted by Nevr2loe

for the record this is Chris, the salesman there trying to play off as a customer. he's just trying to defend restylers by lying
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Jes-Z

Sounded like it. Especially since he only has one post.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
robbie2883

i helped open that store and worked there for 4 years just to be shat on by the owner. i always kept my mouth closed b/c it was my job, but you're not the first to ever get ripped off. sorry to hear man.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
TSG-Z

I love internet conflict! So, I say continue on, OP please respond!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Nevr2loe

Whats Up guys, My name is AJ, And no this isnt chis but yeshe is a really good friend of mine, I WAS Standing there when this guy said that he Rode on the tire for a few miles, before stopping at a gas station, as well as, I have seen the machine in Restylers, and it is what they call a Touchless machine, so tell me this, if its touchless, how does it scratch it?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:36 AM
robbie2883

chris...common...get real man. stop lying. this is the SAME username you have on half your other forums. as for touchless? there's nothing touchless about the machine restylers uses. as a matter of fact the only reason it's a machine made to not scratch rims is b/c it has these little nylon pieces that cover all the parts that come in contact with the wheel....but they wear out quick. once those are off it's metal on metal contact. the problem is in the 4 years i worked there for the past 2-3 years the owner never replaced those covers b/c he didn't want to spend the money. i'm not saying that restylers scratched them....all i'm doing is pointing out you trying to cover up anything and everything
Old 12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Tom s Z

Unless you "know" the people that work there, No shop in FWB is good IMO. I always take pics before, during and after installation of wheels/tire because of the distrust in the shops here in the area
Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
-AR-

Originally Posted by Tom's Z
Unless you "know" the people that work there, No shop in FWB is good IMO. I always take pics before, during and after installation of wheels/tire because of the distrust in the shops here in the area
+1