Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Feb. 21, 2009 - Official Welcome Back Milton (TunedG37) BBQ Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 AM
TunedG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renshi
sounds good but Antoine and Eric (jobless) are gonna have a hard time buying all the buns for that. Antoines also signed up to buy cheese for the burgers. gonna need more ppl to help em out.

Milton what're you bringing for your BBQ?
What am I bringing? I'm bringing the "TOOTHPICKS" son...the minty ones, LMAO!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by TunedG37
What am I bringing? I'm bringing the "TOOTHPICKS" son...the minty ones, LMAO!!!
why is toothpicks in quotes? Inside joke?

Because those minty toothpicks are the bomb.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
WildWes

Let us simplify this.

Everyone should bring a dish. Aside from the dish, we have to contribute(moneywise) on the following items:

1. shelter/pavillion
2. charcoal
3. sodas/water/ice
4. plates/cups
5. disposable utensils

This is a BBQ as pertained by the thread title, something to do with a grill. Not everybody drinks, and we are not condoning drinking on this BQQ meet. Now if you bring beer, it is your own responsibility, you are an adult, but beer is not a contribution to the picnic.

Everybody wants a picnic, nobody wants to bring food. Again, everyone MUST bring a dish, either make one or buy one that you can contribute, or anything to do with the grill.

Jun, estimate how much the contribution will be from the number of attendees, and when is the deadline for payment, so there is enough time to buy items needed.

Let us discuss more on Saturday. Everybody's contribution will determine the success of this BBQ Meet.

With Jun's leadership and guidance, Milton will feel welcomed.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
GT47R

All hail Jun!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
WildWes

Jun FTW!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:00 AM
TunedG37

Originally Posted by WildWes
Let us simplify this.

Everyone should bring a dish. Aside from the dish, we have to contribute(moneywise) on the following items:

1. shelter/pavillion
2. charcoal
3. sodas/water/ice
4. plates/cups
5. disposable utensils

This is a BBQ as pertained by the thread title, something to do with a grill. Not everybody drinks, and we are not condoning drinking on this BQQ meet. Now if you bring beer, it is your own responsibility, you are an adult, but beer is not a contribution to the picnic.

Everybody wants a picnic, nobody wants to bring food. Again, everyone MUST bring a dish, either make one or buy one that you can contribute, or anything to do with the grill.

Jun, estimate how much the contribution will be from the number of attendees, and when is the deadline for payment, so there is enough time to buy items needed.

Let us discuss more on Saturday. Everybody's contribution will determine the success of this BBQ Meet.

With Jun's leadership and guidance, Milton will feel welcomed.
You said it perfect Wes!!!! But I'm still brining the TOOTHPICKS, LMAO!!!!!

My contribution will be to pay a good chunk on the amount it's going to cost for the shelter. I'll let everybody else deal with the food.

Now Wes about the food part. If everyone that's going, brings a dish of food, then that's going to be too much food in my opinion and plenty of leftovers for what. Then who's going to bring the rest of the other important items such as utensils, ketchup, etc...It's just in my honest opinion too much for every single person to bring a dish of food. For example if everyone brings a dish of food, and lets say somebody brings something that 99% of the people going don't eat out of that person's particular dish that he or she spent on, then that's going to suck for the person who brought it.

Like I said before, the following foods below should be the main dishes that we should bring.

Burgers
Hotdogs
Steaks
Chicken Wings

I think this is how we should do this. We still got exactly a month away for this to happen. Two weeks from now we should have a final idea of who's going.

From the final list of people that are going, two seperate people should bring a pack of Burgers with buns, two seperate people should bring a pack of Hotdogs with buns, two seperate people should bring Chicken wings (the type that Publix or Winn-Dixie sells already warm piled up on a nice platter)...About the steaks, I dunno cuz I know that steaks can be expensive, etc...Then two seperate people can bring chips. Then one person can bring utensils...One person can bring the ketchup, mustard and mayo...and yara yara yara...

Wes since you're the ring leader of Sat meets. I say you should write down on a piece of paper a list of everything that needs to be brought to the BBQ. Then when you meet up with people this Sat, and next Sat and the one following Sat after that, you should already have a good list checked off of who's bringing what. Then post it up on here in the thread so that everything is down and legit.

Agreed? Let me know...Thanks

Oh and Wes about the beer drinking, some people are going to be for it, and others against it like yourself. Let whoever is bringing beer and drinking it to drink it. It's their responsibility, unless I guess if everybody agrees then on just brining soda, juice and water...

Last edited by TunedG37; 01-22-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Renshi

Originally Posted by TunedG37
You said it perfect Wes!!!! But I'm still brining the TOOTHPICKS, LMAO!!!!!
LOL
Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

As far as the shelter, we need to register it ASAP in order to secure it.
So we are set on Shelter #5 then, we all agree?

As far as the food and stuff, all of it can be purchased that same week, and we should wait until then to purchase it, since we do not know how much we are going to need based on the number of people attending.

Who else are we inviting?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 AM
kno

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts

"it's going to cost about $145 with $50 refundable deposit, so in the end it comes out to $95 after refund. We need to make sure we don't leave the place a m"

so i have to give a 50$ deposit plus 5$ of parking plus i have to bring my own food? i dont get it?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Renshi

Originally Posted by Jun
Who else are we inviting?
I already PM'd/invited everyone in the group
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

I agree with you Milton, burgers/hotdogs/wings are fine.

Steaks on the other hand, on top of being expensive, you are now required to sit down and use a fork/knife to eat it= complicates things.

Let's keep it simple and cost effective, i think we are more than fine with the burgers/dogs/wings.

As for beer, I don't mind making this a non-alcoholic event. The beer spawned from the BBQ at your house, but now we are at a public place. So if everyone is ok with it, we can just make it a alcohol-free BBQ, that is fine with me, less worries too.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
WildWes

Milton, I love beer, certainly not against it. But there are liabilities if you condone bringing beer to a meet.

To each his own.

Let us discuss more on Saturday. Let Jun take charge of this BBQ. This is his thread, but he has my support.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by kno
"it's going to cost about $145 with $50 refundable deposit, so in the end it comes out to $95 after refund. We need to make sure we don't leave the place a m"

so i have to give a 50$ deposit plus 5$ of parking plus i have to bring my own food? i dont get it?
Total cost to rent the shelter is $145, which includes the $50 security deposit that is refundable. Final cost = $145 -$50 = $95 if the place is left how we got it.

This $95 charge is the final cost of the shelter, which will be divided by x number of people who want to contribute. If 10 people split it the cost, then it's $9.50/person.

The $5 you have to pay regardless just to get into the park.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 AM
WildWes

I agree with Jun on selection of foods.

Everytime we have a group BBQ/picnic, we will have Jun as our leader/coordinator. Hail Jun!!

Last edited by WildWes; 01-22-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

And Milton, we don't need you to pay a good chunk of the shelter, we are all part of it, so we can split the costs between a few of us.

I think if we split the cost of the shelter between 10 people it should be more than enough, it's basically $15/person. Let's meet Saturday and collect $15 from 10 members and we'll have the shelter covered ($5 refund after the BBQ)

1. Jun

Let's tackle the issues individually, it's much easier to solve them that way.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:23 AM
AnthonyZ33

Default BBQ

That def sounds like a plan to me =) im sure we'll make an appearance and ill def bring some food and beer!!!! Thanks for the invite bro!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
GT47R

Also let's try to keep a ratio of 2 girls per guy!
Okthanxbye!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
WildWes

I think if we split the cost of the shelter between 10 people it should be more than enough, it's basically $15/person. Let's meet Saturday and collect $15 from 10 members and we'll have the shelter covered ($5 refund after the BBQ)

1. Jun
2. WildWes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
TunedG37

Originally Posted by kno

Let me handle the $50 deposit and give the money to Wes or Jun this Sat so that either one can reserve the shelter. Then the other $95 can be divided amongst the rest of the people that are going. I say in two to three weeks from now we should have a final tally of who's going? Then everybody should meet up with Wes on the usual Sat meet the Sat before the BBQ so that everyone can pay up their part of the bargain.

Kno as far as you bringing your own food? You don't need to bring your own food. Between Wes and Jun they will have a list written down of foods and items that you can choose from whatever is on the list if available for you to bring.

Hey Jun do a final list of exactly everything that should be brought? Then we'll have the people decide what they want to bring. Like I said before as far as the burgers, hotdogs, and wings are concerned...two people can bring the burgers with buns, two other people can bring hotdogs and buns, and two other people can bring chicken wings. I think that should cover the food.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
WildWes

Anthony. look @ #77 post. You need to comply.

Quick Reply: Feb. 21, 2009 - Official Welcome Back Milton (TunedG37) BBQ Meet