Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

HIN Tampa (Who's Registering Their Cars, Who Plans on Going???)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:55 PM
WildWes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amy, just find us a hotel somewhere along the zip code of Tropicana Field and don't get the expensive one since we don't plan to sleep Friday night, and more sleepless night on Saturday night.
Thanks Amy and you are definitely the best President of Chonga Z Club of Florida.
Any window decal of Chonga Z Club yet?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Tuned2JZ

Hey I found a couple of hotels that are cheap and only 3.9 miles away from Tropicana Field...

1st up is the Ramada Inn...Only $63.75 per night...

https://www.ramada.com/Ramada/contro...kAvailMod=true

Then there's Days Inn...3.8 miles away from Tropicana Field...

$69 per night...

http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotel/Ho...Bid_ID=0#Avail

I say the Ramada...Let me know...

Last edited by Tuned2JZ; 03-23-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:46 PM
jruocco

one important thing we need is them to allow us to wash our cars where ever we choose to go, any covered parking is a plus
Old 03-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by jruocco
one important thing we need is them to allow us to wash our cars where ever we choose to go, any covered parking is a plus
John, this is what I've been doing throughout the years every year when I would drive up to HIN in Orlando...I wash and wax the hell out the car the day/night before leaving to go up north...All you need to take along is a couple of damp rags or what I do is I get a towel and tear it in half...Then I wet the hell out of it, fold it up nicely and stick in a bag and take it with you. Shoot I always have a damp towel in my trunk at all times. You never know when you'll need to use it.

Also do not put any tire wet on your tires when rolling up to Tampa because you will end up with tire wet all along both sides of your car. Simply have a seperate bag with all of your cleaning products like detailer spray, etc...And simply either wipe down and detail the car at the hotel before taking the cars for rollin at 11am on Sat...Or simply wipe it down and detail once you're stationed inside the show. We'll have all the time in the world to wipe down and detail the car at Tropicana Field since the show doesn't start until 4pm...

This is going to be my plan...Since the freakin show is going to be outside and it's going to be hot as hell...I plan on waking up a little early on Sat like around 9am just to wipe down the car at the hotel with the wet rags and dry up the car...Then take a shower, have a good breakfast somewhere and then head on over to Tropicana Field (which is only 3 miles away from where we would be staying at if we choose to stay at any of the hotels that I meantioned) to roll in the cars at 11am sharp. Once we're stationed and parked wherever they set us up at, I'll then bust out the detailer spray and tire wet, etc...and just do the car there and just rest and wait till the mayhem begins at 4pm...

Now if worst comes to worst and it rains on our way up to Tampa from down here and our cars get filthy dirty, then there has to be a self wash carwash place with pressured water to wash our cars...

Oh and one last thing I forgot to mention, if you don't want bugs on your front bumper on the way up to Tampa, then I suggest you wrap your entire front bumber and partially wrap your hood with blue painters tape like I did in last years HIN in Orlando pictured below. Bug splatter can be a mission and a half when trying to remove if you don't cover up your front bumper...

You are talking to the carshow KING here, LOL!!!

Damn what an explanation...

Last edited by Tuned2JZ; 03-24-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:27 AM
WildWes

We have the 3M clear Bra, I will bring the Ice car polish and it will take those bugs out easily.

It will be a mission to find a covered garage.
I will check out the links.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:47 AM
WildWes

I tried calling Ramada but nobody answered. I wanted a room facing the parking lot and I will request if we can get an early check in if there is a clean room available.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Tuned2JZ

Amy, Wes will be calling the Ramada later on today and will be reserving a room for me, him, John, JR and Antoine (if he goes)...Max people per room is 5. So he's reserving just one room. So if you wanna reserve and book a room there then go for it.

https://www.ramada.com/Ramada/contro...kAvailMod=true
Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 AM
WildWes

I made the reservation already. Requested early check in if there is clean room available, and I will get an outside room facing the parking lot.
Call for reservation and talk to Jay. Request a room beside my room or close to my room.
Reserved April 24 to 26.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 AM
WildWes

I entered the address on my GPS and it is 249 miles from my house. Also I spoke to Jay from Ramada and he said its only $10 dollars for a taxi to go to Tropicana Field.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:11 AM
WildWes

[/QUOTE]

I'm saving this picture....PRICELESS,
Old 03-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by WildWes
I made the reservation already. Requested early check in if there is clean room available, and I will get an outside room facing the parking lot.
Call for reservation and talk to Jay. Request a room beside my room or close to my room.
Reserved April 24 to 26.
Thanks Wes...All you need is for John to register your car for HIN. Have him do it tonight.

Well Amy book your room ASAP!!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Tuned2JZ

I'm saving this picture....PRICELESS,[/QUOTE]

Yep yep...John is most probably going to have to do that since he doesn't have a bra...
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Tuned2JZ

I entered the address on my GPS and it is 249 miles from my house. Also I spoke to Jay from Ramada and he said its only $10 dollars for a taxi to go to Tropicana Field.
Cool, but why would we need to take a taxi to Tropicana Field if we're driving our cars there to the show, LOL!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
WildWes

Originally Posted by TunedC63
Cool, but why would we need to take a taxi to Tropicana Field if we're driving our cars there to the show, LOL!!!
Just in case, you never know. Also I am just quoting the price of the taxi to show how close it is to Ramada in terms of cost of taxi.
Plus I plan to bring my car real early Saturday, then have a great spot, then maybe go back to the hotel, or we might be able to bring it to HIN Friday if it is park inside, to get a great spot.

Last edited by WildWes; 03-24-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 AM
WildWes

I just spoke to Jay of Ramada, he can get us rooms close to each other, plus they are wi fi on each room. Bring laptops.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Tuned2JZ

I just spoke to Jay of Ramada, he can get us rooms close to each other, plus they are wi fi on each room. Bring laptops.
I will be bringing my laptop...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:48 AM
WildWes

I'm saving this picture....PRICELESS,
Yep yep...John is most probably going to have to do that since he doesn't have a bra...[/QUOTE]

JR has a bra. Hes double Ds. JK. His 350Z has 3M Clear bra too. He was ahead of us in terms of this mod.

Milton, I installed the PIAA H1 Ion Plasma bulbs last night and they are sweet.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Tuned2JZ

Yep yep...John is most probably going to have to do that since he doesn't have a bra...
JR has a bra. Hes double Ds. JK. His 350Z has 3M Clear bra too. He was ahead of us in terms of this mod.

Milton, I installed the PIAA H1 Ion Plasma bulbs last night and they are sweet.[/QUOTE]

Sweet...I wanna see them tomorrow..and about the bra thingy..I got my bra installed like a couple of weeks after I purchased the car. Bet he didn't get his bra as fast as I did after purchasing the car..HA!!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 AM
WildWes

Hey guys, some members of the SFLG Club might leave on early Saturday morning and I posted there that some members here can't leave on Friday too. If they are willing to shotgun some members here, you guys are willing to share the gas/toll expenses (like Zonda)

Amy please update the G35 Forums. As always thank you Ms. Chonga.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
WildWes

Cars Registering for HIN and also add +1 or +2 next to your names representing the amount of people you'll be taking

1. Milton (TunedC63) - Registered
2. Amy (MsLiLBlackNismo) - Registered
3. Miguel (Ghost_shift) - Registered
4. John (jruocco) - Registered
5. Wesley (WildWes) Registered
6. Matt (ZU L8R) - Registered
7. BigRich - Registered

People planning on just going to HIN but not registering their cars, and also add +1 or +2 next to your names representing the amount of people you'll be taking:

1. Jean (CrillZ)
2. Danh (Artistik D): If his parents let him go, LOL!!!
3. Lowell (lgear080): Maybe
4. Antoine: Maybe
5. Kno

People sharing rooms at the hotel...I say 2 people per room...
Done!!

Last edited by WildWes; 04-07-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Quick Reply: HIN Tampa (Who's Registering Their Cars, Who Plans on Going???)