Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Florida - "Improper Start" moving violation

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZMOWND
i dont consider having pot a "real" crime, maybe a sign saying "hey im about to shoot this guy right over there"...btw ive been on a ride along in a city in the top 10 in most dangerous city on a thursday night...
That is your opinion, as of today, pot is a real crime, like it or not.

Congrats, you should know exactly what I am talking about then.

What have you learned then? How many vehicle stops could that officer have made but did not? How many shootings did he stop because he observed a guy walking down the street with a big sign saying "I am going to shoot someone with this gun I have."
Old 12-16-2011, 06:17 AM
tazicon

Basicly you gave the officer a reason to pull you over and see if you had been drinking. I am glad he did his job.

Last edited by tazicon; 12-16-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:03 AM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by Z_HighSpeed
Some interesting responses.

I have said it before and will happily say it again.

Go for a ride along during a "busy" night in a local pd, and see exactly what officers do every single day and how many traffic stops are done in an average shift, while how many more are not.

You guys talk about "real" crime as if people walk around with giant signs on their heads "I have pot" or something of that sort.

Get real.
Real crime wouldn't happen if Cops were showing there presence where real crime happened. A cop hiding behind a bush with a laser gun isn't stopping crime. He's deceiving the public by hiding, and hoping that someone will break the law so he can meet his quota (I know there's no official quota, but ask any cop, that refuses to ticket, how long his job last). Cops don't want people to stop speeding, it's too much of a business for them.

If you took every traffic cop, and posted them at a school 24x7 instead of a speed trap, I bet **** like what happened at VT (twice now) wouldn't happen again.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by SLOPOS
Real crime wouldn't happen if Cops were showing there presence where real crime happened. A cop hiding behind a bush with a laser gun isn't stopping crime. He's deceiving the public by hiding, and hoping that someone will break the law so he can meet his quota (I know there's no official quota, but ask any cop, that refuses to ticket, how long his job last). Cops don't want people to stop speeding, it's too much of a business for them.

If you took every traffic cop, and posted them at a school 24x7 instead of a speed trap, I bet **** like what happened at VT (twice now) wouldn't happen again.
Real crime? Who are you kidding. There are roughly 500k active leos in the states, I would guess that maybe ten to twenty percent are on duty right now on patrol. You have 10mil (estimate) criminals actively committing crimes. You do the math on how many people there are in the states which would then require how many on duty leos to have a presence. Your argument is flawed because you have no understanding of the basic concepts.

Police do not have to protect anyone, nor are they required to.

Stop making things up in your head while believing everything you hear from every propoganda source.

Like is said, get real.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 AM
SLOPOS

Real crime? Who are you kidding. There are roughly 500k active leos in the states, I would guess that maybe ten to twenty percent are on duty right now on patrol. You have 10mil (estimate) criminals actively committing crimes. You do the math on how many people there are in the states which would then require how many on duty leos to have a presence. Your argument is flawed because you have no understanding of the basic concepts.

Stop making things up in your head while believing everything you hear from every propoganda source.

Like is said, get real.
If there not here to protect anyone, then why do we need them? Your an idiot.

Also, there's no way 10million serious crimes are being committed right now. Maybe if you factor in every three year old that is stealing a piece of gum from his sister. Either way, I figure that even if 2% of cops are patrol officers, that 2% could be doing something to protect and serve the public by fighting actual crime, or making there presence knowing in high crime areas. Directed police patrols have been shown to lower crime in areas of high crime, but they'd rather be pulling me over for going 10mph over 50, when my car can safely handle 150+mph. Make since if you don't think about it I guess. Here's a 1995 report that shows that for every minute a police car is present in a high crime area, it increased resident survival time by 23%.

There also are about 800k active LEO's in the USA (not including military police), but your random numbers are fun to read.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
NZMOWND

Like is said, get real.
Thats their job u ****ing moron....GTFO
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 AM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by NZMOWND
Thats their job u ****ing moron....GTFO
I'm pretty sure this guy is just trolling now. I don't see how he hasn't been banned with all his troll post.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Legacy406
Premier Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,704 Posts

Lets keep this thread on topic. If you feel like arguing keep it in your PM's

Originally Posted by tazicon
Basicly you gave the officer a reason to pull you over and see if you had been drinking. I am glad he did his job.
This
Old 12-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Edg_R

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no problem with the cop pulling you over to accelerating too fast. If he had given you a citation that would have been a different thing, but just checking up on you is good. He's providing a service (if nobody else was around, then to you) by making sure you were ok to drive.

And...

"Police do not have to protect anyone, nor are they required to." - Z_HighSpeed
Wtf o.O
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Warren v. DC

Read it...

All my statements stand, but thanks for making my point over and over in this thread through personal attacks and lack of basic knowledge of the CJ system.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Shin Beats

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Z_HighSpeed

^didn't read.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

wow, it's obvious there are a lot more children driving 350z's now.

It's a law, you got caught. Just because nobody else is around doesn't mean the law is null. PLUS, if NOBODY was around how did you not see the cop who was around? Apparently he was around enough to see you do that ****.

I'm going to go cook some meth out in the woods. Nobody is around so it's not against the law. wow

Just be happy he gave you a warning. It's a moving violation and would go against you and raise your insurance. You made a mistake. Be an adult and just own up to it and be thankful you got off easy. We all make mistakes but owning up to it separates the adults from the whiny kids.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Edg_R

Originally Posted by binder
wow, it's obvious there are a lot more children driving 350z's now.

It's a law, you got caught. Just because nobody else is around doesn't mean the law is null. PLUS, if NOBODY was around how did you not see the cop who was around? Apparently he was around enough to see you do that ****.

I'm going to go cook some meth out in the woods. Nobody is around so it's not against the law. wow

Just be happy he gave you a warning. It's a moving violation and would go against you and raise your insurance. You made a mistake. Be an adult and just own up to it and be thankful you got off easy. We all make mistakes but owning up to it separates the adults from the whiny kids.
Cooking meth = accelerating rapidly
Old 12-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Shin Beats

Originally Posted by Edg_R
Cooking meth<accelerating rapidly
Fixed it for you lol
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
binder

Originally Posted by Shin Beats
Fixed it for you lol
broken law is broken law. anyone that doesn't see that is obviously clueless.

The degree of the crime is validated by the punishment awarded. They are all still crimes though.

again, more immature minds are coming forth.

Nobody cares if you think the law should be in place. If it's a law and you break it then you get the punishment for it. You don't get out of it just because you don't think it's a good law.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 456 Likes on 370 Posts

I've been pulled over in my mothers z3 for accelerating too fast and I didn't exceed speed limit(it was a stock auto) they let me off with a warning, but they can pull you over for it.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Edg_R

How fast is too fast? A law against accelerating too fast... I would understand if you did the whole pedal to the metal thing every time u too off, squealing and making smoke.... but if u accelerate rapidly... what's wrong with that? As long as you dont go over the speed limit and you do it with control.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
mcarther101

Just because nobody else is around doesn't mean the law is null. PLUS, if NOBODY was around how did you not see the cop who was around? Apparently he was around enough to see you do that ****.

We all make mistakes but owning up to it separates the adults from the whiny kids.
"No person shall start a vehicle which is stopped, standing, or parked, unless and until such movement can be made with reasonable safety"

My argument isn't that the law is null, it's that I hadn't violated any law. There is still no Florida law to my knowledge that limits acceleration... how would it even be enforced? Besides personal opinion, there's no magic tool a cop has to measure someone's acceleration. Unless you break traction, and slip your tires, you've done nothing wrong. Also, 0-60 acceleration in 5.6sec is laughable. And the officer wasn't on the same road as me, as if it matters.

Originally Posted by Edg_R
Cooking meth = accelerating rapidly
I lol'd... clearly I'm a young kid full of herp and derp... I wish I wasn't such a whiny kid <sarcasm>. Wow, some my350z members in this region are ridiculous. I think I'll just stuck to the classified section around here now.

Here's a forum with a thread about this very topic. Several police officers chimed in:
http://forums.officer.com/showthread...eleration-Laws

Nobody cares if you think the law should be in place. If it's a law and you break it then you get the punishment for it. You don't get out of it just because you don't think it's a good law.
Because no one cares...

http://www.stupidlaws.com/

I'm done with this thread, now off to Cali to snowboard. Merry Christmas weirdos.

Last edited by mcarther101; 12-16-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 AM
binder

all law is up for interpretation. hence the entire justice system. levels for interpretation on degree of homicide, assault, etc. that's how it works.

"there was only 1 car along side me"

so you don't think it would be easy to see if someone took off fast if there was another car next to it at the light? It's very easy. I see it all the time sitting at lights. Some jackass stoplight races when it turns green and jumps out ahead of the person next to them. Hell i've seen minivan's do that and they aren't accelerating fast by any means but if they jump 2 cars ahead of someone sitting at a light they obviously gunned the engine pretty hard.

Quick Reply: Florida - "Improper Start" moving violation