Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Batlground dyno day Aug 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 12:56 PM
BATLtracy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batlground dyno day Aug 22nd

Hey guys. I'm Tracy from Batlground Engineering in Atlanta. I'm new on here. I just wanted to invite you guys to an event that we are having at our shop. It turned out pretty well last time. We dynoed 40 cars and about 250 show up just to hang.

Batlground will be hosting another dyno day Sunday, August 22nd. Yes...the day after HIN. This particular thread is for ya'll to give some input on classes (it will be a dyno battle and there will be prizes). Once we all decide on classes I will post the final info on Fri. So we/you have til Fri. to give some input. We're short on time. I do know that we will pre register via credit card, and you will be given a time slot....so you don't have to be here all day if you don't want. You can just show up for your slot.
Now don't try to get all crazy on me about the classes. We can only do 40 cars, so we can't have 40 different classes. I would like to keep the classes down to 6 or 8. Here's my ideas on classes:
- 4 cyl NA
- 4 cyl + power adder
- 6 cyl NA (includes NA Supras)
- 6 cyl + power adder
- 8 cyl NA
- 8 cyl + power adder
- rotary
- unlimited Supra (includes NA-T Supras)

That's 8 classes. Now, I'm thinking that in the classes with power adders, the power adders will be unlimited. Kind of run what you brung. It's a contest. I'm keeping the power adder Supras seperate because the other 6 cyl.'s don't think it is fair to run against them. I agree. That will not change. I'm keeping rotary's seperate because....it's tricky. They engine displacement like a 4 cyl., but have power like a 6 cyl. So....there's my ideas.

Please feel free to give input. But please remember, I need to have this decided by Fri.

We will dyno 40 cars. 2 pulls ea. for $30. A/F is an extra $3. NO TUNING ON DYNO DAY, POWER PULLS ONLY. We will preregister cars and your car will be grouped by class and you will be given a time slot. If you miss it, too bad. You 're last!!! I don't know if I should have a check in time or not if I am going to preregister. But if I do not do check in, then no refunds on preregistration if you don't show up.
Even if you don't want to dyno, bring your car anyway, SHOW IT OFF (no show prizes...sorry). We will have a live DJ and food for sale (probably my dad again). If you don't preregister we will have stand-by slots. You will have to show up at 10 and chek in to get a stand-by slot. I will post final info on FRI!!!!

Also, this is a suggestion from another forum. Let me know what you think about that, too. The HP/liter is a good way to do dyno days. I think it lets the underdog have a chance to win a trophy. For example, a mildly boosted B16 that may put down 200hp will loose to a stock SRT-4 that puts down 225hp. But with the hp/liter the B16 would be 125hp/lr and the SRT-4 is only 94hp/lr. This seems to work well and make the competion a lot closer. I also like your supra only class. That gives some of the 300s a chance to win.

k. I think that's it.
tracy@batlground.com
www.batlground.com
Old 08-06-2004, 09:51 AM
BATLtracy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW. This is in Atlanta, GA. Sorry I forgot to post that. I forget that not everyone knows who we are =)