Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

How Regal Nissan (Atlanta) screwed me for over $7k (and attempted 2k more)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 07:46 PM
GradZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Regal Nissan (Atlanta) screwed me for over $7k (and attempted 2k more)

Saturday - I trade in my 350z Touring for the 350z Roadster Touring. (I had 12.4k in equity in my original car).

Monday - I decide I made a mistake and to eat it until the bank calls me up saying they wouldn't approve the financing until I renew my license which expired. At this point I start pondering the idea of switching to the Altima. Then the dealership calls me and I tell them I will renew my license Friday.

Thursday - I go into the dealership and tell them I want to switch to the Altima. They tell me they can't do anything until I renew my license and they they refuse to let me drive off with an expired license (my insurance company said i was covered). Then the car salesman who sold me my Z offered to be nice and drive me around and get my license renewed. Well I agreed, and that ****ed me because they were only doing it to lock me into the original contract cause the 350z gives them a higher commission than an Altima (less markup over invoice, etc.). Plus they woulda lost a little value on me having driven the Z for 400 miles that week.

After an exhausting day of going back and forth between a courthouse and the DMV, I decided to wait till Friday to trade it in.

Friday - I call up the bank and ask them if I was required to have the 5/year 100k mile warranty and Simoniz Paint Protection that the Finance guy at Regal Nissan said was Required. They said no. I go over there and start bitching them out about it and they said i could always cancel the extended warranty but the Simoniz has already been applied and it's too late. So that's $2k in options that got financed into the car that I didn't need and would ultimately cost $3k or more after the interest is is applied over the term of the loan.

I decide to trade in my car for the Altima and that's when the shocker comes, they locked me into the original contract by being nice and renewing my license because I had immediately lost over $6900 in equity when I bought the 350z roadster.

I traded it in for a Honda Civic (to drop my payments) and it turns out I only had $5500 in equity. So 12400-5500 = 6900 I lost for buying a car and it only having 300 miles. My trade in value on a car I bought at MSRP ($37k) was only 32.5k

How did I lose it? Well the 350z is marked up almost $3k over invoice, $1k in taxes, 500 in doc fees and miscellaneous expenses, and now I owe $14k on a Civic which is more than I did on my 350z.

The dealership was very unethical, lied when I said I didn't want the paint protection and extended warranty but he said it was required and I gave him some undue respect in that regard, and then they ****ed me by making me renew my license. I needed a car to get to and from work while I tried to get out of this deal cause it was gonna take a day or two to sort it out and I was afraid they'd call the cops on me for driving on a suspended license. After all they knew where I worked and lived.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:55 AM
jackie chan

i hate to hear stuff like this. sorry. you need to make this type of practice known to everybody you can.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:07 AM
2003z

sorry man, but you signed a contract. Sounds like you rushed to action and didn't think through what you are doing. An expired license in know way relieves you from your contract. As for the warranty and simonize, thats a hard lesson, but the best you can do from now is learn from it.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:42 AM
jackie chan

another thing, is if they told you that you had to have the warranty and simoniz for financing, they lied. get a lawyer on that one
Old 08-21-2004, 09:52 AM
maxipad96

Dude your story sounds so fishy. I used to work at Regal. I've bought 4 cars from Regal, they've treated me great. I don't understand your logic or thinking here. You should have known what you wanted before you considered purchasing a new automobile. Sounds to me like either somehow your lieing or your indescisiveness got the best of you.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:06 AM
HokieZ

Let me see if this recap is right:

350Z touring to
350Z Roadster to
Altima to
Honda Civic

in the course of a few days.

If that's the case it's a wonder you didn't lose more than 7K in reality. Buying a car and selling it every and expecting to get anything out of it is like flushing money down the toilet and hoping the toilet coughs up more than you fed it.

Sounds like they did some fishy things, but a little internet research likely could have prevented much of it.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Brando

I'm sorry....but you are mad at the dealership cause you can't make a decision and did something Stupid????????
also Expired license?????
Geez.........