Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Raleigh Meet Dec 4th

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 02:07 PM
newcredit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raleigh Meet Dec 4th

Okay all we are going to meet on Dec 4th at 2pm at the Flying Saucer in Downtown Raleigh. Here is their web site http://www.beerknurd.com for directions. Any chance in getting the G lovers from Charlotte/Greensboro/Winston Salem and anyone else for that matter to show up would be great!! As always RSVP so I can get a good head count of who is going to be there especially for parking!!! Hopefully it will not be like the last rainy meet we had when we should of had 8 guys and ended up only having 4?? SO lets just blame that one on the rain!!! Anyways looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces as well!! and if you need an excuse for the wife/family tie it in with X-mas shopping!!!

Event coordinator email

CSTOVER@nc.rr.com
Old 11-18-2004, 08:19 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned in the Charlotte Meet thread, I'll try to make this if I wind up not having guests that weekend.

BTW, proud owner of plate #73 in Charlotte here and 1/2 way to plate #2...
Old 11-20-2004, 08:00 AM
wick3d350Z

anyone want to buy my nismo exhaust or wheels?
Old 11-25-2004, 03:37 AM
wick3d350Z

this thing still going on :-p
Old 11-25-2004, 06:23 AM
newcredit

Yup! We down flake after we set a date! It rained on the day of our last meet and there was 4 g's, one service rep from infiniti, and 6 or 7 guys from a local shop with a turbo charged z.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Low J.
Banned

hey guys.....I'll be a new 350Z owner as of Monday. We actually have a monthly car meet at the Ale House on Falls of the Neuse road and we meet on the first Saturday of every month which just happens to be December 4th. We meet there at 5pm. It started a while back with just a few Mazdaspeed owners and then we reached out to all other car people in the area so we've got Mazdaspeeds, EVO's, SRT-4's, etc. showing up too. Last month we had 20 people show up so I'd like to also extend the invitation to the Z owners....especially since I'll be an owner shortly.

Another good thing about this is parking....lots of open space to park the cars so it's easy to pop hoods and check out each others rides

I don't wanna step on the Z only meet at all....just wanted to throw this out there in case you guys wanted to come down afterwards. It's on every month!!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 05:51 PM
newcredit

I'll let the guys know! Many of us will be looking to take a quick ride around since we don't have a drive planned!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Looks like I will be attending as well! McDuck..lets plan on meeting up beforehand.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
RAR

I'll be there aswell.

Andrew
Old 12-04-2004, 01:23 PM
RAR

Good meet! Good Beer!

Riiiiiggghhhhttt.. so thats not completly what I had in mind when on the highway (mainly the getting off it part), hope I didnt scare anyone.

Pictures are uploading and will be located here: http://www.350z.ws/gallery/raleighmeet120404

Andrew
Old 12-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Low J.
Banned

I've got a yellow Z and was next to a blue friday afternoon at the corner of Davis and High House....was that you??? I live in Morrisville too just off Davis and Morrisville-Carpenter so you may see me around.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:41 PM
RAR

It wasnt me, but that was most likely eric1h if it had a nismo style wing on it, he lives right near there. I live right off cary parkway and 54, hope to see you around.

Andrew
Old 12-04-2004, 09:10 PM
KAHBOOM

Nice meet nice cruise on the way back besides the slow car in the far left.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:10 AM
newcredit

Kev, did you know that trooper pulled me over? Neil called me like 5 minutes later.

This is going to be a long post so I will give the whole story tom.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Anthony...I hear..and saw the tropper pull you over. Hope its not too bad.

you should have just blamed it on me...that crazy dude from CA was trying to run you off the road or something.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:32 PM
KAHBOOM

I saw the trooper and the lights.. and I thought that he pulled you but I wasn't sure... you'll hafve to give us details. Nice pics posted on the G site. Those Z's took some HOT looking solo pics. That orange Z would have looked hot in a pic with the orange brick backdrop, I am surprized that he didn't take one.

But Ant, details Pleeeeze!!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Morris

Sorry I missed out!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:36 AM
newcredit

Okay here we go!

As I left Sharif and Andy (1/8 of a mile at the most) to catch up to Kev and Andy, I looked up and the Trooper was behind me in the lane left of me.

I was thinking oh Sh#t he is going to pull all of us! HAH

He just gets me...I'm up the creek! I know at the time I pulled over one lane I had to almost slam on brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I was probably at 90 mph at that point before braking.

When he pulled me over, I had my DL already out and handed it to him, it was more like he snatched it out of my hand and said "oh yeah somebody is going to jail tonight."

I immediately called my fraternity brother who is Durham PD to stroll past the scene because I felt like this dude was gonna hand me my ***!

The trooper asked my who I was talking to on the phone and I told him. I also passed him the phone they exchanged words for over a minute he says to my fraternity brother "oh and I smell alchohol" and then he hung it up. I still don't know what my fraternity brother told him.

Any how that is when Neil called (somewhere in between the trooper trying to get me to confess and taking a breathalizer test). He said well damn who is that! I said "one of my boys" then he says "who the clowns from California back there, yeah I saw them too, Tell me the truth it was yall on 540 earlier today" I said "nah" we weren't even around there today.

He later says he was watching us all for awhile and he wouldn't have even stopped me if I wasn't swerving in and out of traffic. He said you could have been speeding with your other boys in a straight line but Noooooooooo! You want to do your own thing!
"I just got off of work 7 minutes ago and was on my way home until I saw you driving like that."

To top it all off he said I didn't have insurance coverage "according to the computer" even though I handed him a policy. He told another trooper on the radio to make sure my car didn't move and to check back in an hour. He told me if I moved it he would show up on my door step. HAH I don't live there! But anyway I called Infiniti roadside and they dropped it off at my apartment for free!

Now I have to come up with the "Dream team" attorney becaused I used my PJ already on another ticket.

Bottom line - ticket for careless and wreckless 4pts. And he said he's comming to court!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 AM
mcduck

Good luck, Ant... I hope you can get things smoothed out.

I guess in one respect, I can see where the Trooper is coming from. That is a pretty populated stretch of road. If we all continued to speed in a straight line and he left us alone cool. What got his attention is the swerving in and out of traffic which can be dangerous. Still, I was at the back of the line and I didn't see anyone cut anyone off or do something that actually endangered other drivers.

Can anyone tell me the website URL? I'd like to see the pictures that have been posted.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:30 AM
KAHBOOM

Dang Ant.. sorry to hear about that. So he took you downtown? Why did he tell you not to move? Where did he come from?

I bet the Garner officer radio'd to him that he were getting on I40.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 12-06-2004 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Raleigh Meet Dec 4th