South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Any Colorado Z Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 08:54 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts
Default Hope I won't scare anyone, but...

What I was referring to was a track day at the FULL 2.2 mile 13-turn road course at PMI. What I envision would be a leisurely morning drive down to PMI and perhaps some driving exercises, including threshold braking and slalom manuevers. Later on (and this is assuming we can get the track to ourselves and have no more than 12-15 cars). we can work on the famous 'heel-toe' and downshift technique and do a walk-thru of the 'line' around PMI. Finally, we could run in groups and do a single line progression around the track until (hopefully) everyone started to feel comfortable (relatively speaking) on the track.

I must caution everyone: we'll all be asked to sign a liability waiver at the track. We'll have to keep in mind that success will be measured by nobody going off and injuring themselves or their car! If we do this, we'll have to set it up carefully and be sure to commit to a day of serious and safe fun. I won't be held responsible if this is the most fun that you'll have with your clothes on!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:16 AM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A day on the full road course is what I would be most interested in. I'm not a huge quarter-mile fan (nothing wrong with it...I just prefer sideways G's to back-in-your-seat G's.) Auto-X around cones in a parking lot is a little better, but now that I've got a track-worthy car, I really want to get it onto a purpose-built road course.

dkmura, I like the syllabus you've mentioned (heel-toe, slalom work, threshold braking, etc.) I'm looking forward to getting some tips from someone who has actually done this before. I've always been a road-racing fan (watching, not participating...yet,) and there are a lot of things that I'll be interested to hear your comments on (braking technique, downshifting technique, etc) when we get together at the track.

Gary

Last edited by GaryM05; 01-27-2003 at 05:19 AM.